6%

Total votes: 52

xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Re: POTG Thread vs Clips 

Post#21 » by xTitan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:19 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
adamcz wrote:You sure Luke's 18/7/2 against the Clips was better than Mo's 37/7/6 against the Cavs? I agree that Luke had a great game, but why put it above the hundred+ games Mo played for us?

The problem we had with Mo was that he'd be so bad on defense at the PG spot. So while Mo might score 25 points on many nights, he'd allow the opposition PG to easily set up their offense to run roughshod over the Bucks.

Ridnour isn't great defensively, but he at least pesters the ball with great frequency. I also think he pushes it up the court faster and sometimes look to advance the ball up the court with passes. I like him much better than Mo at PG.

That said, I could have been ok keeping Mo over Redd to provide an offensive spark at either 6th man or SG simply based on Mo's much cheaper salary.

So who would be your starting 2 guard?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,046

Post#22 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:23 am

xTitan wrote:So who would be your starting 2 guard?

I'm not sure. Maybe LRMAM. Maybe Bell. Bring Mo off the bench. It would have been a weakness given Mo's small size for him to be starting SG.

I'm not a Mo Williams fan. Just noting that I'd rather we tried to trade Redd to the Cavs for Varajao since I think Mo is a better shooter than Redd and only costs half as much. But I would not have wanted Mo at starting PG though anymore for the Bucks.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#23 » by xTitan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:27 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
xTitan wrote:So who would be your starting 2 guard?

I'm not sure. Maybe LRMAM. Maybe Bell. Bring Mo off the bench. It would have been a weakness given Mo's small size for him to be starting SG.

I'm not a Mo Williams fan. Just noting that I'd rather we tried to trade Redd to the Cavs for Varajao since I think Mo is a better shooter than Redd and only costs half as much. But I would not have wanted Mo at starting PG though anymore for the Bucks.

I think most of this team was on the block, i just don't see value in Mo being here unless you have a 2 or 3 with legit size who can run your offense. Redd's trade value might actually increase as his contract comes closer to its end.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#24 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:28 am

Bernman wrote:Luke Ridnour was an easy pick for me.

1. Made numerous stellar passes which the average point guard couldn't make
2. Got the ball to offensive players in positions where they could do damage in the half-court
3. Started transition and outletted to the wings very early
4. Was extremely efficient from the field and free throw line
5. Contained Diddy when he was on the floor and got him in foul trouble

Better than any game Mo Williams ever played for the Bucks. Luke has been playing much better ball lately. It appears he's finally recovering from the early season back problem. Keep it up Bob's Big Boy.

I agree with every point regarding Ridnour's play.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#25 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:37 am

I was definitely impressed with Ridnours play and his ability to setup the offense and push the fast break. He shot the ball extremely efficiently tonight and got to the line quite a bit. He moved the ball and got everybody shots. He was truly a QB on the floor the tonight. I have to admit his play is picking up and he seems to have a handle on this offense and where guys like to get the ball.

He isn't a defensive stopper, but he's able to stay in front of his man, fight through screens and put pressure on the ball. Which means he's about 10 times better defensively than Mo was when he was here.

He had an amazing no look pass to Bogut as well.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#26 » by paul » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I was definitely impressed with Ridnours play and his ability to setup the offense and push the fast break. He shot the ball extremely efficiently tonight and got to the line quite a bit. He moved the ball and got everybody shots. He was truly a QB on the floor the tonight. I have to admit his play is picking up and he seems to have a handle on this offense and where guys like to get the ball.

He isn't a defensive stopper, but he's able to stay in front of his man, fight through screens and put pressure on the ball. Which means he's about 10 times better defensively than Mo was when he was here.

He had an amazing no look pass to Bogut as well.

Yep. The much talked about 'Bonour' combination is starting to really gel, these things can take a little time.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#27 » by trwi7 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:09 am

paul wrote:'Bonour'

We all know who came up with this awesome name. :nod:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#28 » by paul » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:14 am

trwi7 wrote:
paul wrote:'Bonour'

We all know who came up with this awesome name. :nod:

I didn't even need to reference you twirly, everyone knows there's only one poster capable of such rapier wit with sexual overtones....
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#29 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:22 am

Ridnour was brilliant all night. Luc helping out on the interior D was impressive, too, but Lucky Luke was in the HUman Highlight Film zone.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#30 » by icat2000 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:44 am

Ridnour.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by power4wardjinx » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:48 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

I think we did try to trade Redd for Varejao and Varejao said no. Ferry had screwed up his contract situation so bad that he was a match player and could refuse. So he did. As of Dec. 5 he can no longer refuse. Not only that, the guy's a free agent after this season and Cleveland's STILL trying to move him.

Ridnour looked like his old self tonight. He hasn't played like this since Seattle traded Ray. Mo can do most of what Luke did tonight too but nobody wanted to run with him last season. Did anyone else notice how redd wasn't gettting his a#@ up and down the floor - it was everybody else: Luc, RJ, Bogut, LRMAM ... but not Redd.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#32 » by trwi7 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:55 am

Actually, I'm going to change my vote from LRMAM to the guy who almost Homer Simpsoned himself on the rim during that dunk and the other guy who came up about seven feet short of the rim in those two other dunks.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#33 » by stellation » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:59 am

Ridnour, then RJ, then LRMAM. Ridnour was phenomenal tonight going up against a very, very good PG.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by Fight the Tank » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Herb Kohl for firing Larry Harris.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#35 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Bernman wrote:Luke Ridnour was an easy pick for me.

1. Made numerous stellar passes which the average point guard couldn't make
2. Got the ball to offensive players in positions where they could do damage in the half-court
3. Started transition and outletted to the wings very early
4. Was extremely efficient from the field and free throw line
5. Contained Diddy when he was on the floor and got him in foul trouble

Better than any game Mo Williams ever played for the Bucks. Luke has been playing much better ball lately. It appears he's finally recovering from the early season back problem. Keep it up Bob's Big Boy.

+1

Absolutely Ridnour for me.

Mbah A Moute a not so distant second, however.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#36 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:40 pm

xTitan wrote:
adamcz wrote:
Bernman wrote:Better than any game Mo Williams ever played for the Bucks.

You sure Luke's 18/7/2 against the Clips was better than Mo's 37/7/6 against the Cavs? I agree that Luke had a great game, but why put it above the hundred+ games Mo played for us?

Can you remember how many games the Bucks played this unelfishly with the Redd/Williams backcourt? I can't think of one that clicked this well, I realize you are into the individual numbers Mo put up, but this was a total team effort.

Well, Ridnour does look somewhat elf-like ;)
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks