ImageImage

Time to Eye the 7th Spot?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Time to Eye the 7th Spot? 

Post#1 » by Fort Minor » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:08 am

The Bucks are 2 games behind the Pistons currently.

The Pistons next 7...

2/19 vs San Antonio 8:00pm
2/22 @ Cleveland 8:00pm
2/24 @ Miami 7:30pm
2/25 @ New Orleans 8:00pm
2/27 @ Orlando 7:00pm
3/01 @ Boston 1:00pm
3/03 vs Denver 7:30pm

The way they are playing now, I see a 2-5 or 1-6 unless they really get their act together.

While our next 7 is not the easiest, we definately have more winnable games...

vs Chicago
vs Cleveland
vs Denver
at Dallas
at NO
vs Washington
vs New Jersey
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Time to Eye the 7th Spot? 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 am

I see three wins at best for us (either Chicago or New Orleans and Washington and New Jersey.) Didn't realize how brutal that stretch for Detroit is though, average those teams' combined records and they would average 57 wins per season.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#3 » by paul » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 am

Huge stretch of games. If we can go 4-3 or even 5-2 we could be in the 7th seed after that stretch, I can't see the pistons winning more than 2 - and that could be a stretch.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#4 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:21 am

If these proposed trades go through the Bucks are not going anywhere....

Wait until after the deadline. No team needs a shakeup like the Pistons and there is hardly no talk about them at all. They have quit the minute Chauncey Billups was traded to Denver.

Worse move Dumars has made since drafting Milicic over Carmelo. This team need to make a move.

But if the Bulls get Stoudemire or Bosh, and the Cavs Jamison or the Nets get the trades proposed to them, we fall even further down to say nothing of Toronto's improvements.

Worry about today...
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#5 » by Cold Crush 24 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:45 pm

I can see us going 4-3 in the next 7. This team seems to play well against Dallas and has the capability to beat Chicago and Washington. I would love to see us route the Nets too. If they deal Carter for T-Mac that is definately a possible.
Finals in 2017
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#6 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm really hoping the Nets send Carter out for cap relief thus ending their "run" this year.

The next couple days will be interesting.

Its definitely nice to have some enthusiasm on this board instead of everyone complaining this is a 8th seed team at best.

If we can hold on to make the playoffs and have Bogut return right at the end of the season, then Skiles should have a parade thrown for him for the work he's done here.
VanillaSky
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by VanillaSky » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:If these proposed trades go through the Bucks are not going anywhere....

Wait until after the deadline. No team needs a shakeup like the Pistons and there is hardly no talk about them at all. They have quit the minute Chauncey Billups was traded to Denver.

Worse move Dumars has made since drafting Milicic over Carmelo. This team need to make a move.

But if the Bulls get Stoudemire or Bosh, and the Cavs Jamison or the Nets get the trades proposed to them, we fall even further down to say nothing of Toronto's improvements.

Worry about today...

With coach Skiles, the Bucks will always be going somewhere, we will be in the chase for the playoffs regardless who we trade or don't trade, the players who suit up for Skiles will play their asses off, that was the best defense i've seen this team play in years last night. Go Bucks! and Yes the 7th seed is do-able.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#8 » by aboveAverage » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:14 pm

The Bucks will compete, but I cannot predict any wins with this depleted team. We're not in that position. I just hope the Bucks play hard and hopefully they win some games.
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#9 » by blueedwards » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:22 pm

MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:If these proposed trades go through the Bucks are not going anywhere....

Worry about today...

I see the Nets will probably unload Carter to Houston. Probably Artest and Battier.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#10 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm

I don't think 7/8 really matters. We'd get manhandled by either Boston or Cleveland. Orlando would be a better matchup for us with Nelson out for the year, and them relying heavily on the 3 point shot. So unless we get the 6 seed, I am preparing for an absolutely brutal series.
PaBuck
Sophomore

Post#11 » by PaBuck » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:28 pm

I also feel that the Bucks with Skiles have a solid shot at the playoffs. That is why the Bucks must be careful making a team damaging trade right now. Don't get me wrong! A trade advantageous to the Bucks' future is good. However, giving up this solid run for the playoffs by disrupting current team chemistry for a little cap space and dead wood is ridiculous. Also, with the return of Bogut, whom I feel will help RJ's game, could take us to that 7th spot. Go Bucks! A little fun is better than none!
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#12 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Call me crazy, but I think the Bucks could get the 5th seed if Bogut returns in early April.

The Bucks have 5 more losses then Miami, and 4 more losses then Philadelphia and Detroit, but then the Bucks have also played 4 more games total then all of those teams. If the Bucks can keep pace now, there is a chance that they could catch and pass all three, in April.

The Bucks differential for the season is +0.4. That is better than Miami (+0.1) and Detroit (-0.5) and only a little worse than Philadelphia (+1.0). And, we all know why Phily is so good all of a sudden? Yep, it's because they are final playing Royal Ivey.

Anyway, it's going to be close, if the Bucks stand pat for whatever reason. But, trading Ridnour wouldn't affect it in my opinion.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#13 » by Bernman » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 pm

trwi7 wrote:I see three wins at best for us (either Chicago or New Orleans and Washington and New Jersey.) Didn't realize how brutal that stretch for Detroit is though, average those teams' combined records and they would average 57 wins per season.

Do you understand the concept of a best case scenario? The Bucks will be favored in 3 of the 7 games. In another they'll have a home game against Denver. New Jersey recently beat Denver by 44 at home, the Nuggets are susceptible to laying an egg here and there. I'm certainly not predicting more than 3 wins, but to say they couldn't win more than 3 is preposterous. Even if we end up 3-4, that doesn't mean it was our best case scenario. Just that we played over that span like we normally would.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#14 » by JoeHova » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Fort Minor wrote:Time to Eye the 7th Spot?

I think it's premature to do that. The Bucks are missing their leading scorer, rebounder, passer, shot blocker and stealer (that's not ideal, not sure what to call it). I'm just going to enjoy what the team is doing right now and not try to encumber a greivously short-handed team with excessive expectations. Even if they don't make the playoffs, if the guys they have now play as well down the stretch as they have in these past 4 games, I think it will be a successful season.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#15 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Sure, why not. It feels like someone threw this season into a blender anyways and no one knows what's going to come out.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#16 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:26 pm

It's important that we face Lebron in the first round. Otherwise, they'll put our series on NBATV and I'll have to change my cable plan just to watch it. Worst case is matching up with the Magic - that's on NBATV for sure.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Fight the Tank » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:28 pm

adamcz wrote:It's important that we face Lebron in the first round. Otherwise, they'll put our series on NBATV and I'll have to change my cable plan just to watch it. Worst case is matching up with the Magic - that's on NBATV for sure.

Yep that would suck. I was so mad two years ago when they threw us on NBATV in the playoffs. Makes sense though since nobody in the NBA even knows we exist.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#18 » by europa » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:30 pm

If Hammond can figure out a way to shave salary off for next year while keeping RJ I think the Bucks could make a run at the 6th seed. They're certainly within striking distance.
Nothing will not break me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks