Marc Stein, "Bucks would listen to Redd offers."

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Marc Stein, "Bucks would listen to Redd offers." 

Post#1 » by Buck You » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:05 pm

• I don't get the impression that Milwaukee's Michael Redd is being shopped. I do get the impression that the Bucks will happily listen to Redd proposals if the phone rings, with two years and more than $35 million left on our beloved lefty's contract after this season and with Richard Jefferson arriving in Brewtown in June with a contract in the same ballpark. "I think they think they're the same team at this point with [Redd] or without him," one rival-team official said of the Bucks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... -081213-14

Yeah, I know this is more of a guess than an actual fact but hey, it's something to discuss isn't it? The last quote by the rival-team official is pretty interesting and something we all have thought all along. "The Bucks are the same team at this point with Redd, or without him." Interesting stuff. Let the arguments begin.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Marc Stein, "Bucks would listen to Redd offers." 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Pretty telling that a scout has that opinion. I have to agree. Unless Redd is on fire from deep, he doesn't really add anything to the roster. No D, no playmaking, no rebounding, and it's not like our offense flows better with him on the court. I'm all over trading Redd if it makes sense.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:09 pm

When you have a team as bad as the Bucks, it should be understood that you'll listen to offers for any player.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:10 pm

"I think they think they're the same team at this point with [Redd] or without him," one rival-team official said of the Bucks.

Most of us have been saying this for a while. Redd is irrelevant, if he can clear the cap and hopefully (although I'm not optimistic) bring in a prospect or pick we should do it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,457

Post#5 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Stein is usually clued into what teams are shopping players, but it doesn't take a genius to know that the Bucks would trade Redd. Happily.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#6 » by InsideOut » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:18 pm

I feel a little justified now after having agrued this point (Redd irrelevant) less than a week ago. Glad to see a scout agreeing with me and the other who feel the same way. Now if I can only find that poster who said I lost that debate.
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by blueedwards » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:21 pm

In that article Denver is looking for a big. Could maybe send them Gadz for Atkins and Kleiza. Then try and deal Redd for a big like Kamen or Brad Miller.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#8 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:27 pm

DrugBust wrote:When you have a team as bad as the Bucks, it should be understood that you'll listen to offers for any player.

No kidding. I'm not saying this wasn't worth posting, because it's something to talk about and the quote is interesting, but this is hardly news to any of us, I would think.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Fight the Tank » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:29 pm

TANK
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#10 » by worthlessBucks » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Let's blow this baby up.
Go Bucks!
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User

Post#11 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:38 pm

What do you guys think of a Redd trade sending him to Denver?... something like Redd/Elson for Martin/Jones. Nugs fans seem to be OK with it, but maybe it's too big of a risk with Kenyon's knees.

I would do it because I think Dahntay Jones would be a great fit at SG and K-Mart, when healthy, is a great interior defender.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#12 » by jerrod » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:39 pm

how many years left on kmart's deal?
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User

Post#13 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Same as Michael's... almost identical contracts.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#14 » by Rockmaninoff » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Neptune_Balla21 wrote:What do you guys think of a Redd trade sending him to Denver?... something like Redd/Elson for Martin/Jones. Nugs fans seem to be OK with it, but maybe it's too big of a risk with Kenyon's knees.

I would do it because I think Dahntay Jones would be a great fit at SG and K-Mart, when healthy, is a great interior defender.

Change Jones to JR Smith and I'd think about. Skiles wouldn't though.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#15 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:45 pm

It's somewhat of a pointless blurb from Stein. They are listening now as if they weren't 3 weeks ago, or in the offseason? If you get a nice offer, with the ability to shed salary, of course you do it.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User

Post#16 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:45 pm

I would almost rather have Jones than Smith IMO... harder worker and more coachable. You're right Skiles would not like him too much, Smith and Karl supposedly don't even talk.
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#17 » by blueedwards » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Maggette is on the block but he has a torn hamstring. Ridnour and Lue for Maggette. Gadz for Kleiza and Atkins. Redd for?

Sessions,Atkins
Maggette,Bell
Jefferson,LMAM,Alexander
CV,LMAM,Alexander,Kleiza,Croshere
Bogut,Elson
Plus still have Redd for trade bait. I tried a Redd to Clippers but after its Redd for Kamen they dont have many more big salaries to go with beyond Gordon and injured Davis. Maybe Redd to Raps for JO even up? But Maggette has a torn hamstring. So I doubt we trade for him right now.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#18 » by Nebula1 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:47 pm

If he does end up being traded (which I don't want to see), I hope he goes to a contender. He's put in some real work in Milwaukee. Denver would be a nice fit. A three-way with Denver and Miami may work, since Damon Jones could probably go to Miami. Maybe we could get Haslem and JR Smith back in a deal.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#19 » by Mags FTW » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Redd & CV for JR Smith and Kenyon

I wanted to do that last year when it was obvious Denver was going nowhere. Now that they have Billups I doubt they do it.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#20 » by smauss » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Pretty telling that a scout has that opinion. I have to agree. Unless Redd is on fire from deep, he doesn't really add anything to the roster. No D, no playmaking, no rebounding, and it's not like our offense flows better with him on the court. I'm all over trading Redd if it makes sense.

:nod:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator

Return to Milwaukee Bucks