ImageImageImageImage

07 Playoffs

proscout
Junior
And1: 21

07 Playoffs 

Post#1 » by proscout » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:12 am

Looks like despite going on an absurd winning streak over the last month (and making a big charge for the 8th and final playoff spot), it looks like Calgary got hot at the right time too and it's gonna take a lot of help for us to make the playoffs.

We each have 4 games left, 2 are vs. Calgary which are must wins, obviously. The remaining 2 we play tough games vs Nashville and Vancouver, and Calgary gets Edmonton and San Jose. We have to get all wins (8 pts) and only let Calgary get 1 (or us 7 and Calgary 0) for us to end tied (and I think we'd have tiebreakers). So that's a lot of help.

That being said, anything is possible, but if it doesn't work out, this will be the first time the Avs haven't made the playoffs (since being in CO). That's ok though, because I like the young guys we got on the team and a few moves here and there and we can be competing again by next year.

Go Avs!!
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#2 » by moose man » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:47 am

For a while there I was very worried. And anything can still happen especially because Calgary has had a tough time against Colorado in the last little while. Best of luck to you guys.
rasul
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

Post#3 » by rasul » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:05 am

Avalanches only go down... Red Wings fly high!
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Re: 07 Playoffs 

Post#4 » by Snayr » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:00 am

proscout wrote:Looks like despite going on an absurd winning streak over the last month (and making a big charge for the 8th and final playoff spot), it looks like Calgary got hot at the right time too and it's gonna take a lot of help for us to make the playoffs.

We each have 4 games left, 2 are vs. Calgary which are must wins, obviously. The remaining 2 we play tough games vs Nashville and Vancouver, and Calgary gets Edmonton and San Jose. We have to get all wins (8 pts) and only let Calgary get 1 (or us 7 and Calgary 0) for us to end tied (and I think we'd have tiebreakers). So that's a lot of help.

That being said, anything is possible, but if it doesn't work out, this will be the first time the Avs haven't made the playoffs (since being in CO). That's ok though, because I like the young guys we got on the team and a few moves here and there and we can be competing again by next year.

Go Avs!!

Namely a goalie. I don't know if Budaj can carry you, and we all know Theodore can't. Anyways gl to you guys with your playoff hunt and offseason!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#5 » by straightguji » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:24 am

If the Avalanche can somehow pull off the impossible and make the playoffs, that would mean facing Detroit in the first round. Oh the memories...
proscout
Junior

Post#6 » by proscout » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:11 am

after the avs big win in vancouver, the sharks gave us some help by beating the flames 4-3. this puts us 3 pts behind calgary, with our next game against nashville and theirs against edmonton. we need to pull off another big win and then hope for some huge help from the oilers. if that happens, then it sets us a playoff-deciding game of us versus the flames for the season finale. its gonna take a lot of help to get there (cuz edmonton is pretty bad, and nashville is real good), but it'd be nice just to get to the point where that last game is the deciding game. GO AVS!!
DenverSportsFan
Sophomore

Post#7 » by DenverSportsFan » Fri Apr 6, 2007 6:14 am

As Much as I would like that I don't see it happening. Now don't quote me on this because I hope I am wrong but 1 of the 2 will probally happen Saturday.

#1. We will lose to Nashville because Nashville I think is still fighting for a Division Champioship with Detroit

Or

#2. Calgary will beat Edmonton

I see Calgary beating Edmonton being the likely senario. If I am wrong than Great we can settle our Playoff spot on Sunday. If not well it was a nice ride and I am just glad Avs are making Calgary have to earn their spot rather then hanging it up.
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 31

Post#8 » by denvers_finest » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:49 pm

I like the fight the Avs have put up, but I don't think the Oilers can beat the Flames. Its the last game of the year for the Oilers, and they have nothing to play for. Calgary has everything to play for. I don't think they want to have to earn their playoff spot on the road in Denver, they will take care of business tomorrow.

Gotta like the future for the Avs, Budaj looks like he could be something special.
proscout
Junior

Post#9 » by proscout » Fri Apr 6, 2007 7:23 pm

ironically enough, the oilers (and not one of all the good teams we have played lately) might be the team that ends this miracle run for us..... and i'm not talking about by losing to calgary tomorrow.

the oilers have won ONCE in their last 19 games, and that one win was against us in OT (right after we beat them 5-1 two days earlier, which is why i hate this new scheduling where you play teams 2 times in 3 days back to back, but thats another story). 1-18 since the end of february, and it just happens that we were their one win. had we not lost that game and got 2 pts instead of 1, then we would not have to be relying on the oilers coming thru for us tomorrow cuz we'd only be 2pts behind the flames, meaning all we'd have to do is match what they did tomorrow, then the game against them on sunday would decide it all.

unfortunately, that's not how it is, and we are indeed relying on the oilers to get only their second win since february 25th..... clearly its a longshot (seeing how we have to beat a very good nashville team at the same time), but anything is possible, so we shall see.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Re: 07 Playoffs 

Post#10 » by closg00 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:53 am

This place looks lonely.

Return to Colorado Avalanche