ImageImage

Childress to visit Bucks tomorrow (7/2)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: Childress to visit Bucks tomorrow (7/2) 

Post#61 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:50 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Its important to protect your insider or you won't get information anymore.

So take your own advice and be nice to bro, sis. No hogging the bathroom for inordinate amounts of time.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#62 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:51 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:He'd have to hold off Alexander, etc., for the job, but I would assume Childress would win that starting job.

That would be pretty difficult. :wink:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#63 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:54 am

Bernman wrote:
Hammond errr Europa REALLY likes Carl Landry to the point he's willing to get lowballed to acquire him. He told me last night.

Sessions/Jennings/Stoudamire
Redd/CB42/Meeks
Childress/M&M
Landry/Ilyasova
Bogut/Amir/Gadz

Hammond errr Europa and I have differing philosophies when it comes to team building. His should accomplish his goal of winning 40-45 games though.

His insider contact is good....no wonder europa goes to such great lengths to protect him.

I'd be a huge fan of adding Landry to that. I still don't like Redd on that roster (I feel like I have to constantly say that) and still would rather not have Salim Stoudamire, but I'd be big fans of Bogut, Landry, Ilyasova, Childress, Mbah A Moute, Sessions, Jennings, Bell, Meeks, and even Amir.

How exactly are we acquiring Landry? I see Ridnour, Kurt Thomas, and Bowen aren't on the roster anymore in your scenario, but what is Houston getting that makes them want to trade us Landry?
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#64 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:57 am

Give me Childress at 6 mil per over Sessions now that we have Jennings, or CV at 7 per any day, Childress is an intelligent guy(Stanford), solid citizen, and plays SF- a position I wouldn't pay big $ unless I had Lebron or Carmelo. At 26 I think he's just young enough to sign for 5 prime years. Need glue players now at SF and SG with Jennings then a stud PF in the lottery next year to pair with Bogut. What about Alexander to Atl along with Sessions?

Childress/Moute
Amir/Moute
Bogut
Jennings/FA
FA/Meeks
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#65 » by raferfenix » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:58 am

I can see a Landry for Kurt Thomas trade going down---Rockets are real desperate for help at center.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#66 » by Ayt » Thu Jul 2, 2009 12:59 am

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Childress. He's a very limited player.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#67 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:02 am

If you're a Berri fan, you'd be pretty optimistic about the 2009-10 Bucks if they brought back Sessions and signed Childress, while remaining somewhat healthy. Childress was the tops wins produced guy on the Hawks in 2007-08 (9.8), and Sessions/Bogut/Redd were projected for 30 last year with health.

Like I said, as long as the deal is reasonable and it's paired with Sessions and not in place of him, I'd like this deal.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#68 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:02 am

More Bang For The Bucks wrote:Give me Childress at 6 mil per over Sessions now that we have Jennings, or CV at 7 per any day, Childress is an intelligent guy(Stanford), solid citizen, and plays SF- a position I wouldn't pay big $ unless I had Lebron or Carmelo. At 26 I think he's just young enough to sign for 5 prime years. Need glue players now at SF and SG with Jennings then a stud PF in the lottery next year to pair with Bogut. What about Alexander to Atl along with Sessions?

Childress/Moute
Amir/Moute
Bogut
Jennings/FA
FA/Meeks

Alexander and Sessions for Childress? Six Million a year? Have you ever actually seen him play? Sessions alone will be a more valuable player this year. He must be one hell of a solid citizen because he couldn't earn that money playing basketball.

Three years, 14 mil at the most.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#69 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:04 am

This would we be a decent pick up(depending on the price tag) if JH was thinking about moving redd.

My biggest fear of moving Redd would be theirs nothing on the market at SG. I know were not going to be a contender, but i'm sure JH still has plans for some type of a playoff push.

I'd be okay with the MLE for two years
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#70 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:04 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
Bernman wrote:
Hammond errr Europa REALLY likes Carl Landry to the point he's willing to get lowballed to acquire him. He told me last night.

Sessions/Jennings/Stoudamire
Redd/CB42/Meeks
Childress/M&M
Landry/Ilyasova
Bogut/Amir/Gadz

Hammond errr Europa and I have differing philosophies when it comes to team building. His should accomplish his goal of winning 40-45 games though.

His insider contact is good....no wonder europa goes to such great lengths to protect him.

I'd be a huge fan of adding Landry to that. I still don't like Redd on that roster (I feel like I have to constantly say that) and still would rather not have Salim Stoudamire, but I'd be big fans of Bogut, Landry, Ilyasova, Childress, Mbah A Moute, Sessions, Jennings, Bell, Meeks, and even Amir.

How exactly are we acquiring Landry? I see Ridnour, Kurt Thomas, and Bowen aren't on the roster anymore in your scenario, but what is Houston getting that makes them want to trade us Landry?

You forgot Potsie and Elson.

The deal Hammond, errrrr Europa, approved last night was Alexander/KT/Elson for Landry/Cook. I insisted on Houston including a lotto protected 2010 1st however. As for you I know you wanted to Stepien our future picks with Redd, so I doubt the pick would be a road block with you. However, knowing your history, you may not like the aspect of Hammond wasting more of Kohl's money like with the partially ng'ed deals instead of Wally Z. We'd be paying Cook 3.5 million to pick up splinters on the bench.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#71 » by msiris » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:07 am

Why bother? Childress does nothing for me.
Ride the tank
Bernman
RealGM

Post#72 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:08 am

trwi7 wrote:If Sessions is S&T'd for Childress or Childress is signed in favor of Sessions, I'm done.

What could end my fandom with this team officially is trading the 2010 1st for a non star in the hopes of winning a couple more games now.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#73 » by europa » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:09 am

:D

Just to be clear, I've been touting Childress before Hammond took the job. This is a guy I've wanted the Bucks to pursue for the past few years. I like him. He's not a superstar. He's just a guy who helps you win because he does so many of the right things. I like him for many of the same reasons I like Battier. He's a terrific glue guy. He shoots well, plays smart and will defend.

And I do not believe Childress coming means Sessions is going. A S&T with the Hawks for Childress makes a ton of sense. The Hawks need depth in the frontcourt and at PG. The Bucks can combine Bowen with either Elson, Thomas or Ridnour to get a deal done for Childress. The Bucks get the SF they like and the Hawks get some help for one year without taxing themselves financially in the long run because the player(s) they acquire will have expiring deals.
Nothing will not break me.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#74 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:09 am

do you guys think ATL would eat charlie bells contract
Sessions and bell

for childress?
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#75 » by Siefer » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:12 am

I like Childress, but not at the expense of Sessions. To keep Sessions and add Childress, I'd think we'd need to clear a bit more salary. I'd love a S%T deal for something like Thomas/Ridnour. Make it happen Hammond.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#76 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:13 am

I wouldn't go over MLE for Childress and would probably prefer less than that. Two-year deal would be ideal here, don't know if he'd go for that or not. But I think:

Sessions/Jennings
Redd/Bell/Meeks
Childress/Alexander
LRMAM/Johnson/Ilyasova
Bogut/Elson/Gadzuric

Is likely an upgrade over last years team. Definitely better defensively.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#77 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:14 am

does anyone know what Josh is getting paid over seas?
DanoMac wrote:

Bernman
RealGM

Post#78 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:16 am

I haven't done the math yet, but I don't know how we won't be up against the luxury tax again next offseason if we're trading all the expirings and partially ng'ed contracts for multi-year deals.
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#79 » by pasting_monkeys » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:18 am

Get it done Hammond!

I've wanted Childress here for years. He is in the Battier mold of role player, this guy will win us games.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#80 » by mcfromage » Thu Jul 2, 2009 1:20 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:does anyone know what Josh is getting paid over seas?

20 million over 3 years.

If we could pull off Elson/Bowen or Ridnour/Bowen for Childress I'd be thrilled because as Europa writes, he's the kind of guy you want on a winning squad. But to be honest a part of me would be disappointed that JA would probably be seeing a lot fewer minutes.

Also, what's up with the Bucks apparent love of American players that have bucked trends to play in Europe?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks