ImageImage

Bogut's Blog: a possible "present" coming for Bucks fans

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: Bogut's Blog: a possible "present" coming for Bucks fans 

Post#201 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:01 am

emunney wrote:CBQ clearly knows something going on, but won't tell us directly that she knows due to the inevitable backlash.

If it's anything other than a Damon Jones trade, it's bad form on Bogut's part to call it a gift. Damon Jones is not a part of this team regardless of how on the payroll he may be, so any type of transaction where we're losing him and getting someone else who'll actually be on the team could be inoffensively described as a gift.

And if it's anything other than a trade, what would be the hold-up? There has to be some sort of negotiation between multiple problems taking place or he wouldn't have to qualify it with "might."

My first thought was Ersan, but as has been noted I don't see how we'd pay him without hitting the luxury tax, if even that would be allowed given that we've already used the MLE on the tri-headed benchmonster.
WHY IS EVERYONE MORALIZING THIS?????

You will never get the true answer if you are seting yourselves up for something you would think you would say if you wrote this in Bogut's shoes!

I have read almost 25 replies from many of you trying to rationalize and critique what his surprise can be based upon how it would seem or sound for him to say that about a teamate.

All of you paraphase it by saying, "well it is not a trade or free agent acquistion because it would in poor taste of bogus for Bogut to say that if he is losing a teamate...."

Emuney you yourself said, "it's bad form for Bogut to talk about this being a gift" if it is a Damon Jones trade or if a teamate gets trade....NO IT IS NOT. AND SO WHAT IF IT IS! If it was my blog I would say it!

That is ludricrisp as Mike Tyson would say.

It's Bogut's blog! MAYBE he does not care about that!? Maybe it is a trade or player move. So what if it does not seem like the politcally correct thing for him to be sharing. You read his personal blog he can express what he wants.

Maybe Bogut does not have a clue if a trade is going down beforehand or not. Or maybe he does!? Maybe he does know of a signing or move the team might make, and perhaps they might even asked him about it before they make personel moves, he being one of the building blocks of this team?

But for the record, put me down for a special ticket deal or some sort and promotional scam...But if it is a trade or move of some sort, and he knew in advance it is not in poor taste for him to say it is a 'surprise' or a 'gift' even if an outgoing player leaves.
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#202 » by tasball » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 am

Hey MBBOWT - he's already responded on his blog site by saying it doesn't involve trading current players (and that he would never do that to a teammate).
braindazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#203 » by braindazer » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Coulter= GET YOUR FREAK ON!!!
it's always funny............... TILL I GET HURT!!!!
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#204 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:27 pm

I have confirmed through my inside sources that Bogut's gift was giving us something to talk about. Just as he predicted, it is all over the message boards. I hope you guys have enjoyed this thread; Merry Christmas from Andrew Bogut.
fantom
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#205 » by fantom » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:39 pm

BANGO ----------------------> Starting Jan 2. All $37 upper-level seats are available for just $11.

In addition to the tickets, all fans that take advantage of the offer will receive a limited edition See Joe Dunk campaign poster.
can someone startup SeeJoePlay.com
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,382

Post#206 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:00 pm

There are all kinds of ticket deals out there. Through my company I can get $15 lowers and $5 uppers for both the Dallas and Miami games in January. The Bucks are offering deals like this to virtually every company.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#207 » by Dags » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:22 pm

I think giving away $5 uppers are about the only way of getting crowds to the Bucks games.
Das ist nümberwang!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,038

Post#208 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 pm

adamcz wrote:I have confirmed through my inside sources that Bogut's gift was giving us something to talk about. Just as he predicted, it is all over the message boards. I hope you guys have enjoyed this thread; Merry Christmas from Andrew Bogut.

Ha ha. That's been pretty much it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
msquared4873
Sophomore

Post#209 » by msquared4873 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:09 pm

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#210 » by jerrod » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Dags wrote:I think giving away $5 uppers are about the only way of getting crowds to the Bucks games.

you gotta be careful mixing too many uppers with beer though, can leave you pretty messed up :D
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#211 » by tasball » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Looks like it's Damon Jones - now on the team.......
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#212 » by emunney » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:01 pm

MBBOT wrote:Emuney you yourself said, "it's bad form for Bogut to talk about this being a gift" if it is a Damon Jones trade or if a teamate gets trade....NO IT IS NOT. AND SO WHAT IF IT IS! If it was my blog I would say it!

That's not what I said. I said bad form if it's anything other than a Damon Jones trade. Maybe that's what you meant to say. At any rate, I stand by it.

Nobody would care if you said it on your blog, because nobody would read it, and because you're not on the team. You can afford to have the "so what if it is [bad form]" attitude. But Bogut's life becomes more difficult if he takes the same tack.

We agree on one thing -- you put Damon Jones and a teammate in separate categories.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks