ImageImage

Bucks/Nuggets Postgame (Edit- 2010 Thread being bumped)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

dunhill
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Bucks/Nuggets Postgame 

Post#381 » by dunhill » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Team responds to adversity that's what impresses me so much. Bad game against the Clippers and then coming back with two solid wins against a team they should beat and a championship contender. I really hate to keep on harping on it but in previous seasons this team would've gone one good win followed by two or three horrific losses. Even earlier this season close games were almost always losses - now I'm starting to think this team can and will win most games decided by less than 5 points
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#382 » by Neapolitan Buck » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:58 pm

I think this is the best effort I've ever seen in my life by the Bucks...playing at this level of intensity against one of the best offences of the league, at a mile of altitude, 24 hours after a double-overtime win and a night travel. We limited them to 66 points in the finale 3 quarters, in Denver. We did an awesome job on Anthony, we were simply outstanding. This team is fun to watch, I'm really proud of this team.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#383 » by Sigra » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Stopshere2 wrote: Come on, lads, enjoy the present and near-future.

I know, we should all be friends right? After all we are all Bucks fans right?

Tell me, how is that diferent than last summer? Last summer we were all also Bucks fans. But we were not all friends. Some of us Bucks fans enjoyed present and near-future last summer. But we were atacked and called idiots. Why we couldn't all just be friends then? After all we were all Bucks fans?

Look, people make mistakes all the time. I made mistake when I was upset and I was then Bulls fan for 2 weeks. But the diference is that I DID APOLOGY for that. I said "I apology for that". This guys don't do that. Yes they admit they were wrong. But they don't apology. Insteed they are still arogant bullies that they used to be during summer. And they now have "it is because Redd was injured" bull :lol:

Redd being injured is BAD thing for this franchise because healthy Redd would help a lot. He just started to do that in his last 3 games. But injured Redd was indeed problem and was hurting this team when he played. So yes we are better when we don't give big minutes to injured player. Duh. But Redd was healthy before season and nobody expected that he would get minutes to play injured. People eather expect Redd to get new injury (and therefore not play at all) or people expected him to be healthy. We all made our predictions based on that. Redd playing injured was never part of equation because he never did that in his career.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#384 » by Sigra » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:14 pm

BTW, this is not place to show hapines. I am happy and that is in my heart. This is place for discussion not for being happy. I can be happy like never before (I am) and I can still discuss hard with those who deserve that.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#385 » by Nebula1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Not sure what really happened here, but I haven't watched the game yet and I'm about to. It's fun when you know a W is at the end. What a nice win. Next up, revenge against ATL.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#386 » by 4xBuck » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Amazing this team won with the refs taking Bogut out of the game.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#387 » by paul » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:20 pm

El Duderino wrote:
BLKOUT wrote:
El Duderino wrote:He played 45 minutes the night before, flew about 1200-1400 miles right after the game, and like 12 hours later was back on the court. That kind of stuff happens in the NBA in situations like the Bucks faced, especially with guys who go 270-275.

True but so did all the other guys in the starting five. Obviously they're not as big as Bogut and don't have the injury history but I was more concerned with the lack of effort than anything. He's usually pretty good on back to backs (14/10/2 blocks for the season).

I'm surprised that more bigs in the NBA don't simply break down from the grinding NBA schedule, especially among bigs that are on consistent playoff teams. These 6'11-7' 250-300 plus pound NBA bigs are truly elite athletes. I was friends for awhile with a guy who was 6'10 or 6'11 and he had to go at least 250 pounds. He had a job where he only had to stand a lot and he'd say how it affected his legs, feet, and back. These guys in the NBA bang into each other all game along with running up and down the court. That has to put incredible stress on their legs, feet, and back.

Yea i understand they are getting paid huge money to perform each night, but that doesn't magically make the body aches to just go away. Thus, they are going to have games with lesser energy.

As if on cue to back up your point it's revealed that Bynum will miss at least 6 games with yet another injury, an achilles strain. Not celebrating the fact in any way nor do I want to jinx Bogut but our Andrew has now played around 50 more games than Bynum and rising in exactly the same amount of time in the league, and some call Bogut injury prone....

Nebula1 wrote:Not sure what really happened here, but I haven't watched the game yet and I'm about to. It's fun when you know a W is at the end. What a nice win. Next up, revenge against ATL.

Enjoy Neb, you're in for a treat other than the reffing early.

Stopshere2 wrote:Looks like I missed a terrific, hard-fought game. Great legit win!

I enjoyed the glowing comments of the first half dozen pages of this thread before it descended into an unreadable pissing contest. Come on, lads, enjoy the present and near-future.

Not sure why people are so down it, everyone seems to be greatly enjoying posting on it telling the people involved off :wink:
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#388 » by Nebula1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Refs are useless anyway. Looking forward to it. Seriously, let's just drop the whole "fouling out" thing. Anyway.

I'm sure I will bring a golden brick back to the board after I finish it.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#389 » by chuckleslove » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Still pumped up about this Bucks win the next morning, been feeling a lot of that lately. Absolutely cannot wait to get back down to the BC tomorrow and join the rest of Squad 6 welcoming the Bucks back home.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#390 » by trwi7 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:57 pm

THE DINJ wrote:The NBA.com highlights are ridiculous. About 70% Anthony highlights. "Oh, and the Bucks won."

"Carmelo Anthony had a big night."

Yeah, if 29 points on 29 shots is a big night I guess you could say that. Maybe they were talking about his 2 assists and 4 turnovers though. :dontknow:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#391 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Wait, they won?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#392 » by Max Green » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Props to Kurt Thomas ,who played really well last night. He played big minutes in the third and pretty much the entire 4th quarter. Glad John decided to keep him last night.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#393 » by chuckleslove » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:26 pm

MVP4Champ wrote:Props to Kurt Thomas ,who played really well last night. He played big minutes in the third and pretty much the entire 4th quarter. Glad John decided to keep him last night.

:o
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#394 » by Nebula1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Actually, I've been behind and I just finished the Sacramento game. That was awesome. Ersan and Mbah a Moute were tough as hell. Salmons with the bank. Some beautiful passes from Jennings. All around good stuff.

Now that Evans appears fine, I can safely say I very much enjoyed Ersan knocking him out of the game.

On to the Nuggets game...

This is some good Sunday morning watchin.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#395 » by Newz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Moute proves why we need more legit bigs in the future. His versatility on the defensive end is unbelievable, he was great on Melo down the stretch. We need to be able to have him available to guard any position at the end of the game.

Quiet night from Bogut. Props to Skiles for going with what was working... Bogut just couldn't stay out of foul trouble and thus looked like he had a hard time getting into the flow of the game.

Jennings wasn't anything special tonight. He 'Duhoned' it tonight, as Ayt would say. ;) Just smart decisions and ran the team, understood other guys were getting it done so he didn't need to.

Salmons, Delfino and Ersan all played very well.

Kurt Thomas with his best game of the year, IMO.

This may have been the worst officiated game I have seen all season. The calls didn't really go against either team, they were all bad.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#396 » by Nebula1 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:01 pm

We got some really big benefits from the refs in Sacramento. Jennings absolutely dragged his foot on that Salmons 3 and Bogut travelled on that dunk. I guess they were getting even in Denver.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#397 » by Newz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Nebula1 wrote:We got some really big benefits from the refs in Sacramento. Jennings absolutely dragged his foot on that Salmons 3 and Bogut travelled on that dunk. I guess they were getting even in Denver.

I think the officiating was just bad overall in that game too.

Evans was going Adrian Peterson on our bigs and getting away with it, our guys also got away with the questionable things you list above.

Bottom line, NBA officiating = Bad.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#398 » by WEFFPIM » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Can I just say how annoying it is to see people here become whiny little dopes on other boards? The general board, Denver board, Toronto board, Sacramento board, etc. There's one or two people I see post on those boards that don't even post here. We have a good group of people here on this board. Now that the Bucks are winning, it's like some feel the need to come to the immediate defense of this team whenever someone has a differing opinion. Grow up.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#399 » by wichmae » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:25 pm

I totally agree WEFFPIM. Some Bucks fans are becoming Toronto like board trolls...
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#400 » by crkone » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:28 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:Can I just say how annoying it is to see people here become whiny little dopes on other boards? The general board, Denver board, Toronto board, Sacramento board, etc. There's one or two people I see post on those boards that don't even post here. We have a good group of people here on this board. Now that the Bucks are winning, it's like some feel the need to come to the immediate defense of this team whenever someone has a differing opinion. Grow up.

Tell em dad. Send them in timeout. ;)

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks