ImageImage

Keep Sessions/CV/Bogut together

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,993

Re: Keep Sessions/CV/Bogut together 

Post#81 » by midranger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:03 pm

I only saw last night, but CV's defense was terrible in the first half and then decent in the second. I think he probably got a talking to at half time and responded.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#82 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Call me crazy Luke (and you probably will :)) but you just described RJ. RJ has had a whole lot of hate on the board and certainly some has been deserved, but if he can continue to play at his recent 'upswing' level a combination of he and LRMAM are perfect for this team imo. Easy to forget that he's shooting 40% from 3 this season understand the salary implications but if I were Hammond I'd be trying to find a way to have our major rotation guys next season and for the remainder of this season as -

Sessions/Ridnour (inj)/Bell
RJ/Bell/Bogans
Moute/RJ/JA/Bogans
CV/Moute/JA
Bogut (inj)/Elson

I don't see the above as a feasible scenario, if you're referring to 2009-10. What team is going to take on Redd's salary before the deadline when he won't even go into 2009-10 healthy? I just don't see a team viewing him that well, I highly doubt we could even get expirings for Redd right now.

We could MAYBE keep one of CV/Sessions if RJ is back next year, but even with one of those guys signed at say the MLE you're pushing the lux tax threshold.

I move RJ at the deadline for an expiring. I think with his current play that could be a possibility right now. Then you have some flexibility to sit back and let the market dictate Sessions and CV's deals.

On a side note, here is CV and Sessions numbers per 36 minutes:

CV: 22.2 ppg/9.4 rpg/2.4 apg/2.4 TO/.9 spg/1.1 bpg/46.0% FG

Sessions: 16.5 ppg/4.1 rpg/6.4 apg/2.4 TO/1.5 spg/45.1% FG
MILILL
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#83 » by MILILL » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 pm

As much as I've enjoyed watching these past two games, and as much as my hope has been rekindled, I still say we must think about tomorrow. If the RJ for Wally offer exits, I'd take Wally's expiring and bank that $15mil for CV and Sessions. You can get two for the price of one and still save some cash. Will this hinder our ability to get to the playoffs? Maybe but our chances of future playoff appearances will be diminished if we don't get these two guys signed. And with 3 injuries and a bad economoy, I think Milwaukee fans will realize this is the prudent approach and will eventually support it.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#84 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:43 pm

MILILL wrote:As much as I've enjoyed watching these past two games, and as much as my hope has been rekindled, I still say we must think about tomorrow. If the RJ for Wally offer exits, I'd take Wally's expiring and bank that $15mil for CV and Sessions. You can get two for the price of one and still save some cash. Will this hinder our ability to get to the playoffs? Maybe but our chances of future playoff appearances will be diminished if we don't get these two guys signed. And with 3 injuries and a bad economoy, I think Milwaukee fans will realize this is the prudent approach and will eventually support it.

Bingo. Keeping RJ maybe gets us an extra 1-2 wins this year, but hinders our ability to build the team. Once Redd went down, moving RJ should have been a lock for Hammond. Because Redd is immovable until a year from this offseason.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#85 » by msiris » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:04 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Bogut is nothing special hes a solid player but not a allstar type center. Also Bogut has had alot of little injurys and missed alot of games which is a big concern to me. Seems like Bogut can't last a whole season.

CV has always had the ability to score at will and drop 20+ points a nite so I don't see why anyone is suprised by his play. Sessions is gonna be a allstar PG and I wouldnt trade him unless is was a sweet deal like Jefferson + Sessions for Amare or something like that.

I love Bogans and I think we ripped the crap out of the Magic. Bogans is gonna be a very nice player off the bench and i loved him when he played for Kentucky.

Also the perfect SG for the Bucks is Eric Gordan. Also would love to get Martel Webster.

Jefferson is a good player but obviously a D-Bag. He has not tried this season and you can see him trying alittle more latley as he tries to get traded away.
Stop it! SESSIONS IS NOT GOING TO BE AN ALL STAR!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL...this is ridiculous!

Please sit down....lol. This is foolishness. Ha ha ha...you crack me up. Two games and not 25 games into his career you already got him as an All Star!?

This is lunacy...if I knew you I would bet you 50 bucks he is not an All Star within his entire career.
Knowing talent is not you forte is it?
Ride the tank
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#86 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Bucks are the only team and some Bucks' fans who will pay up on a second round NBDL leaguer with 75 games under his belt... who has not even gone through the league yet.

I want to see what he does when teams and coaches figure him out after more then two or three starts and take that drive away from a guy with no handles and no jumper, and an average first step who doesn't go left.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#87 » by paul » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:25 pm

I'd love to know how many people have had 44 point games AND 24 assist games in their first season (worth of games, spread over 2 in this case) and have NOT made an allstar appearance at some point in their career. Anyone help me out there?

Actually, has anyone EVER had those two stats within their first 80 games period?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#88 » by LUKE23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 pm

paul wrote:I'd love to know how many people have had 44 point games AND 24 assist games in their first season (worth of games, spread over 2 in this case) and have NOT made an allstar appearance at some point in their career. Anyone help me out there?

Actually, has anyone EVER had those two stats within their first 80 games period?

I think Magic and one other person did it, maybe the Big O? The list is short.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#89 » by paul » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:28 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
paul wrote:I'd love to know how many people have had 44 point games AND 24 assist games in their first season (worth of games, spread over 2 in this case) and have NOT made an allstar appearance at some point in their career. Anyone help me out there?

I think Magic and one other person did it, maybe the Big O? The list is short.

So we were right on the money then, Magic Sessions...... :D
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#90 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:32 pm

msiris wrote:
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Bogut is nothing special hes a solid player but not a allstar type center. Also Bogut has had alot of little injurys and missed alot of games which is a big concern to me. Seems like Bogut can't last a whole season.

CV has always had the ability to score at will and drop 20+ points a nite so I don't see why anyone is suprised by his play. Sessions is gonna be a allstar PG and I wouldnt trade him unless is was a sweet deal like Jefferson + Sessions for Amare or something like that.

I love Bogans and I think we ripped the crap out of the Magic. Bogans is gonna be a very nice player off the bench and i loved him when he played for Kentucky.

Also the perfect SG for the Bucks is Eric Gordan. Also would love to get Martel Webster.

Jefferson is a good player but obviously a D-Bag. He has not tried this season and you can see him trying alittle more latley as he tries to get traded away.
Stop it! SESSIONS IS NOT GOING TO BE AN ALL STAR!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL...this is ridiculous!

Please sit down....lol. This is foolishness. Ha ha ha...you crack me up. Two games and not 25 games into his career you already got him as an All Star!?

This is lunacy...if I knew you I would bet you 50 bucks he is not an All Star within his entire career.
Knowing talent is not you forte is it?
Please I know talent better then any fan online.

I have as good a grasp on NBA talent and how teams can build as well as anyone else! I take a back seat to no one. You can check my posts. I don't judge on two good games.

I don't like to brag and boast but when others call me out I got proof. If I don't know I will tell you.

Especially a second rounder and NBDL leaguer who some teams are not taking pride and taking him out of his game personally.

As a player you have got to do your homework on a player like Sessions. Teams have not. That is just being unprepared and lazy. Two things the Pistons and Rockets are not usually know for.

I just am not that impressed with is game...and you can't make me be just because you are.

The Bucks are dying to see Sessions do well only because they can make up for all those lottery blunders by saying, "look, we know talent, we picked a few guys out of the second round who are this and that so we know what we are doing!"

And they still make trips to the lottery every year...And fans who dont know NBA talent if it bit
them on the leg or is not on their fantasy team want him to succeed to jump on the bandwagon until Bogut comes back and then he not pass him the ball and they will turn on him like a cougar.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#91 » by smauss » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:34 pm

All I know is Oscar as a rook 30/10/10. my guess is that he at least "flirted" with 44/24 a game or two.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#92 » by msiris » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:50 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Please I know talent better then any fan online.
I have as good a grasp on NBA talent and how teams can build as well as anyone else! I take a back seat to no one. You can check my posts. I don't judge on two good games.

I don't like to brag and boast but when others call me out I got proof. If I don't know I will tell you.

Especially a second rounder and NBDL leaguer who some teams are not taking pride and taking him out of his game personally.

As a player you have got to do your homework on a player like Sessions. Teams have not. That is just being unprepared and lazy. Two things the Pistons and Rockets are not usually know for.

I just am not that impressed with is game...and you can't make me be just because you are.

The Bucks are dying to see Sessions do well only because they can make up for all those lottery blunders by saying, "look, we know talent, we picked a few guys out of the second round who are this and that so we know what we are doing!"

And they still make trips to the lottery every year...And fans who dont know NBA talent if it bit
them on the leg or is not on their fantasy team want him to succeed to jump on the bandwagon until Bogut comes back and then he not pass him the ball and they will turn on him like a cougar.
So you think Sessions has no talent and that you would rather keep Bogans over Sessions? I rest my case. :lol: FYI I am not trying to change you for you are what you are. :oops:
Ride the tank
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#93 » by upnorthfan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:38 pm

DrugBust wrote:I still think the Bucks would need that stud SG with a lineup of

Sessions:
SG:
SF: LRMAM
PF: CV
C: Bogut

A role player SG probably puts this team in the mid-40s if healthy. An alpha dog SG and maybe you have a contender in 2 years. I don't know. We'd have to see each player in that lineup reach their potential.

Luc would be an awesome SG. Throw JA in at the SF, and there is your core of youngins with a draft pick or two coming in next year probably.

There's not enough experience for that group to win with, but those five in your 8 man rotation is a nice nucleous.

Bogut
CV
JA
LRMAM
RS
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,966

Post#94 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:57 pm

upnorthfan1 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I still think the Bucks would need that stud SG with a lineup of

Sessions:
SG:
SF: LRMAM
PF: CV
C: Bogut

A role player SG probably puts this team in the mid-40s if healthy. An alpha dog SG and maybe you have a contender in 2 years. I don't know. We'd have to see each player in that lineup reach their potential.

Luc would be an awesome SG. Throw JA in at the SF, and there is your core of youngins with a draft pick or two coming in next year probably.

There's not enough experience for that group to win with, but those five in your 8 man rotation is a nice nucleous.

Bogut
CV
JA
LRMAM
RS

Sold.

Still lacking that superstar talent but that's a good young nucleus. A home run draft pick and we're in business.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks