ImageImage

Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions (also Greece)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions (also Greece) 

Post#81 » by Joana » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:41 am

The Olympiacos interest is old news. Wasn't there a thread about that? It was published a week ago in a Greek site; republished in another European basketball sites, e.g.: http://www.talkbasket.net/news/raymond- ... -list.html

Anyway, I'd take this with a grain of salt. This off-season Olympiacos has already been rumoured to be interested on Ron Artest, Ben Gordon, Anthony Parker, Raymond Felton, Ramon Sessions... and I think I'm forgetting someone.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#82 » by andonewheel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:43 am

I can't imagine Europe being a better long-term financial option for Sessions than playing for the QO then trying again next year. He still needs to prove himself more in the NBA and going to Europe wouldn't help him when he came back to the NBA.
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#83 » by RamonSessions » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:43 am

Joana wrote:The Olympiacos interest is old news. Wasn't there a thread about that? It was published a week ago in a Greek site; republished in another European basketball sites, e.g.: http://www.talkbasket.net/news/raymond- ... -list.html

Anyway, I'd take this with a grain of salt. This off-season Olympiacos has already been rumoured to be interested on Ron Artest, Ben Gordon, Anthony Parker, Raymond Felton, Ramon Sessions... and I think I'm forgetting someone.

Nate Robinson, listed in the Wiretap Article, if that's not the one, then add another onto the list.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Re: Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions 

Post#84 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:00 am

El Duderino wrote:
carmelbrownqueen wrote:Woelfel just stated on his twitter account that the scuttlebutt is that the Pacers are interested in Sessions.

They need to sign a white PG instead so that if Granger ever gets hurt, they might throw an all white starting five on to the court.

I know Travis Diener might not consider himself to be white, but doesn't he still count?

LUKE23 wrote:Can Indy offer more than MLE for Ramon?

Nope.

And they don't even have their entire MLE.
I'll have to double check this, but it is my understanding that they have offered Dahntay Jones a 4 year $11 mil contract. That would consume between $2.4 mil and $2.5 mil of their MLE, at least. Unless they have a DPE I am unaware of.

andonewheel wrote:Nate would seem to be preferable for Europe cuz of his dunk contest history and the oddity factor of being a short dude who can jump and score.

Stay away from Sessions!!!

Nate needs to be signed by a French team. They can have him wearing a Napolean uniform during starting lineups. Maybe even have him ride into the arena on a white miniature horse.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#85 » by Joana » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:01 am

RamonSessions wrote:Nate Robinson, listed in the Wiretap Article, if that's not the one, then add another onto the list.

I also forgot Nate, but it was someone else.

andonewheel wrote:I can't imagine Europe being a better long-term financial option for Sessions than playing for the QO then trying again next year. He still needs to prove himself more in the NBA and going to Europe wouldn't help him when he came back to the NBA.

I agree. In theory, next off-season the market would be better for him, but going to Europe is too much of a risk, especially considering there's a good chance he won't adapt.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Re: Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions 

Post#86 » by RamonSessions » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:02 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
andonewheel wrote:Nate would seem to be preferable for Europe cuz of his dunk contest history and the oddity factor of being a short dude who can jump and score.

Stay away from Sessions!!!

Nate needs to be signed by a French team. They can have him wearing a Napolean uniform during starting lineups. Maybe even have him ride into the arena on a white miniature horse.

:rofl:
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#87 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Get him signed John.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#88 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Clippers in the mix for Sessions if AI doesn't sign

nba.com

One source with knowledge of the team's intentions said that Iverson was not the only player the Clippers were approaching. They also spoke with representatives for Milwaukee guard Ramon Sessions, as well as Indiana's Jarrett Jack, before Jack signed an offer sheet with the Toronto Raptors, in their pursuit of a backup point. Another source said that Coach Mike Dunleavy needed some assurances from Iverson's camp that he could accept a reserve role before getting completely behind the pursuit of Iverson.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#89 » by RamonSessions » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Ramon is going to pull a Charlie Bell when we match his LAC contract and he moves from Blake to Ersan.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#90 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Clippers don't have over MLE, so that would be fine with me if they signed him to an offer sheet.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#91 » by Newz » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Interesting that they are trying to sign him to play back-up point.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#92 » by MajorDad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm

if the bucks are interested in winning this year verses tanking, an interesting scenario could involve Andre miller. he wanted a 3 year $30 million. philly offered him 1 year at $6 million. if the bucks had $5.5 million available for Childress, they should have $6 million for miller for 1 year and they wouldn't have to worry about Sessions. philly is also talking about listening to possible sign and trade deals. I doubt they consider a ridnour for Miller sign and trade deal. but they are also saying good bye to Dalembert. Don't the bucks have a pf/c they could give to 76ers to make them happy and take Miller off their hands ?

a dream trade of ridnour and allen or elson for Miller, or how about gadz and sessions in a sign and trade for miller. gadz and ridnour for miller would be a bit too optimistic to even dream about.

That is of course if the bucks want to win a few games this year. if not, then stand pat.

i wouldn't mind signing Dalembert.

why would the bucks want Miller ? Why do i want the bucks to want Miller? i think he'd be an outstanding mentor to jennings. And despite jennings ' summer league success, I' m reminded of bayliss ' fantastic summer league success last year. I like jennings. i just don't believe he's quite ready to explode on the scene just yet. having a guy like miller start out the year and then fade into the background is almost exactly what the bulls did last year with rose. and that worked out pretty well.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#93 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:17 pm

MajorDad wrote:if the bucks are interested in winning this year verses tanking, an interesting scenario could involve Andre miller. he wanted a 3 year $30 million. philly offered him 1 year at $6 million. if the bucks had $5.5 million available for Childress, they should have $6 million for miller for 1 year and they wouldn't have to worry about Sessions.

We can't offer Miller that kind of money without doing a S&T. The MLE is only $5.854 mil and we've actually used a small portion of it already to sign Jodie Meeks.
97-98

MajorDad
Banned User

Post#94 » by MajorDad » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm

if the bucks did a sign and trade for miller, and then forgot about sessions, how high could they go? say using ridnour or gadz as part of the sign and trade ?
blueedwards
Banned User

Post#95 » by blueedwards » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:26 pm

MajorDad wrote:if the bucks are interested in winning this year verses tanking, an interesting scenario could involve Andre miller. he wanted a 3 year $30 million. philly offered him 1 year at $6 million. if the bucks had $5.5 million available for Childress, they should have $6 million for miller for 1 year and they wouldn't have to worry about Sessions. philly is also talking about listening to possible sign and trade deals. I doubt they consider a ridnour for Miller sign and trade deal. but they are also saying good bye to Dalembert. Don't the bucks have a pf/c they could give to 76ers to make them happy and take Miller off their hands ?

a dream trade of ridnour and allen or elson for Miller, or how about gadz and sessions in a sign and trade for miller. gadz and ridnour for miller would be a bit too optimistic to even dream about.

That is of course if the bucks want to win a few games this year. if not, then stand pat.

i wouldn't mind signing Dalembert.

why would the bucks want Miller ? Why do i want the bucks to want Miller? i think he'd be an outstanding mentor to jennings. And despite jennings ' summer league success, I' m reminded of bayliss ' fantastic summer league success last year. I like jennings. i just don't believe he's quite ready to explode on the scene just yet. having a guy like miller start out the year and then fade into the background is almost exactly what the bulls did last year with rose. and that worked out pretty well.
76ers dont want Ridnour or Gadz for Miller. They want something good in return.
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#96 » by Scoops » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:04 pm

GOBsaysCOMEON wrote:
DH34Phan wrote:I wonder how the Hammond optimists spin losing both CV and Ramon for nothing, which it looks like could easily happen.

It is a bit hard to sell a rebuilding process when you don't keep your young talent.

Except neither of them are that talented. Talented enough to keep us at about 35 wins but not talented enough to ever lead us to 50 wins. Wouldn't it be better to let them go ensuring a better lottery pick and more PT for our PG of the future rather than just missing the playoffs and ending up with the 10th pick again?

Then the next year we have a core of BJ/Top 3 Pick/Bogut that hopefully can take us somewhere.

Let him go, John. Let him go.
Go Bucks!
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#97 » by RamonSessions » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Scoops wrote:Except neither of them are that talented. Talented enough to keep us at about 35 wins but not talented enough to ever lead us to 50 wins. Wouldn't it be better to let them go ensuring a better lottery pick and more PT for our PG of the future rather than just missing the playoffs and ending up with the 10th pick again?

Then the next year we have a core of BJ/Top 3 Pick/Bogut that hopefully can take us somewhere.

No, John. No. Ramon/Brandon combo, along with speaking to Hammond via RealGM FTW.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#98 » by DH34Phan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Scoops wrote:
GOBsaysCOMEON wrote:
DH34Phan wrote:I wonder how the Hammond optimists spin losing both CV and Ramon for nothing, which it looks like could easily happen.

It is a bit hard to sell a rebuilding process when you don't keep your young talent.

Except neither of them are that talented. Talented enough to keep us at about 35 wins but not talented enough to ever lead us to 50 wins. Wouldn't it be better to let them go ensuring a better lottery pick and more PT for our PG of the future rather than just missing the playoffs and ending up with the 10th pick again?

If they didn't have plans to re-sign them, which is a legitimate position, he should have traded them at the Trade Deadline. Bogut and Redd were already out for the season.

There was absolutely no reason to keep CV and Ramon and develop them for the Pistons and whoever for an extra half of a season.

We could of at the very least gotten picks in the 2010 Draft which is apparently pretty deep.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#99 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:59 am

MajorDad wrote:if the bucks did a sign and trade for miller, and then forgot about sessions, how high could they go? say using ridnour or gadz as part of the sign and trade ?

125% plus $100k of the salary we'd send out.
So with your Ridnour example, if we traded him for a S&T'd Andre Miller, Miller could get a 09-10 salary as high as $8.225 mil.

Whetehr the Sixers would do that is a separate topic :)
97-98

RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#100 » by RamonSessions » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am

Hammond is calling Chubby Wells bluff.

An S&T better be damn good of an offer for us to just dump Ramon, I don't doubt we match any offers...hope something gets done soon, though.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks