Stars sign Avery

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Stars sign Avery 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:30 pm

San Francisco Chronicle - The Dallas Stars signed noted pest Sean Avery to a four-year, $15.5 million deal Wednesday. The 28-year-old forward is a former NHL-leader in penalty minutes, but his style is effective. In 86 games with the New York Rangers over the last two seasons, the club was 50-20-16 with him in the lineup and 9-13-3 without him.

Edit - he also got a no trade clause.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Stars sign Avery 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:18 pm

Good signing...he does his job well
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Re: Stars sign Avery 

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:56 pm

I thought I'd recap our local Kings editorialist Spicolli:

think about just how intense the games are going to be when Sean Avery and the Dallas Stars come to town!

The Kings are going to have Staci's Mom's, aka Rachel Hunter's, current boyfriend, Jarret Stoll squaring off against the Cougar's fomer boy-toy, Sean Avery. This has all the makings of a brutal grudge match! Also, whenever the Stars are playing the Kings next season, there is potential for more bad blood between Sean Avery and the recently acquired defenseman, Denis Gauthier. Remember it was Denis to whom Sean was refering to when he said, "I think it was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not back anything up. I'd think if a guy like Brett Hull was coming up the middle, somebody probably wouldn't have stepped up and hit him, but like I said, a typical move from a guy wearing a visor that certainly doesn't like to get scratched at all."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=137855

Mr. Avery, meet Mr Stoll & Mr. Gauthier. Mr Stoll & Mr. Gauthier, I believe you know Mr. Avery. Please have a wonderful time getting reacquainted with each other...

Return to Dallas Stars