ImageImage

OT- American Idols from Milwaukee

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DPGBucks
Junior
And1: 12

OT- American Idols from Milwaukee 

Post#1 » by DPGBucks » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Yeah, yeah, I know already. American Idol is lame, however I have a wife who loves the show and I get sucked into watching it with her.
Anyway, I noticed that there are two guys on there from Milwaukee, and they're both really good! Any of you guys know either of these two, or know if they're from some local Milwaukee band?
No matter what anyone thinks of the show itself, it would be pretty sweet to have a local guy make it big on that show.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Re: OT- American Idols from Milwaukee 

Post#2 » by cam2win » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Don't know either of them but I do watch the show with my wife and have since season 2. Danny is one of the best I've ever heard and to me the best this season. He has a heartwarming story too and seems like a genuinely good dude. I'll be pulling for him or his friend throughout.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#3 » by BobbyLight » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Looks like we all have wives that suck us into this. I only actually enjoyed the show the first season I watch (I think it was season 6) because it was kind of new to me. Somhow I avoided it the first 5 years. But the last two years they have give people with failed record deals prime spots on the show and I think that is garbage...

Anyhow, off my soapbox, I think it's pretty sweet to have some people from Milwaukee here. I think Danny is by far the best singer on the show and his friend isn't bad either. I think Danny has a chance to go pretty far and since I have been born and raised in Milwaukee, I'd be pretty happy to see it.
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#4 » by TripleDouble » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:14 pm

I knew Danny on an acquaintance level. He went to our church on a couple occasions (before he was married to his wife who died), but I believe he is a music minister at another church now. We have hung out with a group of people together on several occasions, but not to the point where we are close to him. I have never met his friend, so that should tell you all you need to know about how well I know him (since he and the other guy appear pretty close).

This is the 2nd Idol contestant I have known (my wife is very involved in music so we have contact with allot of really talented people), and the 1st was an embarrassment. I was much closer to her and her family, but after I was so proud to see her on the show she made a complete joke out of her appearance. We still know her, and have talked to her on numerous occasions since she was on the show. Unfortunately she is probably the typical story where she is still trying to make it big after her very fleeting touch with fame.

For anyone who follows the show, her name is Sylvia and she is the girl Simon made fun of for her lisp when she said she "really felt her thong". I really hope it turns out better for Danny and the other guy, because this side of it is not very nice.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#5 » by Mags FTW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm happy to say that I've never watched an episode of American Idol. But, I'll be pulling for the local people. Al Jarreau, Eric Benet...uhhh...hmmm....can't think of too many famous crooners from the area.
12 Point Buck
Assistant Coach
And1: 183

Post#6 » by 12 Point Buck » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 am

Dam, only danny made it:(

Return to Milwaukee Bucks