CV,Lue may be traded for Landry and Filler

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: CV,Lue may be traded for Landry and Filler 

Post#61 » by Nebula1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:20 am

trwi7 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:He'd probably start shooting as well as Steve Blake.

Nah worse. He's shooting about as well as Blake did for us than he is for the Rockets right now.

Is he? I didn't even look. Solid picture for him on NBA.com. I really want Head now.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brent_barry/
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#62 » by mcfromage » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:21 am

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/11180142

Landry ranked the #4 most underrated player in the league.

I like this deal if it goes down and I'm fine with Brent or Luther. LRMAM for 6th man of the year.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#63 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:21 am

I like Luther Head. I'd rather it's him than Barry.

On talent alone I'm not sure what to think of this deal. Despite moving one young PF for another young PF, the differences couldn't be bigger.

One is a tall and athletic with a wide range of offensive skills and capable of carrying a team when he's on. He's also very inconsistent. However, CV is one of the few guys that has been in the league as long as he has that you could still say has considerable upside. If the light ever goes on he could be a serious weapon.

Landry is a short, below the rim PF with limited upside. But he's very efficient, consistent and hard working on both ends. He's also very underpaid.

The contract is what sells me. CV would have been gone next season, either via trade or RFA. Even after he had a string of nice games in the last month he still found himself buried on the bench in recent games. Good move to get another young big man, but one locked into a very team-friendly deal.

Here's a nice blog posting regarding his contract and play.

I don't think this would be a great deal; I don't think it would be a bad one. Sort of one of those deals I don't think has a huge impact unless one of the two players suddenly becomes a top option as a starter.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#64 » by emunney » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:21 am

I'd rather have the better player in Landry and pay him half as much as Collison. As fam mentioned, the concern is his knee.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#65 » by fam3381 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:23 am

emunney wrote:I'd rather have the better player in Landry and pay him half as much as Collison. As fam mentioned, the concern is his knee.

If Collison had Landry's contract I'd be very interested. But Collison's deal (three years, 19.5 mil) complicates the task of re-signing Sessions next summer.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#66 » by Baller 24 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:24 am

Wait, Rockets fan here, how accurate is this ?
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#67 » by Garbs_7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:24 am

So apparently his jump shot is pretty smooth and he just dunks everything around the rim? So basically he is the anti-Bogut : )

I guess it will be good to have a big who is vastly different to Bogut, i like it.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#68 » by cam2win » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:25 am

Baller 24 wrote:Wait, Rockets fan here, how accurate is this ?

Reliable sources for sure. Consider it 99% or more accurate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#69 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:25 am

Here's the thread link to Clutch City now talking about it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.ph ... ge=1&pp=20

Some of their fans aren't real happy.....

.....Villanueva is a lower percentage shooter for a PF and a very poor defender. Carl Landy is the better player by far. This rumor'd better not be true. Or I would be really pissed......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#70 » by RamonSessions » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:26 am

Wow, this is an amazing deal by Hammond-- for the Bucks team personnel as well as the team financially
when CV gets his contract, continues to show up or inevitably slow up. We've won out in the latter terms and Landry is going to fit in wonderfully with us for years to come.

Only worried about what will happen with Damon Jones this year, hopefully we unload him for good return as well :wink: .
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#71 » by Nebula1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:27 am

Anyone here really believe Landry is the solution at PF though? I like him alot, but he's not a starter in the League. I'm glad he's coming and I hope Houston likes Villanueva, even though it's likely they'll hate this deal. Still more work to be done, but progress is being made. I wonder when we'll see the new guys... Houston game?
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#72 » by wichmae » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:29 am

Baller 24 wrote:Wait, Rockets fan here, how accurate is this ?

to get to this point it would have to be very.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#73 » by RamonSessions » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:29 am

[quote="Nebula1"]Anyone here really believe Landry is the solution at PF though? I like him alot, but he's not a starter in the League. I'm glad he's coming and I hope Houston likes Villanueva, even though it's likely they'll hate this deal. Still more work to be done, but progress is being made. I wonder when we'll see the new guys... Houston game?[/quote]

Thought of this, will make for an entertaining game.......
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#74 » by Baller 24 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:29 am

Ugh, guys can you give me some insight on Charlie?

Landry is a steal, he is a solid player, can be inconsistent, but he brings it night in and night out. He loves jamming it in down, check some youtube videos, he is a an alright defender, but his jump shot this season is silky smooth.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#75 » by Bernman » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:30 am

DrugBust wrote:I like Luther Head. I'd rather it's him than Barry.

On talent alone I'm not sure what to think of this deal. Despite moving one young PF for another young PF, the differences couldn't be bigger.

One is a tall and athletic with a wide range of offensive skills and capable of carrying a team when he's on. He's also very inconsistent. However, CV is one of the few guys that has been in the league as long as he has that you could still say has considerable upside. If the light ever goes on he could be a serious weapon.

Landry is a short, below the rim PF with limited upside. But he's very efficient, consistent and hard working on both ends. He's also very underpaid.

The contract is what sells me. CV would have been gone next season, either via trade or RFA. Even after he had a string of nice games in the last month he still found himself buried on the bench in recent games. Good move to get another young big man, but one locked into a very team-friendly deal.

I don't think this would be a great deal; I don't think it would be a bad one. Sort of one of those deals I don't think has a huge impact unless one of the two players suddenly becomes a top option as a starter.

He'd only have 2/3 of the year for the light to come on and then we'd have a tough decision whether or not to re-sign him because it could have just been motivation for the contract year. I don't think the light will ever be on for good. And I don't think it's a character issue but rather he's a little depressed and he just has those days occasionally where it creeps in.

I really can't believe anybody doesn't like this deal. Look at how livid Rockets' fans are. Call him their best power forward on an outstanding team. And he definitely doesn't play below the rim. He's probably up there among NBA players in dunks per minute.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,743

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:31 am

He's not a starter because he hasn't been given the opportunity. Regardless of actual on-court performance I'm fine with this deal for the contract alone. Landry is a young, capable frontcourt player locked into a very team friendly deal. That alone is enough to persuade me that this was a win for the Bucks. But who knows? Maybe Landry, if given 30 mpg, could average an efficient 14/8?

I'm sure we'll find out.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#77 » by BDUB_30 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:31 am

DrugBust wrote:I like Luther Head. I'd rather it's him than Barry.

nice post db .. thanks for the link .

you dont think this trade could have a dramatic effect on our defense , rebounding ?

im not trying to blow this deal out of proportion , but if were getting a banger / hustler that plays within his capabilities ...i think that makes us simply alot better on the defensive end .

cv has stepped up nicely for us ...but i think this trade makes us dramaticaly better defensivly and on the glass ..and i think its going to put a signifgant burden offensivly on our 2nd unit ..cv is a burst scorer ..he can put up 8 points in a blink of an eye .. that kind of production is hard to replace ..but i think were capable ...

i just think that this trade does have some signifigance for us . i think we get alot better defensivly , and on the boards and i think our bench scoring is a concern now .
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#78 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 am

Nebula1 wrote:Anyone here really believe Landry is the solution at PF though?

I think he's the solution to making the playoffs this year. You could see that for every CV game where he was outstanding, he'd have two where Skiles would be wanting to hammer him for being out of position on defense or tossing up those three point shots. As we've learned, Skiles will take reliability over "talent".

We still though need to get a top tier "talent" on this team somehow. But this move I think does make the team a bit better the next 2-3 years. You should like this Nebs, since Carl Landry is the "Shane Battier" of power forwards.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#79 » by RayRayJones » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 am

Many on this board despise CV because he "whines" about his playing time.

He's a guy that's very good. He's very much similar to Dirk, with less overall talent and/or motivation. He's a guy who can light it up from 3 if he's going and hit deep 2s to spread the floor well. He can also get down and bang depending on who the opponent is down low. Not very effective against the bigger PFs in the league, although I'm sure you guys usually have Yao on them either way.

I still stand by the fact you guys are getting the better of this deal. Houston seems like they're lacking a guy who can spread the floor because teams just focus on T-Mac and Yao.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#80 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:32 am

Baller 24 wrote:Ugh, guys can you give me some insight on Charlie?

Very good rebounder but very inconsistent on offense. Tends to wander out to the perimeter too much, but is good inside and in the midrange game. Much better defender under Skiles, but still average to below average.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks