Image Image Image Image

Game 6: Rematch: Bring yer Sweet Tea

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Game 6: Rematch: Bring yer Sweet Tea 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:41 am

Home stand over with tremendous results.... Our first 5 games were not a good indication of how balanced and insanely tough the league is, so these next few should tell us where we really stand. Expect Rinne to have his A game tomorrow and then the Blues to play like a game 7.... It's gonna be brutal!!

Prediction: Carcillo a 5 min major!

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Game 6: Rematch: Bring yer Sweet Tea 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 pm

I doubt it will be this game, but the biggest thing I'm looking forward to coming up is seeing Darling get a sot. I know nothing about him, but if he's as good as you said at AHL level, then I want to see if that translates to the big time.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 pm

NHL/com just did a big write up basically stealing what I've been saying about fearing the preds lol.... They steal everything from me :)!

U know its funny bc 2 years ago he was basically a bust.... He was a top 5-6 goalie prospect in 07' and why not he is 6'6-232!! But his form was really lacking not taking advantage of his frame... But woa last year he just flipped a switch and in the last 23 starts and 28 total over last 2 seasons he has a GAA under 2 and save around .940 in the AHL... That's pretty impressive. He is a Chicago native and he has to feel good about being home.

Crawford - Raanta - darling it's not a bad group considering we really don't take goalies high in draft position.... Curious to see how Demko turns out (highest thought of goalie in 6-7 years)...

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by TNBT » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:57 am

GRADEN wrote:NHL/com just did a big write up basically stealing what I've been saying about fearing the preds lol.... They steal everything from me :)!

U know its funny bc 2 years ago he was basically a bust.... He was a top 5-6 goalie prospect in 07' and why not he is 6'6-232!! But his form was really lacking not taking advantage of his frame... But woa last year he just flipped a switch and in the last 23 starts and 28 total over last 2 seasons he has a GAA under 2 and save around .940 in the AHL... That's pretty impressive. He is a Chicago native and he has to feel good about being home.

Crawford - Raanta - darling it's not a bad group considering we really don't take goalies high in draft position.... Curious to see how Demko turns out (highest thought of goalie in 6-7 years)...

Plus we've got that former Flyers goalie... whatever his name is... Leighton or something?

The fact that he's got plenty of NHL experience and yet they passed over him and gave Darling the job gives me a lot of confidence in Darling's potential.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by TNBT » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:58 am

Oh, and we're down 2-1 at the end of the 2nd period. Here's hoping for a comeback!
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#6 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:22 am

TNBT wrote:Oh, and we're down 2-1 at the end of the 2nd period. Here's hoping for a comeback!

Frustrating game. We have been pretty sharp with the puck on offense, just cannot score. Raanta giving up rebounds is hurting him tonight, but he's been relatively solid otherwise. You were right GRADEN, he got some lucky breaks the other night. Starting to get more chances but coming up empty
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#7 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:23 am

There we go!!
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#8 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Preds are really good.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#9 » by GRADEN » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Told you guys... I'm really good at reading the goalies and the flyer game was just a speed less playing the 45 / boards team and thus he didn't get burned.... His glove is lacking guys... Watch him relax glove side down with a swinging behind the head snap... Coaches teach straight bend snaps to maximize motion quickness.... It's troubling.... And yes as I said weeks ago... Preds real good

Why the heck did 2 teams give up on Neal in his prime... I mean he is a younger Sharpie if there ever was one... He is only 27!

Return to Chicago Blackhawks