ImageImage

Game 15: Bucks at Bobcats - 11/22

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Re: Game 15: Bucks at Bobcats - 11/22 

Post#341 » by icat2000 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:38 am

Good result. No matter how we played we got the win and that's what counts.
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#342 » by PedroGrande » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:38 am

How many Back to Back are left til January?
"Hope isn't a plan"
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#343 » by paul » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:39 am

LUKE23 wrote:Sessions needs to start. Ridnour doesn't do anything well.

I love Ramon Luke but his PG play was terrible tonight and a big part of the reason our offense struggled so badly imo. He played like a 2 guard tonight, if you want to start him there I'm cool with that.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,235

Post#344 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:40 am

MetroDrugUnit wrote:That was tough to watch. It was like a football game played on Hinez Field in a snow storm

Yeah it was tough to watch but it would have been a lot tougher if we had lost. I'll take a win.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#345 » by trwi7 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 am

PedroGrande wrote:How many Back to Back are left til January?

15 left in the regular season.

November - 1
December - 3
January - 5
February - 2
March - 3
April - 1
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#346 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:43 am

paul wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Sessions needs to start. Ridnour doesn't do anything well.

I love Ramon Luke but his PG play was terrible tonight and a big part of the reason our offense struggled so badly imo. He played like a 2 guard tonight, if you want to start him there I'm cool with that.

Yep have to agree, Ramon is the future for us definitely but Ball movement was horrific out there and Ramon wasn't very good tonight when it cam to running the offense. He was good with hitting his throws and hitting shots but not as a playmaker.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#347 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:47 am

The ball movement with Sessions is slightly worse than it is with Ridnour, but overall the team plays better with Sessions on the floor. Why? Because Sessions can get into the lane and make things happen, and shoot a respectable %, and Ridnour cannot. Defensively, IMO Sessions has been better this year than Ridnour as well. Sessions D is really improving by the game.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#348 » by REDDzone » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:51 am

100% agreed Luke.

Honestly the only thing that Ridnour is above average at on a basketball court is missing shots IMO.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#349 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:36 am

REDDzone wrote:100% agreed Luke.

Honestly the only thing that Ridnour is above average at on a basketball court is missing shots IMO.

Dude, none of these guys are good shooters. Not even Redd, Reddzone. 43 percent, .365 on threes? That's so mediocre it's crap only because some fans continue to peddle out the "Michael Redd is one of the best shooters in the game garbage." Since when? He's the best shooter on a team filled with guys that don't shoot well. These guys have gotta have Skiles longing for Ben Gordon.

Bucks and Hornets are in the same spot -- learning how to play better D. Both teams are doing it, and that made this game fun to watch. Okafor, I might add, is useless. Bogut owns that guy.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#350 » by Newz » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:42 am

Michael Redd, who is like Ben Gordon only a much better player, has to have Skiles longing for Gordon? Hmm...

I don't know if Sessions is going to be a very good PG in the NBA or not. I think he has a lot of potential and the tools to be a good player though. All I know is that right now I am 100% sure that he is a TON better than Luke Ridnour.
Oct 16th 1968
Junior

Post#351 » by Oct 16th 1968 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:34 am

Just finished watching the game... not too pretty but we'll take it.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#352 » by Ayt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:36 am

power4wardjinx wrote:

Dude, none of these guys are good shooters. Not even Redd, Reddzone. 43 percent, .365 on threes? That's so mediocre it's crap only because some fans continue to peddle out the "Michael Redd is one of the best shooters in the game garbage." Since when? He's the best shooter on a team filled with guys that don't shoot well. These guys have gotta have Skiles longing for Ben Gordon.

Bucks and Hornets are in the same spot -- learning how to play better D. Both teams are doing it, and that made this game fun to watch. Okafor, I might add, is useless. Bogut owns that guy.

Where the hell did you get your stats on Redd? He's shooting 44% overall and 46% on threes this year. On his career, he's at 45% and 39%. Only 18 active players have a higher career 3PT% and many of them are pure spot up shooters. The only guy ahead of him that has a higher per game scoring average in their career is Ray Allen.

Allen's career PPG is 21.0. Career .395 3PT%. Redd is 20.5 and .388.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#353 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:05 pm

LukePliska wrote:Michael Redd, who is like Ben Gordon only a much better player, has to have Skiles longing for Gordon? Hmm...

I don't know if Sessions is going to be a very good PG in the NBA or not. I think he has a lot of potential and the tools to be a good player though. All I know is that right now I am 100% sure that he is a TON better than Luke Ridnour.

"These guys" would mean the whole bad shooting team, not his greatness Michael. However, when it comes to shooting Ben Gordon has been a better shooter than Redd for a few years now. But then, that's one of those stat things, based on the number of shots that go in vs. the number of shots that don't. It probably doesn't have any real merit.

Gordon plays defense, too, is a few years younger than Redd and his teams win more often than Redd's. Since when is Michael Redd a "much better player" than Ben Gordon??? Maybe in 2004, but that's a lot of Bucks losses ago.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#354 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:30 pm

Ayt wrote:
power4wardjinx wrote:

Where the hell did you get your stats on Redd? He's shooting 44% overall and 46% on threes this year. On his career, he's at 45% and 39%. Only 18 active players have a higher career 3PT% and many of them are pure spot up shooters. The only guy ahead of him that has a higher per game scoring average in their career is Ray Allen.

You haven't the hell noticed that Redd's not shot over 40 % on 3's since George Karl, Ernie G and Sam Cassell left town?
Since Michael Redd became a starter, he's the hell been a .365 3-point shooter. His career stats are the hell buoyed by the two years he came off the bench for George Karl and shot about 44% from 3-land. You can the hell go to basketball-reference.com for the stats, but the hell you'll have to do your own math on the years 2003-2008. It ain't the hell pretty. He has not the hell been anything more than an average 3-baller for years now.

Ray Allen shoots about 40 % on threes every year. Ray the hell is remarkably consistent.

Redd on the other hand, is not remarkably consistent as a shooter. Last season, Redd was no better than Sheed, whether you're talking about two-point jump shots or 3's or showballs in hell. http://82games.com/FGSORT7.HTM Sheed and Redd were the hell tied for 72nd in the league on two-point jump shots and shot about the same 3 % (Redd was a little better, but not much).

I realize many Bucks fans think redd had a down year last year shootingwise. However, the .363 is only a couple of thousandths the hell from what his 3-land percentage has been since he became a starter. Redd has managed to maintain this "great shooter" myth for years while being a streaky shooter at best, living off of sportscenter highlights and never actually having to be a great shooter. Un-the-hell-believable.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#355 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Ayt wrote:

And please, define "Pure spot up shooter". Most 3's in the NBA are shot off of set plays. Because Peja, Nash, Raja Bell, Barbosa, Anthony Parker, Kyle Korver, Ray, Ben Gordon, Boobie Gibson, Kapano and many others (Mo Williams, for example) shoot the ball better than Redd, he gets "not a pure spot up shooter" points for palming it like a dumbass and waiting for the double team? What does that mean?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks