ImageImage

Vecsey: Plenty Of Interest In Redd But He Won't Be Traded

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Vecsey: Plenty Of Interest In Redd But He Won't Be Traded 

Post#181 » by trwi7 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Raef/Diogu/Protected 1st. I'd take that deal.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#182 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:45 pm

adamcz wrote:
Spykes wrote:The only way Portland is trading for RJ is if they get him at a severe discount. These are the only pieces that would be made available in a Jefferson deal...

Raef
Frye
Diogu
Webster
First Round Pick (heavy lottery protection)

Anything outside of that (Outlaw, Bayless, etc) is gonna be too pricey for the Blazers.

Raef + Webster + 1st = deal. No takebacks.

trwi7 wrote:Raef/Diogu/Protected 1st. I'd take that deal.

As a blazer fan, I think portland might have some interest in RJ. The concerns they'd have would begin with RJ's enormous contract in conjunction with the need this summer to get the extensions of Roy and Aldridge accomplished. That would likely put the Blazers at 40 million in salary for those 3 players alone in 2010/11, and 55 million for 4 players in 11/12 when Oden has his extension. That's a lot of money, even for a guy like Paul Allen

Another concern would be that it appears RJ may have lost a little of the dominant athleticism that he possessed a couple of years ago. Will that be an accelerating trend?

As to the trades above. I think for the most part, the Blazers are still optimistic about Webster's potential, so him and Lafrentz's valuable expiring fr RJ would probably not include a 1st round pick. Certainly not this year's 1st.

Lafrentz & Diogu or Lafrentz & Frye could probably fetch a 1st round pick as well, but still might not get the 2009 1st. I think Portland will hold onto to that unless it's needed as leverge in a major trade upgrade, and I just don't think RJ would qualify.

Personally, I'd do Lafrentz and Webster for RJ where portland either sent out the Clipper's 2nd round pick this season or the blazers first next season with some decent protection on it. That would give portland a 3.2 million TPE which would be a nice addition.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#183 » by Spykes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:As a blazer fan, I think portland might have some interest in RJ. The concerns they'd have would begin with RJ's enormous contract in conjunction with the need this summer to get the extensions of Roy and Aldridge accomplished. That would likely put the Blazers at 40 million in salary for those 3 players alone in 2010/11, and 55 million for 4 players in 11/12 when Oden has his extension. That's a lot of money, even for a guy like Paul Allen

I mentioned the salary aspect in another thread here, but I think your numbers may be a bit off. According to Hoopshype, RJ expires after 10/11, so unless the Blazers sign him to some crazy extension beyond that year, he shouldn't be on the books when Oden's extension kicks in. The Blazers will still have a lot of salary on the books, but RJ likely wouldn't be one of them on it.

Wizenheimer wrote:Another concern would be that it appears RJ may have lost a little of the dominant athleticism that he possessed a couple of years ago. Will that be an accelerating trend?

As to the trades above. I think for the most part, the Blazers are still optimistic about Webster's potential, so him and Lafrentz's valuable expiring fr RJ would probably not include a 1st round pick. Certainly not this year's 1st.

Lafrentz & Diogu or Lafrentz & Frye could probably fetch a 1st round pick as well, but still might not get the 2009 1st. I think Portland will hold onto to that unless it's needed as leverge in a major trade upgrade, and I just don't think RJ would qualify.

Personally, I'd do Lafrentz and Webster for RJ where portland either sent out the Clipper's 2nd round pick this season or the blazers first next season with some decent protection on it. That would give portland a 3.2 million TPE which would be a nice addition.

I agree with the rest of this for the most part. I'd be a little more willing to give up the 1st round pick as I don't think the Blazers need it, nor do they need the guaranteed money attached to it, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to keeping it either. Regardless, the pick does need to be heavily protected though.
CHIMOCHI
Starter
And1: 2

Post#184 » by CHIMOCHI » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:40 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

done

the bucks have 20.1 mil to spend next season. great deal for both teams
u mad?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#185 » by trwi7 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:43 pm

CHIMOCHI wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=796~831~234~1006~2792&teams=15~15~5~5~5&te=&cash=

done

Umm no.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
CHIMOCHI
Starter

Post#186 » by CHIMOCHI » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:45 pm

trwi7 wrote:
CHIMOCHI wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=796~831~234~1006~2792&teams=15~15~5~5~5&te=&cash=

done

Umm no.

ok we can negotiate a little bit
u mad?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,004

Post#187 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 pm

CHIMOCHI wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

done

Umm no.

ok we can negotiate a little bit

OK.

Link
CHIMOCHI
Starter

Post#188 » by CHIMOCHI » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 pm

DrugBust wrote: