ImageImage

Predict what Hammond will actually do (not what you want)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: Predict what Hammond will actually do (not what you want) 

Post#61 » by paul » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:00 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
midranger wrote:Charlie Bell and Charlie Villanueva

for

Sean May and Adam Morrison

Hammond could try to sell this to the fans on both the guys coming in being lotto picks. Plus, it clears 2 years of Bell's contract.

Bell seems like the kind of guy Larry Brown likes. Big PG who (used to) can hit the 3. CV is a PF to space the floor for Okafor.

This is the kind of move that Michael Jordan starts pouring champagne all over himself after he hangs up the phone.

Hands down one of the worst trade ideas I have ever seen.

Both of these guys are going to be out of the league in 1-2 years

Take the 'one of' out of that sentence.

Worst. Trade. Ever.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 870

Post#62 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:02 pm

small blurb about RJ being dealt on ESPN Daily Dime today:

" NBA front-office sources say that the Bucks, having lost Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut and Luke Ridnour to long-term injuries, have made swingman Richard Jefferson available even though Jefferson is in his first season in Milwaukee.

Jefferson is a player Portland has liked in the past -- which is how we're sneaking this in under our West banner -- but the 28-year-old's contract stretches through the 2010-11 season once he exercises his $15.2 million option for that season after making $14.2 million in 2009-10. If the Blazers proved willing to take back Jefferson's money, they have Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract to make the trade work"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#63 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:05 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:small blurb about RJ being dealt on ESPN Daily Dime today:

" NBA front-office sources say that the Bucks, having lost Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut and Luke Ridnour to long-term injuries, have made swingman Richard Jefferson available even though Jefferson is in his first season in Milwaukee.

Jefferson is a player Portland has liked in the past -- which is how we're sneaking this in under our West banner -- but the 28-year-old's contract stretches through the 2010-11 season once he exercises his $15.2 million option for that season after making $14.2 million in 2009-10. If the Blazers proved willing to take back Jefferson's money, they have Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract to make the trade work"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

If we can at least get back Webster (if his ankle injury isn't career threatening) then I would be pretty happy with the deal.

Looks like everyone here is going to get their wish.

I predict we see a completely different player once RJ puts on a Blazers uniform. No one will be thinking he's "lost it"
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 870

Post#64 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:16 pm

Well in NBA 2k9 Webster always ends up becoming a 20 pt couple rbd couple asssist guy.

Now that I think about it the 2k series always does a good job of predicting the future for all players and I think the Bucks should run any future trades through a few simulated seasons before finalizing the deal. It would probably make us a better team.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#65 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:22 pm

GAD,

I remember reading all those reports too, David Aldridge was one guy who was raving about how no one was going to be able to match up with Sam Cassell and Gary Payton in the back court. And I remember thinking that it was going to be a terrible backcourt pairing. I was also at one of the playoff games where Kenyon and Kidd killed us. Kidd especially had his way with Payton.

All I was trying to do, was offer evidence that Kohl will make moves that he believes are for his best interests. The thread to that point was suggesting that he is hamstrung by being an ellected official and will never make an unpopular move. I disagree with that. We clearly tanked at least 2 of the Larry Harris years. And the Ray Allen trade was wildly unpopular to Bucks fans. No matter what slant the media put on it at the time. Sure, the Bucks were in a "nothing to lose" phase of the Karl era. But Kohl knew what he was doing. There was even a cryptic MJS article the day before suggesting that it might be in the Bucks best long term financial interest to trade Ray Allen. The next day, bam. No Jesus Shuttlesworth for you.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:28 pm

As far as an entry to what I think Hammond is going to do, I think we have no choice but to play big minutes to Sessions, Prince, and CV.

It is likely the team would move RJ for any combination of players, picks, and cap relief that was palatable to Hammond. But I can't see any teams other than Portland or the Cavs that would even consider it.

I also think that a CV trade is inevitible, while I can't see Sessions gonig anywhere.
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#67 » by blueedwards » Sat Feb 7, 2009 6:18 pm

Our options are getting grim with all the injuries. Not much to trade when Redd and Bogut are out for the year. Ridnour is done for like 4 weeks. So he's probably safe. RJ is on the block cause hes the most expensive healthy player we got. Even though its his first season with us. Bad thing is we drafted 2 guys that play his position. Prince and Alexander can fit the sf spot. Only bad part about RJ is were kinda selling him low cause were really desperate now. Besides need cap space for CV and Sessions. Gadz is stuck here. Doubt we can unload him even with a unprotected pick even. lol Hard to trade expiring Jones. Since we need cap to sign Sessions and CV. Beside dealing Jones means we need a pg coming back cause only other healthy pg is Sessions. Ridnour is shelved a while. Bell isnt a pg. Our best bet was to unload Redd before season started. Plus our sg depth is still laughable even with newly acquired Bogans. I still say swindle the Kings before some other team does.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#68 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:31 pm

All these are likely scenarios:

CV/Gadz for expiring contract and late first-round pick
CV/Bell for expiring contract and mid first-round pick
CV/RJ for expiring contract, young player, and future mid to late first rounder
CV/RJ for halfway decent player with contract expiring in 2010
RJ/Gadz for expiring contracts
RJ for expiring contract and mid to late first rounder
RJ/Bell for expiring contract and mid to late first rounder

Obviously the 4th one is fantastic, but I'd support any of these moves because they would all signal a commitment to the sustained rebuilding project this team has needed for years.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#69 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:34 pm

I think scenario 1, 2, 5, 7 and maybe 6 are unrealistic.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:48 pm

Great list of scenarios... all possible, few likely (no teams are taking on salary these days).

But things always get crazy this time of year, and all Hammond needs is ONE GM to think RJ or CV is their missing piece
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:49 pm

After all... NO ONE thought we could dump Van Horn and Dallas took him.
blueedwards
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#72 » by blueedwards » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:53 pm

Bell for McCants anyone?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#73 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:58 pm

blueedwards wrote:Bell for McCants anyone?

Why would Minnesota want Bell?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#74 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:59 pm

Will Perdude wrote:After all... NO ONE thought we could dump Van Horn and Dallas took him.

ha ha, van horn.

I've never seen a basketball player hate playing basketball so much before.

I thought he was going to cry after some of the tongue lashings that Kenyon gave him.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#75 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 8:34 pm

trwi7 wrote:I think scenario 1, 2, 5, 7 and maybe 6 are unrealistic.

Likely was a bad choice of words, but I think they're the scenarios that Hammond is likely to be hoping for. And while any given one of those scenarios is unlikely, it's not so unlikely that one of the 7 materializes. As someone else said, all it takes is one gm to think CV or RJ is the missing piece.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#76 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 9:34 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Hands down one of the worst trade ideas I have ever seen.

Who? Hammond and Jordan?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#77 » by Wise1 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 11:45 pm

I think Hammond would love to move Jefferson to clear up the money needed to lock up CV and Sessions. Jefferson will be moved at some point prior to next season. With the Redd and Bogut injuries likely to have an adverse effect on the team's prospects next season, Hammond/Kohl switch gears and move away from the win now mantra. Fans sold on development of young players like Sessions, LRMBAM, CV, and Alexander. Jefferson, Bell, Gadz shopped hard.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#78 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 1:50 am

Okay. Time to make one definitive call instead of a bunch of wishful thinking or vague predictions.

RJ/2nd rounder for Lafrentz/Webster.

Hallelujah.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#79 » by midranger » Sun Feb 8, 2009 1:55 am

paul wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
midranger wrote:Charlie Bell and Charlie Villanueva

for

Sean May and Adam Morrison

Hammond could try to sell this to the fans on both the guys coming in being lotto picks. Plus, it clears 2 years of Bell's contract.

Bell seems like the kind of guy Larry Brown likes. Big PG who (used to) can hit the 3. CV is a PF to space the floor for Okafor.

This is the kind of move that Michael Jordan starts pouring champagne all over himself after he hangs up the phone.

Hands down one of the worst trade ideas I have ever seen.

Take the 'one of' out of that sentence.

Worst. Trade. Ever.

Hey, I was predicting a move Hammond would make. Worst trade ever is a Hammond type move.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
apdamico
Senior
And1: 2

Post#80 » by apdamico » Mon Feb 9, 2009 12:04 am

Spurs looking for a floor-streching big man. That has CV written all over it, but if that trade doesn't happen, my new prediction is the following:

Jefferson and Ridnour to the Cavs for Sczercbiak and West. 8-)
Never under estimate the value of a Buck!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks