ImageImage

Your "Go For It" Scenarios.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Your "Go For It" Scenarios. 

Post#21 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:14 pm

If you took that same player and put him on the Bucks, would they have made an All-Star game? No way.

The Pistons made the All-Star games because of their record and team success....not because of individual talent.

I think a lineup of Redd/Brand/Bogut has the same level of talent as the Pistons a few years back, but definitely won't be able to match the chemistry/attitude/system that worked for Detroit.

Billups/Hamilton/Prince/Sheed/Wallace in their prime years was definitely a far better core than that (especially defensively, all five of that starting five were in the upper tier of their positions defensively), and I don't see how you are getting Brand without giving up Redd anyway, he's the guy Philly would want because of their lack of 3 point shooting.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#22 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:15 pm

The Pistons model is predicated on signing or trading for 4 or 5 borderline all-stars who are paid like role players. The whole point is that you can afford to have 5 of them at the same time, plus a couple players coming off the bench.

Making incremental trades that cause your payroll to balloon bit by bit is the New York Knicks model.

The money changes everything.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#23 » by stellation » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:08 pm

CV/RJ/Redd to Boston for KG/PP/Ray
#FreeChuckDiesel
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#24 » by jerrod » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 pm

stellation wrote:CV/RJ/Redd to Boston for KG/PP/Ray

we're gonna need rondo too, they can have gadz
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#25 » by stellation » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:34 pm

jerrod wrote:

C'mon, lets be realistic now and not just throw crazy stuff out there!

Besides, Gadz has a better jumper than Rondo so provides "spacing". Spacing. Yeah!
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#26 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 pm

stellation wrote:
jerrod wrote:

C'mon, lets be realistic now and not just throw crazy stuff out there!

Besides, Gadz has a better jumper than Rondo so provides "spacing". Spacing. Yeah!

Gadz is also taller. Never trade big for small.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
magpies
Senior
And1: 0

Post#27 » by magpies » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Love to have brand, his style of play is what this team needs. And any trade that gets rid of Gaz, I am all for
even for a bucket of Ice cream, I believe that is all he is worth they way he is playing
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#28 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:48 pm

eagle13 wrote:Philly never does #1 - maybe for Redd

#2 is a joke for both teams? IS our #1 protected? If it is they aren't interested. If it's not it would be ridiculos for us.

#3 you hate JA that much?
Why???

WHY WHOULDN'T PHILLY DO THIS?????

Yes they would! Either guy would be great for them. I admit Redd would be ideal. But they would take Jefferson as well.

You can alternate Iguodala and RJ and if they want to run and get out on the break. But the heck they wouldnt do this because Jefferson is a proven winner and actually plays defense!

I would rather move Redd too in this deal but Philly would take Jefferson just as well as Redd if not instead of Redd if you add Sessions.

No one hates Alexander...I hate the pick at that spot in the draft.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#29 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:51 pm

adamcz wrote:The Pistons model is predicated on signing or trading for 4 or 5 borderline all-stars who are paid like role players. The whole point is that you can afford to have 5 of them at the same time, plus a couple players coming off the bench.

Making incremental trades that cause your payroll to balloon bit by bit is the New York Knicks model.

The money changes everything.
Nice post.

Keepin it real, factual and fiscal.

Now looking at the Pistons before they traded for Iverson that is exactly how they have done it. I see that now...very good. Tayshaun, Wallace, Billups, Hamilton, Rasheed...are all what you say they are.

And they really lucked out or they planned it well and also had Okur and Milcic that could have been Melo if they made the right choice like we could have had Chris Paul.

Which goes to show you how crucial and devasting screwing up on just one lottery pick can hurt. If they took Melo they would atleast 3 rings by now. You do not gamble and screw up lottery picks or you are the Clippers.

And perhaps it was Hammond's idea as well as Dumar's? Maybe he has this in mind. But I am not big on copycats and models. I think each team and each situation for their franchise is different.

But I do not argue with anything that the Pistons have done. I am no fool. I don't argue with the prolonged success that they have had.

So I am down with it I guess...very insightful and practical. You've done well... 8-)
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#30 » by BDUB_30 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:06 am

i love #1 and 2 ...would do them both in a minute ...i think collision is enough of an upgrade over gadzuric to give up the pick (especialy concidering our #1 picks have less value concidering the dude that makes the decisions sucks ) >

i am still failing to beleive that sessions and cv packaged together wont land us something ...fair enough theirs some uncertainty their in regards to future contracts but **** , none of us are asking for much ...give us brandon wright for both of these guys ..maybe brandon wright and a second rd pick ...

i would give up sessions / cv for tyrus thomas as well ... i know the skiles connection is a problem , but tyrus imo is exactaly what we need at the 4 .. the guy is physical as hell , athelte and has a little touch ...i would love to see tyrus thromas in a bucks uniform ...they guy has impact player potential . Del negro is having serious problems down there and this is the kind of trade that i could see them biting on ... they havent figured it out yet down there , but rose is a ..............combo guard ! :lol: ..tt brings atheletism to the 4 spot , rebounding , and toughness ....he battles ...thats more then we can say for anyone at the 4 other then moute .

Return to Milwaukee Bucks