ImageImage

What if?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BenchCoach
Freshman
And1: 0

What if? 

Post#1 » by BenchCoach » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:09 pm

OK, we all know the situation the Bucks are in with very little cap room come this offseason. Now, a couple things need to happen for my question to be answered. One is the Bucks could be stuck with Jefferson and his contract. Teams know the situation were in and may not make a trade unless we give them something extra back in return... which Hammond may not do... Two the other thing that needs to happen is the Bucks would have to miss the playoffs... which could also happen...

Now lets pretend the Bucks miss the playoffs and enter the lottery again! What happens if we were to get a top 2 pick??? We all know the Bucks get screwed in the draft everytime a great player comes out...

Would we...
A: Trade the pick and miss out on getting a guy like Griffin because we may be at risk of not making any other moves with the limited cap room? We need to fill our roster somehow... Keep Sessions who will get atleast 4 million the first year... That leaves us with what a couple mil to play with.

OR

B: Let Sessions and or CV walk and keep the pick?

So if this was to happen which way would you want the Bucks to go? the only reason I ask is alot of guys/girls are pretty high on him in here...
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: What if? 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:12 pm

The scenario is too depressing to really even think about. I think getting a top 3 pick would be the only thing I could see Kohl changing his mind on the luxury tax with.

If he was still against the tax, we would have to let Sessions walk, or hope for some miracle trade like Ridnour to a team with a lot of cap room for a $1M scrub or something (unlikely as hell).

But most likely this team will be in the lottery, so it does have a slight chance of happening.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#3 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:13 pm

I like threads predicated on a .03% chance. If we were Chicago or New York I guess we could talk.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,346

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 pm

We have existing threads where various what/if scenerios are being discussed.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks