GAME 9 - Hawks vs Ducks at the UC

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

GAME 9 - Hawks vs Ducks at the UC 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:42 am

What's everyone thinking for this game? Is Darling in net again, or will Raanta be back?
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: GAME 9 - Hawks vs Ducks at the UC 

Post#2 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Should be a good one. The Ducks are leading the NHL in pts. We can tie them with a win.

Not sure who is getting the start in net. I would love to see Q come back with Darling again, but I doubt it.

Hawks have been an offensive juggernaut leading the league in SOG per game with a ridiculous 38. I fully expect the goal production to soon follow.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Excited... I admit I just haven't found time to watch the sens game.... So I hope I get to see big scott

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#4 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:00 am

Risky call here by Q but I like it. 3:35 to go and he goes 6-4 on the PP. I hope we can get one for the kid. He played so well.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#5 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 am

Tough loss. Getting shut out sucks. Nice game by Darling. Gibson was terrific. These offensive droughts are getting a bit disconcerting.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by GRADEN » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:42 am

So here is my take on darling....

Tracks well, made a 70 ft 7-8 ft high 60mpg catch across his body.... Just wow. Thought his patience was good, stayed well between puck and net and was always aware of movement aka skate left shoot right vice versa..... On the flip side his tendency to leave the cave worries me.... It opens up to easy goals off rebounds. It is a risky move, but a good one if no net traffic and or rebounds. His blockers are superb... I was very impressed... His stick handing is stiff at times though something I fault craw for too. The more I studied darling at all levels I noticed something... He can pass... This is a goalie with an assist in his pro future u heard it here first.

Overall I think he is pretty good, but his north south movement needs discipline. His blockers, esp. His left and right seals are tremendous and u can see the confidence.... I worry about his stick side and back end rebounds but overall my assessment is he is a better option than Raanta due to all that I've mentioned on both goalies....

Tough loss.... Seabs don't sweat it... Long season

Also of note.... Watching c perry.... He is tall but I think McDavid has a little bit of his game... A scorer, but can also make the setup plays in close..... He is like a smaller (btw I think when it's all done he'll be 6'1 200 in a year or so) perry but a little more well rounded in all areas.... Yep u just heard me say a 17 year old is better than a top 30-40 NHL player lol.

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#7 » by GRADEN » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:07 pm

Darcy kuemper has 3 shutouts already! That's crazy.

6 starts... 3 shutouts / 9ga in other 3...

Return to Chicago Blackhawks