ImageImage

OT: Gerald Wallace hospitalized W/ possible collapsed lung

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Re: OT: Gerald Wallace hospitalized W/ possible collapsed lung 

Post#1 » by lawrybeard » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:58 am

Just saw it and honestly thought it just looked like a good hard foul - definitely not a coward move. When you go up like that your full ribs are exposed and it's just one of those things that happen.

Then again I may not have seen the same angle you did.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#2 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 pm

We have enough problems of our own with our teams injuries.

It is a shame. Gerald is a great young ballplayer and I love his game and he plays hard every trip down.

In fact, he maybe the hardest working player in the entire league no one knows about. He would make my All Workmanlike Warrior team's starting 5.

He is relentless...fearless and a dogged competitor whenver I've seen him play. But we have more pressing needs here with Bogut's back.

Gerald is a tough man. He might actually return quicker with a collasped lung and broken rib then Bogut will from his injury.

It was a good 'message foul' by Andrew Bynum. That is the type of play we need from our Center and why I would take Bynum over anyone we have now.

What is he, 21, or 22? And already he knows how to send a message...good hard foul if you ask me. I am not happy that GWall got jacked up, but hey, sometimes that is basketball too.

You see it in all sports. At home plate, in hockey of course, football, and even basketball...a bang bang play.

But I will pray :pray: for GWall, Drew, and Mike 'Redd Alert' and just move on...
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#3 » by aaprigs311 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Just when my fantasy team was getting healthy..
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#4 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:28 pm

I did not find it to be dirty from what I saw. Just a foul gone wrong, IMO. From what everyone was talking, I was expecting to see Bynum wind-up and blatantly elbow Wallace in the chest. He didn't. He was trying to foul Wallace going to the rim to put him on the line. Nothing new there.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#5 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:33 pm

It was a flagrant, but he didn't intended to puncture his lung or anything
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#6 » by emunney » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:45 pm

A little excessive from Bynum, but it seemed like maybe he was thinking hard foul and then just got there late, and Wallace jumped before Bynum expected him to. Deserved a flagrant and that's it, but I could see them bumping it up just because Wallace is in the hospital. That seems to be how these things work.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q2cBYKvYJw
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks