ImageImage

Bucks-Pistons Postgame Thread 2/17/09

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Bucks-Pistons Postgame Thread 2/17/09 

Post#181 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:26 pm

I just don't see how we elevate to the top of the East when as of right now, Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, Atlanta all have a better #1 player than we do. And in reality, that is what it really comes down to. If LeBron left Cleveland, they would be a bottom 3 East team. But that is why I'm against having a capped our roster without a superstar.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#182 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Except in the situation you described we'd still have Ridnour, so it would likely be Ridnour/Sessions/RJ/LRMAM/Bogut.

Ugh, that is a bad mix. No outside shooting whatsoever and Sessions is horrendous defensively at the 2. LRMAM and Sessions are both playing out of position in that lineup, and you're still stuck with Bell, Alexander, Elson as your bench. That team doesn't make the playoffs.

Bucks are going to have a hard time selling the team next year if they just let the chips fall and ride it out with no move at the deadline. A capped out team with a ceiling as the 8th seed again is what we'd have in 2009-10. And we'd be adding zero young talent to the roster while also jettisoning CV and the first.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#183 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Add Miami to the mix. They'll likely keep Wade and add another star.

Chicago could get there in a hurry. They've got one of the best young guards in the league and they have assets to make a a trade for a big time player.

Orlando has the 2nd or 3rd best player in the conference and an All-Star caliber PG.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#184 » by paul » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Except in the situation you described we'd still have Ridnour, so it would likely be Ridnour/Sessions/RJ/LRMAM/Bogut.

Ugh, that is a bad mix. No outside shooting whatsoever and Sessions is horrendous defensively at the 2. LRMAM and Sessions are both playing out of position in that lineup, and you're still stuck with Bell, Alexander, Elson as your bench. That team doesn't make the playoffs.

Bucks are going to have a hard time selling the team next year if they just let the chips fall and ride it out with no move at the deadline. A capped out team with a ceiling as the 8th seed again is what we'd have in 2009-10. And we'd be adding zero young talent to the roster while also jettisoning CV and the first.

You haven't missed the 5 times I've said I want to keep CV as well have you Luke? As I've also said several times I know it's probably unrealistic, but that's what I want. Sue me :wink:
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#185 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:46 pm

DrugBust wrote:Add Miami to the mix. They'll likely keep Wade and add another star.

Chicago could get there in a hurry. They've got one of the best young guards in the league and they have assets to make a a trade for a big time player.

Orlando has the 2nd or 3rd best player in the conference and an All-Star caliber PG.

Forgot Miami.

We have three top five players in the East right now. If those players all remain with their teams, we are definitely behind those teams as far as contending status. And Miami will land a FA, their cap for the 2010 FA bonanza is in great shape and Miami is a huge FA draw.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#186 » by crkone » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Well its nice having Sessions still be worthy of court time even when his shot isn't falling. The same can't be said for others on the team.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks