ImageImage

OT: Memphis Fires Iavoroni

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: OT: Memphis Fires Iavoroni 

Post#21 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Conley isn't going anywhere now. Hopefully he blows up, then maybe Kohl will realize he should be leaving the talent evaluation duties to Mr. John Hammond, not to the his cronies who don't even know what hand Conley shoots with.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#22 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Of course Mike Conley will flourish under esteemed Bucks assistant Lionel Hollins who is being called back to coach the Grizzlies for the third time.

I told you all who were scared about us (Bucks) bringing Conley in and panicking about losing Ramon Sessions, that Mike Conley would have flourished here under Skiles, Hollins and Sampson here in this system, and we should have gotten him regardless to what he had done so far or is numbers!

Look at how Jerryd Bayless is playing now and some others like Sebastain Telfair. It takes time for PG's.

Sometimes you factor others things into the equation of pulling the trigger and getting a guy, not just how much they make or how they are playing for someone else with less experienced or less competant coaching or a supporting cast....

Sometimes it comes down to how a guy is coached and brought along and not by their early season numbers. Some of you need to looked beneath the numbers a guy puts up when gauging their true worth.

Ivaroni was a big man's coach. Conley should thrive under Hollins. Even the Bucks had sense enough to know that, that is why they wanted him!

My flight is now off to Atlanta and Phillips Arena as I will be in the crowd tonite in Atlanta to see the
Bucks vs the Hawks...

I hope I can get a camera to get some pics...as I am aslo going to see Derrick Favors in a high school game here as well... at South Atlanta on Saturday afternoon! Should be big fun and a good scouting trip in essence...

I will give you a full report tonite... Good day! :D

:wave:
Limca
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#23 » by Limca » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:35 pm

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#24 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:02 pm

adamcz wrote:Please, please let them hire Terry Stotts. I want to trade Redd for Mayo.

Strangely, 15 of the 30 head coaching positions in the NBA have opened up between the end of last season and now, yet Terry Stotts has not been asked to fill any of them. Must be some kind of clerical error.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#25 » by midranger » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:20 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
adamcz wrote:Please, please let them hire Terry Stotts. I want to trade Redd for Mayo.

Strangely, 15 of the 30 head coaching positions in the NBA have opened up between the end of last season and now, yet Terry Stotts has not been asked to fill any of them. Must be some kind of clerical error.

Epi always has his argument about what to expect with Stotts given he had a few guys that played significant minutes who will never play in the NBA again.

The simple response is, what can you expect of those players given they had a head coach who will never head coach again in the NBA.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#26 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:36 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:

Nobody's going to ask you to be a head coach again when you're consistently getting out assistant coached.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#27 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:50 am

The Grizzlies hiring a Bucks assistant could incresae the chances of the Conley trade----he's obviously very familiar with our players and could smooth their transition.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#28 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:57 am

raferfenix wrote:The Grizzlies hiring a Bucks assistant could incresae the chances of the Conley trade----he's obviously very familiar with our players and could smooth their transition.

Or he could negate it if he's not a fan of Sessions and Alexander
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
bgassassin
Starter
And1: 0

Post#29 » by bgassassin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:06 am

Based on the press conference, I would say negate. Hollins talked about how he helped Bibby and talked about doing the same things for Conley to see if he benefits, so I think it's safe to say the deal is dead. If Conley does well under Hollins then I'm sure we'll keep him, but if he doesn't then I have a tough time expecting the Bucks to want him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks