Rosen Mid-Season Grade For Bucks: A

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Octopus Jonny
Senior
And1: 82

Rosen Mid-Season Grade For Bucks: A 

Post#1 » by Octopus Jonny » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:49 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9098 ... Conference

Charley Rosen is sort of hit or miss with me, but I think I'm able to agree here.

MILWAUKEE has responded to Scott Skiles' demand for perfection. R-Jeff has provided a defensive presence to augment Michael Redd's dynamic offense. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute plays better defense than rookies are supposed to play. Charlie V can flat-out score. Luke Ridnour runs the show with a cool hand. And Andrew Bogut doesn't often embarrass himself. Grade: A

20-23 on January 19 is pretty damn impressive for a team that isn't much different than the one that won only 26 games last year. THey're on pace for a 6-8 seed and If they end up higher than the 6 spot, Skiles will get a lot of Coach of the Year talk. This team is vastly improved.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Rosen Mid-Season Grade For Bucks: A 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Rosen wrote: R-Jeff has provided a defensive presence to augment Michael Redd's dynamic offense.

:rofl:

Octopus Jonny wrote:20-23 on January 19 is pretty damn impressive for a team that isn't much different than the one that won only 26 games last year.

Are you serious? The only players that are the same are Redd, Bogut, Bell, Villanueva and Gadzuric. I suppose you could add Sessions to the list as well.

As for as 20-23 being pretty impressive, if we lose to the Blazers tonight, this team will be two games ahead of where they were last year at this time.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#3 » by jerrod » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:03 pm

i get annoyed with people who start sentences with "and".

his cool hand luke joke is pretty forced too

also, what twirl said is true
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#4 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:15 pm

We're 20-24 after tonight. The D is no question improved, but the offense has not.

This is still a playoffs or bust roster. If they miss the playoffs, even if they have 38 wins, there is no way it's a A grade. That is why I hate this roster though, there is just no bust out potential in it.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#5 » by REDDzone » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:20 pm

The crazy thing is that the offense actually has improved (at least relative to the rest of the league). The offense went from 21st last year to 18th in terms of efficiency differential. The defense went from dead last (30) to 11th.

Probably just shows how horrible LK was.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#6 » by europa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

REDDzone wrote:The crazy thing is that the offense actually has improved (at least relative to the rest of the league). The offense went from 21st last year to 18th in terms of efficiency differential. The defense went from dead last (30) to 11th.

That and I think it's a reflection of the job Hammond and Skiles have done in terms of bringing in the right type of players and putting them into the proper system. There were a lot of concerns that significant defensive improvement might come at the expense of offensive improvement. That hasn't been the case. The defense is significantly better (with a healthy Bogut) and meanwhile, the offense is at least on par with last season if not slightly better statistically.
Nothing will not break me.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#7 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm

If you consider that the team was tanking most of last year, I don't know if you can say the offense has really improved. Up until the last two weeks, the offense was bottom 5 in the league.
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#8 » by icat2000 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm

jerrod wrote:i get annoyed with people who start sentences with "and".

It least Rosen uses a capital letter to start the sentence. :lol:
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#9 » by steger_3434 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm

REDDzone wrote:The crazy thing is that the offense actually has improved (at least relative to the rest of the league). The offense went from 21st last year to 18th in terms of efficiency differential. The defense went from dead last (30) to 11th.

Is there a way to see where we ranked after 43 games last year? After January this team just quit and the tanking began. Obviously both rankings fell after that happened. I'd be interested in seeing if through 43 games if the ratings were similar. I remember us playing ok defense and better offense at least through the first half of the year last year.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
europa
RealGM

Post#10 » by europa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Up until the last two weeks, the offense was bottom 5 in the league.

So in other words, it's trending upward.

Nice.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#11 » by steger_3434 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 pm

europa wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Up until the last two weeks, the offense was bottom 5 in the league.

Nice.

I like the half full approach. In the meantime, where's the defense been trending?
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
europa
RealGM

Post#12 » by europa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:30 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
europa wrote:

Nice.

I like the half full approach. In the meantime, where's the defense been trending?

Without Bogut, there is no defense. That's why I'm leaning toward a Villanueva for Collison trade. That will maintain at least one respectable frontcourt defender available. If Bogut can return and not be bothered by the back injury, you've made a good defense even better - and good defense is what wins games, especially in the playoffs.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#13 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 pm

W/L is all that matters when the grade comes out at the end of the season. I'd say playoffs is an A grade, anything less would be a D or so, because missing the playoffs barely is the worst possible spot you can be in as an organization, especially with a maxed out roster financially and a roster with no superstars.

All grades should be given with the future of the team in mind.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#14 » by jerrod » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:11 pm

icat2000 wrote:
jerrod wrote:i get annoyed with people who start sentences with "and".

It least Rosen uses a capital letter to start the sentence. :lol:

that wasn't a sentence, it was a free form thought expressed in a casual internet manner

shut up :D
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#15 » by pasting_monkeys » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:41 pm

This guy Rosen really doesn't have much of a clue does he.

Check out his assessment of NY.

NEW YORK is inconsistent, but exciting. And that's enough to (almost) relegate the Zeke era to the ashcan of history. Chris Duhon is more productive in a team-concept than Twinkle-Twinkle-Little-Starbury ever was. David Lee has (almost) become an offensive force. Winston Chambers is a burgeoning star. Al Harrington's erratic shooting keeps both teams in the game. And the unheralded return of Jared Jeffries has given the Knicks a legitimate (and versatile) defender. A great job thus far by the much-maligned (especially by me!) Mike D'Antoni. Grade: B-plus

Winston Chambers!?? :lol:

I'm thinking he means Wilson Chandler, and Jeffries is a legitimate scrub and nothing more.

He also spectacularly cans the NETS, who i think have overachieved so far, Harris has exploded and Lopez will be a good starting C for years to come. Considering i thought the nets would be bottom feeders all season long, I think they've exceeded many expectations so far.

And (sorry Jerrod) what's with his comment about Bogut? That he doesn't often embarrass himself? If the guy had actually watched a Bucks game he would see that Bogut is our best player. This guy Rosen seems to be searching for punch lines, not finding any good ones and just delivering them anyway.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#16 » by bayrdbandit » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:44 pm

pasting_monkeys wrote:This guy Rosen really doesn't have much of a clue does he.

Check out his assessment of NY.

NEW YORK is inconsistent, but exciting. And that's enough to (almost) relegate the Zeke era to the ashcan of history. Chris Duhon is more productive in a team-concept than Twinkle-Twinkle-Little-Starbury ever was. David Lee has (almost) become an offensive force. Winston Chambers is a burgeoning star. Al Harrington's erratic shooting keeps both teams in the game. And the unheralded return of Jared Jeffries has given the Knicks a legitimate (and versatile) defender. A great job thus far by the much-maligned (especially by me!) Mike D'Antoni. Grade: B-plus

Winston Chambers!?? :lol:

I'm thinking he means Wilson Chandler, and Jeffries is a legitimate scrub and nothing more.

He also spectacularly cans the NETS, who i think have overachieved so far, Harris has exploded and Lopez will be a good starting C for years to come. Considering i thought the nets would be bottom feeders all season long, I think they've exceeded many expectations so far.

And (sorry Jerrod) what's with his comment about Bogut? That he doesn't often embarrass himself? If the guy had actually watched a Bucks game he would see that Bogut is our best player. This guy Rosen seems to be searching for punch lines, not finding any good ones and just delivering them anyway.

rosen has always disliked bogut. he's never liked the bucks either. he's a knob, always has been.

even with bogut playing some great basketball he still couldn't manage to say something nice. he had to use a positive-negative to compliment him. wanker.
Mike X
Starter
And1: 13

Post#17 » by Mike X » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Yeah Rosen got pissed of when Bogut said he was better then Longley & Rosen is a Phil Jackson acolyte. Hes been on him ever since.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks