unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Re: Postgame thread Clippers @ Bucks 

Post#45 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:06 pm

I don't know a Redd Defence
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#46 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:15 pm

bawkbagawk wrote:Good to see the defense so improved. I think that Skiles has had a huge impact on the whole team. Interesting thought, would LRMAM be playing so well somewhere else with different coach. Take out the factor he may not get so many minutes elsewhere, I feel that he has the perfect coach as a rookie for his game, someone who can see his strengths and really rates them and can get useful performances and really speed up development. I really appreciate both these guys. And I love what LRMAM has brought to the table, and we know he will just keep bringing it, don't we?!

Under some of our prior coaches, M & M would have been told to focus on his offensive skills rather than play the role he is right now.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,279

Post#47 » by rilamann » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Last year we might have lost to the Clippers and if we won wouldnt have beaten them by more than 5 or 6 points.

I dont care who you play,amytime you go on the road and beat an NBA team by 24 pts then fly home and beat another NBA team by 34 pts thats pretty impressive.

When was the last time the Bucks had back to back huge blowout wins?
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
GuitarGod_Dan
Freshman
And1: 81

Post#48 » by GuitarGod_Dan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Yeah its definitely refreshing to be on this side of a blowout. I know if this team can play like this relatively consistantly throughout the second half of the season, I can see us getting a number 6 or 5 playoff spot. I've seen a lot of people say "tank" the season and get another high draft pick, but this team needs experience more than another rookie project. I think we have the right players and coach, we just need time/experience to gel. What is this the 3rd or 4th year in a row that we've had half the roster change? This year we got a GM and head coach change as well. Lets just be patient and watch this team grow, I think its the best team we've had since '01 for sure.
http://www.lostinaname.com <--- my band. If you like progressive/pop-metal.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#49 » by cedric76 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:29 pm

cedric76 wrote:HOW IS REDD's DEFENCE?
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#50 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:30 pm

Sigra wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:What I'd like to know is the average defensive ranking of the teams we've beaten this year versus the average defensive ranking of the teams we've lost to. It seems like if we a play a team that plays laid back defense, we can look really good like tonight.

I know it's obvious that good defense wins, but our team seems to have a much greater positive and negative variance in performance based on that. Maybe the stats would prove that observation completely incorrect though.

Can you be happy for your team? I know. We are not championship contender. But can you be happy with direction? This is clearly playoff team if healthy. Isn't that enough for first season of new GM and coach? Relax and be happy.
We have to find a way to enjoy the team we have. When they play well.. this board should reward that by talking about them the way they talk about each and every loss. This is a team that played back to back games where we beat our opponents by 24 and 34 respectively, and it doesn't matter that neither team is a championship contender. In years past we would not have won either of these games so convincingly when defending, rebounding and sharing the ball.

Let's appreciate the team we have that has been playing well and putting themselves in a position to win night in and night out all season long.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#51 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:35 pm

BDUB_30 wrote:great game ...

i dont care who the clippers played , when they played , how they played . We dont use excuses for our team .. the fact our team has had the worse schedule in the leauge and the critics fail to acknolwedge that variable , basicaly means you can not use that same kind of variable against the team .

Bucks beat the **** out of the clippers one night after they beat the **** out of the knicks .. I dont JUST look at wins / losses .. Im looking for growth , and we have without a doubt seen some offensive growth , and i think our confidence as a team is on the rise .. If we can just continue to build confidence / continuity ...them i will expect this team to start playing great basketball against great opponets and start beating them .

I personaly feel its been hard for this team to build the kind of confidence it takes to beat great teams due to schedule and injury ( i guess that makes me a homer ) ...All you can ask of these guys is to come out and give the effort , and play together .. They consitantly do that , this is a great team in that regard . I want to see this team get a little cocky offensivly , i thought they were playing to tight offensivly for months and now you can see that confidence building .

It needs to be said , that mredd is doing a pretty damn good job of playing within himself , commiting to the pass . Its fun to watch .. I dont mind him so much when hes just 1of 5 out there , taking shots as they come ...

I was thinking tonight while watching the game .. in regards to Alexander . Alot of people think he should go down to SL ...i disagree , heres why .. Imagine the " education " he gets day in and day out in practice ... :lol: ...Who would you rather your lottery pick learn from ? Dleauge bums ? Or moute / jefferson .. Maybe the real problem is , alexander cant build confidece cause hes getting his ass whooped by moute in practice ! :lol: But seriously , imagine all the things alexander is learning just from being around these two guys .. I dont mind bringing him on slowly because the bottom line for me is , we got some depth in that regard .

I have to agree with the points you made regarding this teams growth.. we still have some things to learn but I see a lot of good stuff from us out there. We are playing together, working hard and it shows. I see a bunch of guys also that are learning to trust each other, and no one guy who believes he has to "carry" this team on their backs just to get a win and that's a beautiful thing!

GuitarGod_Dan
Freshman
And1: 81

Post#52 » by GuitarGod_Dan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Seriously. Lets enjoy the fact that this team is far more fun to watch then any team we've had in nearly a decade. I get so sick of seeing all the "trade this guy" posts after every loss. Why can't people just accept that this is a brand new team again with a grossly deferent roster than last years, and needs time to gel. It looks like we're starting to gel already, but don't get all up in arms when we loose again, because I'm sure we're going to loose a few winnable games yet, but we're definitely getting better. I get frusturated too when we loose games like we did against Philly, but trading players would only make the success of this team take longer IMO. We have the players we need now, we just need time/experience together.
http://www.lostinaname.com <--- my band. If you like progressive/pop-metal.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,945

Post#53 » by Jez2983 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:58 pm

cedric76 wrote:HOW IS REDD DEFENCE?

Loud Noises?

Good to see us on the good side of the ledger. Would have actually got to watch this game as for once I wasn't working, but then had an Xmas lunch. :-?

Oh well, drinking and eating all day isn't that bad... :D
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#54 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:49 am

Sigra wrote:
msiris wrote:
Sigra wrote:What happened to sigra? The answer is very simple: fiancee :-/
Congrats Sigra. :D

Thank you. I guess :)

You'll be back after you get married. :wink:
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#55 » by wichmae » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 am

cedric76 wrote:
cedric76 wrote:HOW IS REDD's DEFENCE?

Surprisingly strong recently. Its refreshing to see him buying into Skiles and our coaches system...
bogutsdad
Senior
And1: 0

Post#56 » by bogutsdad » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:22 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
Sigra wrote:
msiris wrote:What happened to sigra? The answer is very simple: fiancee :-/Congrats Sigra. :D

Thank you. I guess :)

You'll be back after you get married. :wink:

:lol: So true
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,719

Post#57 » by AussieBuck » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:53 am

Some earlier than others........ :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
bigricho12
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#58 » by bigricho12 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:41 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Some earlier than others........ :lol:

He wants to be on here now but it takes time to sneak the bad habits back into the routine :lol:

In 12mths he will be posting twice as much as he did previously.

Wifey: "When are you coming to bed honey?"

Sigra: "Soon."

Soon = in about 4 hours :D
[quote:e5e7b9ff74="willeatfire4playoffsinmil"]-= original quote snipped =-

emunney was close. General Board, thread "Did the NBA fumble the Ball Tonight?"

Also in that thread, someone thinks Australia is a country.[/quote]
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#59 » by smooth 'lil balla » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:43 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Bucks are back up to 8th in defensive efficiency, and have skyrockted to 21st in offensive efficiency.

What? Only 8th and 21st? W/out Redd we'd be at least 4th and 15th.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks