Modano due back soon!!

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Modano due back soon!! 

Post#1 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Reports have stated that Mike Modano is due to make his return to the Wings in March from his injury. Great to see him making a return I would hate to see a guy like him to retire due to a injury lets hope Mike gets better sooner then later. Great too see a lot of suport for him from the league and fans. I read a report that said a lot of Minny and Dallas fans were sending their best wishes and all that via Twitter and to his fan club. Shows why NHL fans I think are some of the best out there. I can't wait to see him back in the Red and White and score a goal in his 1st game!! I copied an posted the link in case people can't access it work/school or it's doesn't work

Here is a great writeup on it http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/stor ... LHeadlines

Scott Burnside ESPN wrote:
Injured Detroit Red Wing center Mike Modano hopes to return to action from a severed tendon in his right wrist sometime in March, but there is no firm timetable for his recovery.

Red Wings GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com Monday that the surgeon who performed the surgery on Modano almost a month ago was targeting sometime in March for Modano's return to the ice.

When Modano might actually return to NHL action, though, is fluid. Holland did say they were confident Modano could return before the end of the regular season in mid-April.

Modano was cut on the right forearm and wrist by Columbus forward R.J. Umberger's skate on Nov. 26, and had surgery the following day.

The Detroit area native, the all-time leading scorer among Americans, signed a one-year deal with Detroit in the offseason worth $1.25 million plus $500,000 in bonuses.

He struggled to fit into the Red Wings line-up early on, but was finding his groove when the injury occurred.

The 40-year-old has two goals and eight points in 20 games for the Red Wings.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Modano due back soon!! 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:02 pm

good to hear!

Especially with Pav going down, we could use him

Return to Detroit Red Wings