Carcillo back in town

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Carcillo back in town 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Sat Oct 4, 2014 3:55 pm

I commented my surprise the other day when I heard that Dan Carcillo had been given a tryout in camp, then today I read that he's been signed to a one-way contract for this season. I guess with Bollig gone, the team decided they needed some more enforcer power on the roster, and a one-way contract means we can be pretty certain of seeing him with the NHL team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,122

Re: Carcillo back in town 

Post#2 » by molepharmer » Sun Oct 5, 2014 3:19 pm

I've never been a big fan of his hockey skills but apparently he's a good guy in the locker room and does provide a physicality the Hawks could use at times. So I'm okay the signing. On the other hand, it's a little disheartening that with all the young prospect forwards the Hawks have, none of them can provide what Carcillo can provide in a limited role. I clearly must be missing something when looking at his true value.

Once Mashinter gets healthy, I wonder how the ice time will be divided between the two.

Not to get too far off topic...but wasn't one of the Hawks recent draft selections at forward expected to be a bit of an agitator, basically an Andrew Shaw type ?
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:40 am

You mean Hartman? He's supposedly very skilled but also has that tough and abrasive style of game that Shaw does.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,122

Post#4 » by molepharmer » Mon Oct 6, 2014 2:48 pm

TNBT wrote:You mean Hartman? He's supposedly very skilled but also has that tough and abrasive style of game that Shaw does.

That sounds like the guy - too inexperienced to make the jump this year to the big club.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#5 » by GRADEN » Mon Oct 6, 2014 3:36 pm

McNeil is very scrappy, big-bodied... Talent is above average but he has the grit to make it.... Maybe this is who u are thinking of

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to Chicago Blackhawks