Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Chicago trade deadline deals **UPDATED** 

Post#21 » by GRADEN » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:33 pm

Hmmm where to start......

First welcome to our group.

Second Vermette loves AZ and is very sad to leave and in all likely hood will sign back.

Sharp is likely a no touch and the caps just got glencross for a 2nd/3rd and thus out of our conversation. That sucks.

Who would take Bickell? Only if we included a high pick to sweeten perhaps, oh we lost those.

... Our D corps in the prospect bin is slim... U can read my thoughts in the preview.

Look in hockey u are usually an NHLer pretty quick... So these 23-28 year olds that are in between are in limbo because they simply aren't long term core guys for most teams least of all the Hawks.

Timo is a fantastic player... But one almost 40 and hasn't played yet because of blood clots....

This is NOT our final run and anyone here will disagree to the nth degree with u on that.... Toews - Kane - saad - Keith - Seabs - jalmer are all still in the middle of their primes and not going anywhere in terms of taking a step back for 4-5 years. We will be a competitive cup driven team for at least 5 more seasons and likely 6-8 more.

I just made a topic on unequal trades.... These are proof guys. The west is killer and I'm all for swinging for the fences but these guys are not retainable long term they are mere rentals at a high cost

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#22 » by GRADEN » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:58 pm

Totally unrelated

Guys if u r young and unmarried... Pick a woman that doesn't have 3 master carpenters as brothers and a dad in her family. I am an extremely handy guy and can build and fix 99% of anything in a home.... But if ain't perfect and a masterful magazine quality job then let me tell u...... My wife won't be pleased..

So tips for marriage from me to u... Keep ur woman away from Sharp and make sure the men in her family can't even cut paper and you'll be good to go....

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#23 » by GRADEN » Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:29 pm

Yandle to rangers for a lot...... John Moore, Anthony duclair, a 1st and a 2nd (also Rangers get a 4th and summers I think)

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#24 » by GRADEN » Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:30 pm

Yandle a true #1 Dman in his prime at 28 and locked up thru next season so honestly it's a good get

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#25 » by GRADEN » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:44 am

Detroit gets Erik cole just now

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#26 » by GRADEN » Mon Mar 2, 2015 3:34 am

Erixon claimed therefore morin for nothing deal....

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#27 » by GRADEN » Mon Mar 2, 2015 3:35 am

Phoenix really cleaning up guys.... Could rebuild nicely within a year or 2

ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Re: Chicago trade deadline deals **UPDATED** 

Post#28 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:35 am

Stan said he's "not done yet"
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#29 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:37 pm

Ben Smith to San Jose for Andrew Dejardins
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#30 » by GRADEN » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:58 pm

Awful.....

Ben smith is a fantastic kid and excellent locker room guy.

Why do we need to throw in an extra pick for Desjardins whom was an average OHLer than an average AHLer and now a very mediocre NHLer.... He is not that good guys and getting near 30 and in a position where we likely will not have him in the playoff center rotation at all.

We gave up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th... Ben smith, Klas Dahlbeck, and TJ Brennan for a bunch of 20-40 game rentals with zero long term future here. Stan you get an F not only for these but mostly bc u failed to move Sharp.... Did u ask too much? Yes u did. He is tainted goods and not worth a 1st because of this. He is a 2nd and prospect at best in terms of trade value. If u got a 4th for him I'd be happy bc u moved the cap number alone.... F-

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#31 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:38 pm

Ben Smith, aside from being good on the PK has been awful otherwise. He's been in Q's dog house. Desjardins is a UFA. Clearly they're going for broke right now.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#32 » by ADDinChicago » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:39 pm

And it was pretty clear over the weekend Sharpy wasn't going anywhere
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#33 » by TNBT » Tue Mar 3, 2015 12:18 am

I tend to agree with you, G. It's obvious that we're going all-in this season, but outside of Vermette, I'm not too excited about any of these additions. The Smith move in particular was purely a cap move, but I'd rather have us trade for picks/cheap prospects who we can work with to develop, rather than older guys who suck. If we're trading for older guys who can actually contribute (such as Vermette and possibly Timonen) then that's fine, but if it's just to dump salary then at least go after someone who could possibly have a future.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#34 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Mar 3, 2015 12:44 am

The Smith move was a cap move and a move to appease Q.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#35 » by GRADEN » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:29 pm

Acquired: C Antoine Vermette, D Kimmo Timonen, F Andrew Desjardins

Parted with: D Klas Dahlbeck, F Ben Smith, first-round pick in 2015, second-round pick in 2015, conditional fourth-round pick in 2016, conditional seventh-round pick in 2017

That's the official in and out.... With that fourth pick 2016 a likely 95% 3rd as it depends on Vermette playing 50% of our games I believe.... I mean come on guys I know we are all trying to be positive here but look at our recent drafts of guys like Hartman, Scmaltzy, McNeil etc and tell me having those picks wouldn't be better than dumping a little cap and not much mind u.

Vermette will play an important role for the next 20-40 and KT will be a nice 10-12 TOI hopefully in the playoffs but they aren't world beaters for us. The Blues, Sharks, preds, Kings, ducks, wild, or even Canucks aren't that bad this year where they couldn't get hot and take us out... Sadly we are still dependent on two things... Crawford getting hot late and Kane returning at least 90% of his full game for the playoffs.

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#36 » by ADDinChicago » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm glad even more today that Stan Bowman finally stopped holding on to draft picks. All in.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#37 » by GRADEN » Thu Mar 5, 2015 10:36 pm

This is how important those picks are guys....

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal/pl ... em_id=1350

Wow, kid has superb calmness and the skill to back it up

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#38 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Mar 6, 2015 12:04 am

They're not as important when you're trying to win now and the chance of those picks maybe cracking the roster down the road are not as important as what's needed right now.

And when you trade a guy like Sharp, etc. you'll most likely get a pick(s) in return to replenish. 1st round, 7th round, over seas signing, I have faith in Bowman to find something.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#39 » by GRADEN » Fri Mar 6, 2015 2:19 am

No I'm with u on all that.... I just don't think Vermette and timmonen on rentals justified that many or that high... I mean McNeil is looking real good in Rockford right now. He has a mature way about him. Scmaltzy raw talent is obvious too. Hartman could be a mini saad if he keeps it up.... I'm all for "all in" I just don't think we got enough to win a cup with what all we gave up retained us

Are u Stan?

And on Sharp.... Even if one story is true of the 10, I'd dump him for nothing... There is nothing worse than having a plague attacking ur locker room... Again IF true

ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#40 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Mar 6, 2015 10:34 am

It's sounding more and more like the Sharp thing is a lovely fabricated story by 2 sites in the area that think they're "news". Sports Mockery for sure have been perpetuating everything.

I wish I was Stan. I might be able to get a seat at a game again instead of SRO.

And I really think we do have enough now to win a Cup. Especially if Kane is back for the WCF. Especially with how the Preds & Blues have gone in the toilet as late. It's the usual Blues late season collapse and the Preds, despite the record, I never really feared.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks