ImageImage

Sessions/CV/RJ, you only get two, who you got?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Re: Sessions/CV/RJ, you only get two, who you got? 

Post#21 » by Ayt » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:50 am

Sessions and CV. Guys like RJ can be found in the 2nd round every year.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#22 » by paul » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:54 am

I guess this is an appropriate spot for this discussion, but those bemoaning our lack of young talent at the start of the season were way off base. Bogut/Sessions/CV/LRMAM are an extemely talented group of 24 and under guys and JA could still be something.

People talk about Durant/Green/Westbrook and the like and rightly so, but there aren't too many teams going around with 4 more talented guys than that under the age of 24 I wouldn't think, unless someone can prove otherwise.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#23 » by Fort Minor » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 am

DrugBust wrote:CV and Sessions and it's not close. Not when you take age, position and salary into account.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#24 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 am

paul wrote:I guess this is an appropriate spot for this discussion, but those bemoaning our lack of young talent at the start of the season were way off base. Bogut/Sessions/CV/LRMAM are an extemely talented group of 24 and under guys and JA could still be something.

People talk about Durant/Green/Westbrook and the like and rightly so, but there aren't too many teams going around with 4 more talented guys than that under the age of 24 I wouldn't think, unless someone can prove otherwise.

Agreed. That is why I want to keep all four together pretty bad. I love that mix if you can add a defensive 2.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#25 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 am

Easy...a no-brainer.

I guess it really depends on what the Bucks' feel about lottery bust Joe Alexander, and perhaps also in a small way Luc Richard M'bah Moute and to a much lesser extent Ersan Ilyasova as to what they want to do with Richard Jefferson moving forward.

If they like Alexander at small forward which is all he is, and also Luc Richard M'Bah Moute at small forward, can really have two rookies there next to Villanueva moving forward? And then there are those who get caught up into positional tags...whose a SF or PF or this or that?

I really like Charlie in a lot of ways. I would hate to see him go. If it was up to me and everyone was healthy, I would do a radical move and trade Bogut with Redd or Jefferson (perferably Redd) and get a real Star and another pick and draft a Monroe and or Thabeet and change our defensive mentality.

Bogut is never going to stay healthy and they would be better off getting a pure Pistons like shot-blocking enforcer then a finesse, passive, passing traditional Center like Bogut who is best suited in the other conference.

But to answer your question I would keep Sessions and Villanueva only because you can get more for Jefferson and he is easier to replace with Luc Richard and Alexander.

Perhaps the real question we should be asking, "Only one can stay, Alexander or Luc Richard, who do you got?

I would say Luc Richard M'Bah Moute should stay and Joe Alexander should go...
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#26 » by aboveAverage » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 am

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:
Perhaps the real question we should be asking, "Only one can stay, Alexander or Luc Richard, who do you got?

I would say Luc Richard M'Bah Moute should stay and Joe Alexander should go...

So would 100% of Bucks fans
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#27 » by JoeHova » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 am

Sessions and CV.

Sessions is clearly the best player of the 3, imo, he goes without saying.

So, it comes down to CV vs. RJ. Even if someone thinks RJ is better or more valuable (both of which I would disagree with), you have to take contract into account. Josh Smith was a RFA last year and got a deal worth $11.5 million per year. I'm pretty sure that CV doesn't have nearly the value around the league that Josh Smith does so I would be shocked if CV got over $10 million per. When you consider the savings of $4-$8 million per year vs. RJ's contract, I think it's a no-brainer unless you think CV is totally useless. I can't believe anybody thinks RJ is twice the player that CV is, especially considering CV being 4 years younger and a PF (many fewer humans grow to 6-11 than grow to 6-7, so it's inherently harder to find a good PF than it is to find a good SF).
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#28 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:27 am

LUKE23 wrote:
The ideal lineup next season only has three guys that can score. Sessions, whomever we draft to play SG and CV. Luc and Bogut aren't reliable scoring threats.

Yep. Sessions/defensive 2/LRMAM/CV/Bogut is about as perfect a roster as you can get, IMO. Great mix. That is what I want to see on opening day next year. We can draft xtitan's boy Gerald Henderson if needbe.
As much as we talk about it, this team does not have enough scoring at all...going forward.
But with the added dimension of Ramon Sessions being able to get to the free throw line there will be a need for both Alexander and Luc Richard to really improve their scoring.

I would like to see the Bucks draft Jodie Meeks as well another scorer and let Ridnour go...We will also need to draft a backup Center who is a solid defender.

Or a guy like Jeff Adrien, Josh Heylfelt, Samardo Samuels, Earl Clark, Hasheem Thabeet, Greg Monroe or take a flyer on Brandon Jennings and make Sessions a SG and launch Redd when he is ready to go.
And by all means Blake Griffin...or don't laugh,....Tyler Hansborough or Chase Budinger who is a real sleeper for me....

I would also do my homework and have a look see to find out what is is up with former Lousivile star Derrick Carracter as well. Man that kid reminds me so much of Jerald Honycutt...lol The Bucks won't do it but I would if I was in charge.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#29 » by El Duderino » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:00 am

DrugBust wrote:
xTitan wrote:Ramon and probably someone else......I am not nearly in love with CV as everyone else, when this team has 5 guys on the court who can score, will CV be able to do enough of the other things like defend, rebound, block shots, pass that you will need him to do? I am not sure anyone can say yes to that.....i have no problem keeping CV on a good deal, for the sake of answering this question, but the nonsense of him being a $10 million player is absurd.

The ideal lineup next season only has three guys that can score. Sessions, whomever we draft to play SG and CV. Luc and Bogut aren't reliable scoring threats.

That's how i'd hope things could shake out and ideally, the SG would be a guy that could score reasonably well along with being a solid defender at least. Hopefully with some cost savings between CV/RJ, some quality bench depth could be added.

The one place i'd agree with Titan on is if the Bucks do decide to try and keep Villanueva, it only makes sense if the team intends to keep Charlie a featured part of the offense. His main value resides in his ability to score a lot of points. If though he's resigned and there are to many scorers in the starting five to where Villanueva is only scoring around say 15ppg, then his shortcoming as a player have a harder time being covered for via his offense.
paul
RealGM

Post#30 » by paul » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:17 am

Here's a question that I should know the answer to but don't - how early can we Ramon an offer? Can we begin the negotiation process with him soon or do we have to wait until his current contract finishes before any negotiations can begin?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#31 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:43 am

Mags FTW wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:CV and Sessions.

DrugBust wrote:CV and Sessions and it's not close.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#32 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 am

paul wrote:Here's a question that I should know the answer to but don't - how early can we Ramon an offer? Can we begin the negotiation process with him soon or do we have to wait until his current contract finishes before any negotiations can begin?

We can't sign him. We wait for him to go and get an offer, then we decide whether we want to match it. Basically a Charlie Bell type deal. He got the offer from Miami and we matched it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#33 » by Ayt » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:07 am

trwi7 wrote:
paul wrote:Here's a question that I should know the answer to but don't - how early can we Ramon an offer? Can we begin the negotiation process with him soon or do we have to wait until his current contract finishes before any negotiations can begin?

We can't sign him. We wait for him to go and get an offer, then we decide whether we want to match it. Basically a Charlie Bell type deal. He got the offer from Miami and we matched it.

Once the FA signing period starts, if we offer him a deal and he likes it, he can sign with us. We don't have to wait for other teams to offer then we match their deal.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#34 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:19 am

Ayt wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Once the FA signing period starts, if we offer him a deal and he likes it, he can sign with us. We don't have to wait for other teams to offer then we match their deal.

You're making me look like the worse poster on this site. I'm stun with anger and my eggo is hurt.

paul
RealGM

Post#35 » by paul » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 am

Ayt wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Thanks Ayt - twirl you suck and methinks u the worse.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#36 » by bayrdbandit » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:14 am

sessions and cv. mostly an age-based answer to the question. i'd like to keep all three, but if it were two, goodbye dick.
fightingfury
Junior
And1: 3

Post#37 » by fightingfury » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:28 am

Like pretty much everyone else I have to say CV and Sessions. They are so much younger and have a longer future in the NBA but they are also performing well and contribute to the team now. The Prince can hold down the SF position with Joe. Jefferson to me seems more expendable because of this also.
Go Bucks!
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#38 » by tedbrogen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm

RJ will never be part of this team winning a playoff series. Just not going to happen. But CV and Sessions are both soooo young and have upside. Who knows how good they could be in three years (when RJ will be old and have left as soon as he hits free agency to go after the elusive championship ring).

Its really what two out of three would you rather have Sessions for 4 or more years, CV for 4 or more years, or RJ for 2 more years.

Its really a no-brainer, unless you are an NBA GM and worry about the common fans perception of dumping RJ, because they don't realize there is no other way to keep Sessions AND CV around.

Again, it comes down to how much you value getting the pleasure of possibly losing to the Celtics or Cavs in the first round versus a chance at being better than that in the future.
MetroDrugUnit
Sixth Man
And1: 46

Post#39 » by MetroDrugUnit » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:06 pm

CV and Sessions. I'd love to see us trade RJ to a more spread open team that would value him more and bring back an expiring. I've never been big about trading RJ for an expiring or giving more talent to Cleveland but dumping RJ now for a chance to lock up Sessions and CV for a while this off season sounds pretty good right now.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#40 » by midranger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:09 pm

LRMAM is our SF of the future.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks