Rumour: big trade coming?

Moderator: TNBT

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Rumour: big trade coming? 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:57 am

Apparently the Hawks are looking to add an impact forward and have "checked in" with Leafs about JvR, and Avs about Landeskog.

So what do you guys think? Do you expect a trade of this magnitude? Do you WANT to see a trade like this?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Rumour: big trade coming? 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Apparently we're also being linked to a deal for Galchenyuk from Montreal, which may also include Hjalmarsson heading the other way. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#3 » by molepharmer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:41 pm

TNBT wrote:Apparently we're also being linked to a deal for Galchenyuk from Montreal, which may also include Hjalmarsson heading the other way. Thoughts?

As much as I hate trading Hjalmarsson, Gal would be a great return. So in a vacuum, trade is okay. But it seems like it's just putting off the inevitable. That is, the trading of Seabrook, Panarin and/or Anisimov; ideally for a good young cheap defenseman. Going forward, having to pay those three, plus Gal, plus Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford and possibly Hossa seems impossible.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by TNBT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 am

I'm with you there. We've had an amazing core for so long now that you hate to think about trading them or letting them walk, but eventually you have to. For example Seabrook is one of my favourite guys, but his play definitely seems to be trending downwards. As much as it would suck to see him in another teams sweater, you have to make a trade if it can land us some quality assets for the future. As much as it hurts, all things come to an end eventually.

Return to Chicago Blackhawks