GAME 30: Blackhawks @ Islanders 6 PM WGN

Moderator: TNBT

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

GAME 30: Blackhawks @ Islanders 6 PM WGN 

Post#1 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Nick Leddy returns.

Isles have cooled off after the tear they were on. Giving up a ton of goals the last three games. Kyle Okposo has been having some year. Such a great playmaker.

Toews is a go.

Looks like Darling gets the start again, Raanta scheduled to start tomorrow @ home vs Calgary.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: GAME 30: Blackhawks @ Islanders 6 PM WGN 

Post#2 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:26 pm

"It will be a lot of fun. Playing against your buddies is always a good time," Leddy said. "The past few games we haven't had our best games but we're looking to get back on track tonight."

Leddy wasn't sure what to expect as he faces his former team for the first time. But if the way he's handled the challenge of taking on a larger role with the Islanders is any indication, he should be fine.

Leddy's trade on Oct. 4 to the Islanders, who acquired veteran defenseman Johnny Boychuk from the Boston Bruins on the same day, was the centerpiece of a busy offseason for the Islanders. Practically overnight, the 23-year-old went from being a complementary piece on a championship team to a prominent player on a club looking to improve following a disappointing 2013-14 season.

So far he's shined in his new role. Entering the game Saturday, Leddy and Boychuk were tied for the team lead with a plus-7 rating, and Leddy's five goals led all Islanders blueliners. After averaging 16:22 of ice time with Chicago last season, he now plays 20:16 a night for the Islanders, which ranks fourth on the team.

"Every player wants to play more. Every player wants to be in the big situations. That's the type of player I want to be. Hopefully I can keep improving," Leddy said. "I just had some guys [in Chicago] who were very good players in front of me. I took it as a learning experience and learned a lot from those guys."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackha ... api_public
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Re: GAME 30: Blackhawks @ Islanders 6 PM WGN 

Post#3 » by GRADEN » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:17 pm

Yea I knew Leddy would do well there... Great skater, needs to play slower

Tavares is Toews.... Phenomenal player

In my preview I went on a rant about why anyone would trade Halak let along 3 times in a year.... U telling me the caps or blues wouldn't want him... And he is still young..., they prolly said well he is small etc.... Idiots

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to Chicago Blackhawks