ImageImage

ESPN Lottery Mock Draft

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

ESPN Lottery Mock Draft 

Post#1 » by steger_3434 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:19 am

It's early, but this sim is always fun. I'm quite surprised how high they have Curry going most of the time. So far I've played 5 times and the highest the Bucks have been is 12.

EDIT: I thought I had the link...guess not http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/lottery2009/mockdraft
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: ESPN Lottery Mock Draft 

Post#2 » by REDDzone » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:29 am

Second try Bucks got the second pick and Thabeet.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#3 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:51 am

Everytime I tried the Bucks ended up taking Jordan Hill...
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#4 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:07 am

Id honestly be happy with any of the players I've seen on the top 14 but my favorites (at around 10-14) would have to be Monroe and Lawal.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Neptune_Balla21
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Neptune_Balla21 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 am

I would be so down with Gani Lawal. Seem to draw Jordan Hill at 12 every time though...
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Joana » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:55 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Everytime I tried the Bucks ended up taking Jordan Hill...

Me too. 6 attempts.

Anyway, it's highly unlikely that Rubio enters the draft. There's a very good and accurate article about him and his current club in DX. Coach Claros makes a very good description of him in the video, it's worth watching: http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:04 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Everytime I tried the Bucks ended up taking Jordan Hill...

I probably did it 35-40 times. Everytime I did it except three times we got the 12th pick and Jordan Hill. Two other times we got the 13th pick and took Jordan Hill and on the last try I got the 1st pick and Blake Griffin.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#8 » by bigkurty » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:09 am

trwi7 wrote:on the last try I got the 1st pick and Blake Griffin.

That would make up for missing out on Horford at least.
icat2000
RealGM

Post#9 » by icat2000 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:30 am

I got third pick and it was Thabeet. Have about 30 times I got the #1 with Black Griffin.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#10 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:40 am

I spun it numerous times and kept coming up with the eighth pick. Got guys like DJ Augustin, Brook and Robin Lopez, Speights, Brandon Rush, Jerryd Bayless, Ryan Anderson, etc. Adding any one of those guys would really help this team get over the hump, I hope we can land one of them with our pick.....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#11 » by JoeHova » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:28 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I spun it numerous times and kept coming up with the eighth pick. Got guys like DJ Augustin, Brook and Robin Lopez, Speights, Brandon Rush, Jerryd Bayless, Ryan Anderson, etc. Adding any one of those guys would really help this team get over the hump, I hope we can land one of them with our pick.....

What has Brandon Rush shown? Or Robin Lopez? Those guys suck just as much as Alexander at this point.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#12 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:35 am

I think Brandon Rush looked really good against the Bucks last Saturday. The global point being it really doesn't matter what number pick in the lotto we might end up with if we pick the wrong guy with it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,533

Post#13 » by Profound23 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 am

I don't really like anyone in this draft all like that. DeRozan will go higher than he should because there are so many undersized two guards in this draft.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#14 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:25 am

Okay I just tried it again and got Jordan Hill 53 out of 55 times, the only times I got someone other than Jordan was the two times I got Rubio with the second pick.

Usually when Ford has us consistently taking a certain guy it's because someone within the organization has tipped him off that we are really interested in a particular player. It's a little early for that yet though.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#15 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:26 am

Joana wrote:

Me too. 6 attempts.

Anyway, it's highly unlikely that Rubio enters the draft. There's a very good and accurate article about him and his current club in DX. Coach Claros makes a very good description of him in the video, it's worth watching: http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/

thanks for the link...

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#16 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:33 am

Our default spot must be 12 based upon league standings, so the only way that would change is if someone moved in front of us (13 or 14). Obviously, the chances of that are small - smaller than us moving up.

Additionally, he probably just makes a "big board" for all teams, and depending upon where the lottery machine assigns teams, the top player left on their board is inserted. There's no way in hell he has actually come up with 2,000+ scenarios individually.

Point being, I wouldn't read into it whatsoever, because it was likely just the way the cards fell in this computer simulation.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#17 » by DanoMac » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:59 am

For Bucks fans sake, they should make a 2nd round version of this.
boogernights
Senior
And1: 0

Post#18 » by boogernights » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:20 am

They should make the whole first round.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#19 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 am

I like this kid called....Pendergraph... :thinking: Or this red haired baller Blake Griffin I think from Oklahoma? These two I do like...and they impress me. Tough as nails.

But Pendergrah I think, from Arizona State or some crap is the guy under the radar I like. But its way too early for this foolishness... I just as soon see the Bucks trade their picks. :roll:

They don't know :noway: what to do with them in the first place except when they get to the 2nd round! :dontknow:
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#20 » by carmelbrownqueen » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:13 am

Chad Ford now has Jordan Hill and Greg Monrow going in the Top 10, and has us taking Al-Farouq Aminu out of Wake Forest

Return to Milwaukee Bucks