ImageImage

Thunder fire Carlesimo after 13 games

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Thunder fire Carlesimo after 13 games 

Post#1 » by paul » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:27 am

As per the wiretap, OKC have fired head coach PJ Carlesimo after just 13 games. Things must have been going horribly pear shaped in the locker room given these guys are about as far away from a 'win now' situation as a team can possibly get. Not sure about the record books, but this is very early in the season.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Thunder fire Carlesimo after 13 games 

Post#2 » by Nebula1 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:45 pm

This is a good move for them. I know they have no expectations, but these guys never even sweat. Durant, for as much as I love him, doesn't sweat during games. Westbrook is playing hard and Green is pretending to be a veteran, but these guys simply must play harder.

That said, I still like Wilcox and Joe. Wish we would've gotten Joe back in that deal for Ridnour and could trade for Wilcox.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#3 » by Newz » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Not his fault that team is so bad.

The guy who they think is a superstar (Durant) I don't even think is as good as Rashard Lewis yet. Their C's and PF's are all average at best, Jeff Green looks like a role player and Westbrook has some talent... But they are still a very young and inexperienced team.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#4 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Yeah they're just a bad team. Although PJ will probably never get a permanent head coaching job in the NBA, he's can at least avoid a very long season and pick up as an assistant with somebody again.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#5 » by stellation » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:40 pm

I caught a quarter of the game yesterday, they were woeful.

It did make me want to get Collison, though. Whilst everyone else seemed to give zero effort that guy was playing his arse off.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#6 » by Buck You » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Well Collison has one problem, he just isn't very good.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#7 » by stellation » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm not suggesting at all that Collison would be a saviour, but I still like the guy a lot.
#FreeChuckDiesel
itstheiryear
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#8 » by itstheiryear » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:16 pm

nice to see they already have more coaches in franchise history than they have wins.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#9 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:17 pm

itstheiryear wrote:nice to see they already have more coaches in franchise history than they have wins.

Never thought of that, but hilarious. :rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#10 » by JoeHova » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:12 am

I never thought Carlesimo was worthy of another chance, they only hired him because they knew no real coach would want to take over a team that had no future and wasn't trying to win. Now that they have a home, I'm sure they'll try to get someone better.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#11 » by Rockmaninoff » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:17 am

JoeHova wrote:I never thought Carlesimo was worthy of another chance, they only hired him because they knew no real coach would want to take over a team that had no future and wasn't trying to win. Now that they have a home, I'm sure they'll try to get someone better.

Avery Johnson? I think he would be a good fit with that team.

But yeah, Carlesimo has been a d-bag since Seton Hall.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#12 » by MetroDrugUnit » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:35 am

Can't beleive it took this long. That team strait up sucks ass, they could go through 6 more coaches before the end of the year
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#13 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:34 am

Nebula1 wrote:This is a good move for them. I know they have no expectations, but these guys never even sweat. Durant, for as much as I love him, doesn't sweat during games. Westbrook is playing hard and Green is pretending to be a veteran, but these guys simply must play harder.

That said, I still like Wilcox and Joe. Wish we would've gotten Joe back in that deal for Ridnour and could trade for Wilcox.
Either would be fine with me, although I think Wilcox is probably closer to the big body we need next to Bogut (either in a starting or backup role).
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#14 » by raferfenix » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:48 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:This is a good move for them. I know they have no expectations, but these guys never even sweat. Durant, for as much as I love him, doesn't sweat during games. Westbrook is playing hard and Green is pretending to be a veteran, but these guys simply must play harder.

Either would be fine with me, although I think Wilcox is probably closer to the big body we need next to Bogut (either in a starting or backup role).

I thought one of if not both of those two were going to be headed our way as part of the RJ deal when I heard the teams involved. Maybe we thought we could have gotten more for CV or that he would have been better for us, but we for sure have even more incentive to make a CV/Jones swap for either of those guys at this point.

Problem is, if we already tried to do that and OKC said no, i'm not sure they'll be much more likely to do it.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#15 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:01 am

OKC wants a 1st rounder for Wilcox supposedly, and I think that might be what kept him from coming this way.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#16 » by REDDzone » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:05 am

A first rounder for Wilcox?

Not even close to worth it IMO.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#17 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:19 am

REDDzone wrote:A first rounder for Wilcox?

Not even close to worth it IMO.

Ergo why he's still in OKC.

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#18 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:50 am

This isn't an original thought (although I've modified it a bit), and I forget where I heard it tonight, but it is amusing to think that to this point the Oklahoma City Thunder have had twice as many head coaches as they've had wins :lol:
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:55 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:I forget where I heard it tonight

Probably on page one. :wink:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#20 » by Jez2983 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:40 am

trwi7 wrote:
GrandAdmiralDan wrote:I forget where I heard it tonight

Probably on page one. :wink:

:lol:
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks