ImageImageImageImage

Genuine Optimism for 14/15

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Genuine Optimism for 14/15 

Post#1 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Gotta say... Jim Nill has not screwed around since he took charge. And - this offseason has been a pleasure to watch. He's putting some nice pieces in place for the Stars to be serious contenders this season and beyond.

Key this coming season - how good are the kids on the Blue Line? I believe we have two in Nemeth and Klingberg that are locks. And from all indications, Johns is going to step in immediately. I would not be surprised in the least if Nill tries to move Gologoski in order to keep as many of the kids here as possible.

Add to that Niemi actually providing a real alternative to Lehtonen... Sharp on a wing with Seguin and Benn...

I'm stoked for this season!
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
SteButt
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Genuine Optimism for 14/15 

Post#2 » by SteButt » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:56 pm

This team is going to be exciting. Will only be my second season as a Stars fan but I do like what Nill has done, especially getting Oduya as a veteran D man was a real need.

Roll on 8 October :)
Patience, young grasshopper. Kung fu not learned in a day.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Genuine Optimism for 14/15 

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:10 pm

I guess we should change this thread to 2015/16. And yes - they have become exciting. I thank Jim Nill for making my hockey team relevant once again. He earned that contract extension. Every penny.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Stars