ImageImage

Woelfel: Bogut's Minutes To Be Monitored When He Returns

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Woelfel: Bogut's Minutes To Be Monitored When He Returns 

Post#1 » by europa » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:16 pm

No surprise, but in my opinion it again brings up the importance for Hammond to add a more physical presence to the frontcourt for the second half:

The good news for the Bucks is that Andrew Bogut’s back is better.

The bad news for the Bucks is that he isn’t likely to play major minutes once he returns to action.

Bogut, who has missed the last four games, said his minutes will likely be monitored and he definitely won’t be playing around 40 minutes a game like he had before being sidelined.

“It’s going to be a slow process,’’ Bogut said.

* With Bogut sidelined with back spasms, Dan Gadzuric has had a chance to step up.

http://my.journaltimes.com/woelfel-world-of-sports
Nothing will not break me.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Woelfel: Bogut's Minutes To Be Monitored When He Returns 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:22 pm

I think they should give Gadzuric's minutes to Elson (better defender), and increase CV's minutes to help the offense. CV should be playing 35 minutes or so with how he's playing (currently at 23.5 for the season and 28 for the month). CV is the second best rebounder on our team, so he needs to get more minutes with Bogut out.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#3 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:23 pm

I think it should be fairly obvious that we are showcasing Gadzuric.

Come on buddy, give us a nice 15pt/15reb/3blk performance so we can sucker someone into trading for him.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#4 » by Max Green » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I think it should be fairly obvious that we are showcasing Gadzuric.

Come on buddy, give us a nice 15pt/15reb/3blk performance so we can sucker someone into trading for him.

:pray:
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#5 » by smauss » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:29 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:showcasing Gadzuric.

Sorry all you Dan fans (especially vlietinho) but Man, I never, ever thought I'd read that phrase on this board! :lol:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,393

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Woelfel said pretty much the same things yesterday on 1250. He said Bogut is ready to play but that he wants to go through a full practice first to see how his back feels. The Bucks had no practice on Thursday so whether Bogut will still try to play tonight remains to be seen.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#7 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Bogut is definitely not playing tonight. According to his blog he and Bell did not make the trip to Atlanta.
Hello, hello! Some decent news: Getting close, very close to being back. This time around we are being a bit more cautious as far as not jumping straight back into things, but rather easing the workload up slowly day by say. Today I was in the pool doing some light jogging and sliding, and pulled up ok. This does not seem like much, but from where I was earlier in the week it’s huge. I didn’t make the trip to Atlanta today, Charlie Bell and I have remained in Milwaukee to get treatment. (Charlie’s Ankle is still bothering him). So it’s pretty much around the clock treatment at the moment. Tomorrow I will increase my workload a little more and hopefully by Saturday I can start doing some on court stuff. It’s been a frustrating couple of weeks, but I’ve gone from not being able to bend down to brush my teeth, to now being able to walk pain free. Step by step, day by day. The most important thing is not to rush back, which is what happened the first time. I was feeling 100% but jumped straight back into physical activity a little quick and it came back to haunt me. That’s all I have on the injury front at the moment, oh but if anyone in Wisconsin can plug the heater back in the wall the rise in temperature definitely couldn’t hurt my back! I can’t get over how cold it is, no really, I can’t. Someone build me a bridge ‘cause it’s FREEZING. When will I be back is the question? Well I’ll tell you now I’m not playing tomorrow that’s for sure.:) Beyond that it’s still undecided.

What a exciting win last night. Could we miss in the 2nd half? The fans sure got their money’s worth, our man Charlie V had a huge game, Mike was good as always and Ramon was a perfect 7-7 from the field. Also I think credit should be given to Francisco Elson and his defense on Dirk. Dirk still had a good game but ‘Cisco was playing some good D and made Dirk work for everything he had.

What else is new, well besides the fact that I was in my house for 115 hours from Thursday through Monday I’m ok. The other 5 Hours were treatment. I was bored out of my brain and about to go crazy I can tell you that. I like to be out doing things with my day, running errands, messing around in the garage, I dunno, but sitting in my house watching TV and on the net all day sure gets old, and quick.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#8 » by fam3381 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Ted Davis said in his podcast today they hope to have him back on Monday.

http://www.nba.com/media/bucks/podcast_atl_090123.mp3
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#9 » by power4wardjinx » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Bogut is definitely not playing tonight. According to his blog he and Bell did not make the trip to Atlanta.
Hello, hello! Some decent news: Getting close, very close to being back. This time around we are being a bit more cautious as far as not jumping straight back into things, but rather easing the workload up slowly day by say. Today I was in the pool doing some light jogging and sliding, and pulled up ok. This does not seem like much, but from where I was earlier in the week it’s huge. I didn’t make the trip to Atlanta today, Charlie Bell and I have remained in Milwaukee to get treatment. (Charlie’s Ankle is still bothering him). So it’s pretty much around the clock treatment at the moment. Tomorrow I will increase my workload a little more and hopefully by Saturday I can start doing some on court stuff. It’s been a frustrating couple of weeks, but I’ve gone from not being able to bend down to brush my teeth, to now being able to walk pain free. Step by step, day by day. The most important thing is not to rush back, which is what happened the first time. I was feeling 100% but jumped straight back into physical activity a little quick and it came back to haunt me. That’s all I have on the injury front at the moment, oh but if anyone in Wisconsin can plug the heater back in the wall the rise in temperature definitely couldn’t hurt my back! I can’t get over how cold it is, no really, I can’t. Someone build me a bridge ‘cause it’s FREEZING. When will I be back is the question? Well I’ll tell you now I’m not playing tomorrow that’s for sure.:) Beyond that it’s still undecided.

What a exciting win last night. Could we miss in the 2nd half? The fans sure got their money’s worth, our man Charlie V had a huge game, Mike was good as always and Ramon was a perfect 7-7 from the field. Also I think credit should be given to Francisco Elson and his defense on Dirk. Dirk still had a good game but ‘Cisco was playing some good D and made Dirk work for everything he had.

What else is new, well besides the fact that I was in my house for 115 hours from Thursday through Monday I’m ok. The other 5 Hours were treatment. I was bored out of my brain and about to go crazy I can tell you that. I like to be out doing things with my day, running errands, messing around in the garage, I dunno, but sitting in my house watching TV and on the net all day sure gets old, and quick.

Gardner reported Wednesday he wasn't playing this weekend ...

As for Charlie, obviously the time to get him get 100% is now while Redd is still a Buck. :D They'll need Charlie healthy next month.
"Power forward ... again, that's something we'll probably have to address." - Larry Costello, Don Nelson, George Karl, Scott Skiles.
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blog ... fault.aspx
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,393

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Monday makes sense. The next practice is Sunday.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#11 » by midranger » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Oh God, the Bucks have moved Bogut to day-to-day type status.

Let's hope he's back by April.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#12 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Let's hope he's back by April.

Just in time for the playoff push.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:44 pm

I just hope Bogey is ready to go this summer for whatever events they have for him on the National Team.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#14 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:51 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I think it should be fairly obvious that we are showcasing Gadzuric.

No, we need him to get a 20/20 game against the Sixers.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#15 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:I just hope Bogey is ready to go this summer for whatever events they have for him on the National Team.

I hope Bogey stops playing internationally.

We just paid him $60M we don't deserve a worn out and busted up Bogut after pushing himself all summer for a team that isn't even good when he's on it.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:57 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Bogutneedsball wrote:I just hope Bogey is ready to go this summer for whatever events they have for him on the National Team.

We just paid him $60M we don't deserve a worn out and busted up Bogut after pushing himself all summer for a team that isn't even good when he's on it.

I should have used green font when writing that.

I completely agree with you.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
TotalPackage
Sophomore

Post#17 » by TotalPackage » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:59 am

Bogutneedsball wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

I should have used green font when writing that.

I completely agree with you.

Another one of those urban myths. Bogut has barely played any international basketball and usually sits out in the off-season..... he played last year but I don't think anyone would deny someone playing in the Olympics. The World Championship arent until 2010 so I don't think Bogut will be playing for Australia for a while.
After 2 years of trying to register for this website.... I can finally get on!!!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks