ImageImage

Bucks/Rockets - 12/31/08

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,725

Re: Bucks/Rockets - 12/31/08 

Post#181 » by Serge28 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:24 am

What was the point of driving to the hoop was? To pad your stats? ONLY chance was a 3, a steal, and another 3.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#182 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:24 am

why shoot a 2?
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#183 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:25 am

Ah well, had a good win last night and battled hard tonight. Proud of the Bucks, if they put it together, they can beat a lot of teams
Serge28
RealGM

Post#184 » by Serge28 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:26 am

Great effort after last night's game, but came up just short. Still proud of them Bucks.
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#185 » by pasting_monkeys » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:26 am

Good game from the Bucks, shame we couldn't get the W.

It was a tough back to back and we came away 1-1 so I'm happy. I would've been surprised if we won this game with Rids, Mike and Bogut playing huge minutes in SA.
TotalPackage
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#186 » by TotalPackage » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:27 am

LOL Michael Redd.... typical.
After 2 years of trying to register for this website.... I can finally get on!!!
Serge28
RealGM

Post#187 » by Serge28 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:28 am

Ridnour balling tonight - 11/7/11/1/1 and no turnovers 34 minutes.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#188 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:32 am

uhhh bad end to the game. They switched the broadcast to Miley Cyrus singing live. That was f#@*ing painful.
Serge28
RealGM

Post#189 » by Serge28 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:35 am

TotalPackage wrote:LOL Michael Redd.... typical.

As much as I love to hate on Redd, he was actually pretty decent in the 4th tonight. Did you register just to tell us that?
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#190 » by pasting_monkeys » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:36 am

Serge28 wrote:Ridnour balling tonight - 11/7/11/1/1 and no turnovers 34 minutes.

Ridnour has been the Bucks MVP lately, he's been just awesome at running the offense. Ridnour's stats have been very impressive, and he's intangible's have been great too.
TotalPackage
Sophomore

Post#191 » by TotalPackage » Thu Jan 1, 2009 2:47 am

Serge28 wrote:
TotalPackage wrote:LOL Michael Redd.... typical.

As much as I love to hate on Redd, he was actually pretty decent in the 4th tonight. Did you register just to tell us that?

Actually champ I've been a reader on here for the last few years... and been trying to register but for some reason the admins could never get my account working. Finally was able to register tonight.... but I feel like I know most of the people in here already because I visit for a few hours every day for the last few years.

I haven't missed a Bucks game through league pass all season. My comment on Redd was more about his padding out his stats with the 2 at the end.... it was a stupid play when only a 3 could have given the slimmest of hope. The way he attacked that rim on that last play to get that 2 points you can see he is all about averages.

As for tonight yeah Redd played ok in the 4th...... for once. I'd prefer that he didn't take off balance shots and try to make something that isn't there... more often that not as we have seen this year it doesn't work.... it worked tonight to an extent but we still lost. He is still unclutch when it counts. 1 ok shooting performance in 1 last quarter isn't going to cut it.
After 2 years of trying to register for this website.... I can finally get on!!!
REDD-hot22
Sophomore

Post#192 » by REDD-hot22 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 4:08 am

Hey guys, I missed my first Bucks game of the season due to a blackout on New Years Eve that lasted for 4 hours!!! It was torture knowing the Bucks were playing and I was just chylling in the dark. How'd everything go??? please fill me in, thanks!
Redd, get a top-notch surgeon with all the money you have and come back at the START of next season, no later! I have a feeling you will make a HUGE comeback and play better than you ever have in your career. People are doubting you, make it happen mike.
TotalPackage
Sophomore

Post#193 » by TotalPackage » Thu Jan 1, 2009 5:04 am

REDD-hot22 wrote:Hey guys, I missed my first Bucks game of the season due to a blackout on New Years Eve that lasted for 4 hours!!! It was torture knowing the Bucks were playing and I was just chylling in the dark. How'd everything go??? please fill me in, thanks!

Bogut was aggressive early and got Yao into foul trouble... then inexplicably once Yao went out they stopped going to Bogut as per usual and resorted to jump shots.

Rockets went out to a double digit lead and we were in trouble.

Bell came in and played very well... good defence and good shooting.

CV couldn't hit a barn door.... absolutely pathetic effort. Was missing layup after layup.... then resorting to taking quick jump shots in the offense. He couldn't have been more crap if he tried.

Ridnour was awesome... his shooting and distribution is money. Whenever I see RIdnour line up for a jump shot I now expect him to make it.

Jefferson... had a quiet one I thought.

We made a run back at Rockets after half time.... Yao came in and we didn't provide enough help for Bogut against Yao. Leaving him 1 on 1 is just asking for trouble... having said that I thought Bogut played well and just missed another double double.

Redd in the last quarter.... well he hit 1 of his 2 three pointers as well as hitting another jumpshot for 2. The 3 was clutch and brought us within 2 points.

We then took a timeout with 6 seconds left and 6 points down... needing a quick 3 and a foul and hope for 2 missed free throws..... instead Redd took the ball and waltzed in for a layup leaving only 2 seconds on the clock. The game might have been over but nothing was stopping Redd getting the cheap 2 points at the end. You might see it as Redd bashing... but I see it as an indication of his mindset. Any other player would have jacked up a 3 and hoped for a miracle... or in disappointment at not being able to win the game you just hold the ball and wait for time to expire. I refuse to believe with 6 seconds left on the clock Stiles drew up a play to have Redd layup a 2 and make it a 4 point game.
REDD-hot22
Sophomore

Post#194 » by REDD-hot22 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 5:10 am

TotalPackage wrote:
REDD-hot22 wrote:Hey guys, I missed my first Bucks game of the season due to a blackout on New Years Eve that lasted for 4 hours!!! It was torture knowing the Bucks were playing and I was just chylling in the dark. How'd everything go??? please fill me in, thanks!

Bogut was aggressive early and got Yao into foul trouble... then inexplicably once Yao went out they stopped going to Bogut as per usual and resorted to jump shots.

CV couldn't hit a barn door.... absolutely pathetic effort. Was missing layup after layup.... then resorting to taking quick jump shots in the offense. He couldn't have been more crap if he tried.

Ridnour was awesome... his shooting and distribution is money. Whenever I see RIdnour line up for a jump shot I now expect him to make it.

We made a run back at Rockets after half time.... Yao came in and we didn't provide enough help for Bogut against Yao. Leaving him 1 on 1 is just asking for trouble... having said that I thought Bogut played well and just missed another double double.

Redd in the last quarter.... well he hit 1 of his 2 three pointers as well as hitting another jumpshot for 2. The 3 was clutch and brought us within 2 points.

We then took a timeout with 6 seconds left and 6 points down... needing a quick 3 and a foul and hope for 2 missed free throws..... instead Redd took the ball and waltzed in for a layup leaving only 2 seconds on the clock. The game might have been over but nothing was stopping Redd getting the cheap 2 points at the end. You might see it as Redd bashing... but I see it as an indication of his mindset. Any other player would have jacked up a 3 and hoped for a miracle... or in disappointment at not being able to win the game you just hold the ball and wait for time to expire. I refuse to believe with 6 seconds left on the clock Stiles drew up a play to have Redd layup a 2 and make it a 4 point game.

Sounds like an exciting game. Thanks. I really wanted the Bucks to pull off a 2-0 west coast trip but this loss definitely cant HURT the Bucks confidence in anyway, it might even help their confidence. Was Redd's ankle bothering him bcuz in the box score it says he played 31 minutes. Did he get Skiles pissed by not playing good D?? just wondering
Redd, get a top-notch surgeon with all the money you have and come back at the START of next season, no later! I have a feeling you will make a HUGE comeback and play better than you ever have in your career. People are doubting you, make it happen mike.
TotalPackage
Sophomore

Post#195 » by TotalPackage » Thu Jan 1, 2009 5:19 am

REDD-hot22 wrote:Sounds like an exciting game. Thanks. I really wanted the Bucks to pull off a 2-0 west coast trip but this loss definitely cant HURT the Bucks confidence in anyway, it might even help their confidence. Was Redd's ankle bothering him bcuz in the box score it says he played 31 minutes. Did he get Skiles pissed by not playing good D?? just wondering

Yeah it was one of those games where we stuck it out... yet I never really felt like we would win.. even when we got it to within 2 at the end.

Actually I'd forgotten Redd went over on his ankle last night.... it didn't appear to bother him at all. I don't think Skiles could be pissed at the D..... I thought we actually played excellent Defense if anything... it was what kept us in it. Shooting was off though. CV the main culprit... he really hurt us today in a big way.
Oct 16th 1968
Junior

Post#196 » by Oct 16th 1968 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 5:45 am

Just finished watching the recorded game.. good game. oh well. win the next two bobcats.. there's always next year. ha. 15 mins
STD
Ballboy

Post#197 » by STD » Thu Jan 1, 2009 6:43 am

Did Ridnour block Yao?
Not bad
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#198 » by lawrybeard » Thu Jan 1, 2009 7:12 am

STD wrote:Did Ridnour block Yao?
Not bad

He blocked Duncan the night before too.
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#199 » by BDUB_30 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 7:21 am

TotalPackage wrote:

Nice little recap there , and welcome to the forum ..

the comments on redd at the end are simply the truth ..actions like that give a little insight into the mentality . Gotta FILL THAT STAT SHEET UP ! ... But in all fairness to redd , hes making some terrific passes this year , and making the easy plays more often then he has ever so im not gonna bitch to much on that front . IMO he could still be a bit more conservative with the shot selection but ill take improvement where i can get especialy with a hard headed carrer chucker like him .
BDUB_30
Banned User

Post#200 » by BDUB_30 » Thu Jan 1, 2009 7:29 am

and damn Ridnour is playing out of his mind now . Hes becoming one of my favorite bucks ( who really gives a **** though eh ) ...its nice to see him fill up the stat sheet a bit more , he seems to care nothing of the box score and just plays the game the same way everynight .. i dont notice him doing anything diffrent but he gets a bit more lift on his jumper then he did early on . Injuries , as we all know , were a problem for Luke to open the season .

What im really liking about ridnour , is he seems to be a bit underated defensivly , or hes improving .. or both . Hes not the greatest at keeping his man in front of him , but he never gives up on a play.. and that attitude alone occasionaly pays off for ridnour , he also gets to loose balls well , and hes a scrappy little basterd in regards to not having much fear to go at anyone . I really like what im seeing from luke defensivly ...Andre Miller ate him up bad last week but outside of that i wouldnt call luke a liability defensivly .

Thus far , without a doubt we completly upgraded the pg spot on this team and the trade is looking nice . Im not expecting ridnour to keep up this pace with his stroke , even when his shot comes back down to earth im loving this trade .

Return to Milwaukee Bucks