Saad gooooone! Noooooooooo

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Saad gooooone! Noooooooooo 

Post#21 » by TNBT » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:18 pm

G, I think in some ways adding Dano is like adding a draft pick. He's still only 20 and was a first-rounder who has only improved and developed a good reputation in his couple of seasons so far. I think Anisimov will be a quality player for us as well. I was thinking he was quite a bit older when the trade went down, but he's just turned 27 so he's right in that same age group with Toews and Kane. I'm starting to like the idea of a Toews - Anisimov - Dano - Kruger group of centers, and we also have guys like Shaw and Teravainen who can fill those spots as well if needed.

Basically, I'm still hating that Saad is going to be wearing another teams sweater next season, but as we didn't really have much of an alternative to trading him, I'm ok with Anisimov and Dano coming our way. They're probably our 2nd and 3rd line centers for at least the foreseeable future, and we also added a couple of guys who aren't expected to do much but could surprise us, as well as a draft pick. Overall, it could have been a lot worse for us than what we got.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#22 » by GRADEN » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:21 pm

I'm not seeing Kruger here tomorrow

I'm not seeing Shaw here much longer either, maybe 1 more year

Toews - Anisimov - Tuevo - Dano but whom plays the PK other than Toews, Anisimov is solid but Kruger was "special" on the PK

Rasmussen is a heck of a PK guy, not sure why he didn't get more call ups

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#23 » by TNBT » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:45 pm

What makes you so sure that Kruger and Shaw will go? I really can't see both of them being let go, as it would be crazy to let go of two of our best gritty defensive guys.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#24 » by GRADEN » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:21 pm

Well Kruger is super valuable but Shaw I'm not so sure about

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#25 » by ADDinChicago » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:39 am

Shaw's valuable on his current deal and for playing much bigger than he actually is (he's the opposite of Bickell). I'm sure he could be had for the right price, I just don't think Bowman's out there shopping him.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks