Lidstrom to call it a career

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 226

Lidstrom to call it a career 

Post#1 » by Sheeeeed » Wed May 30, 2012 8:26 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397224

Presser at 11 a.m. tomorrow. This will probably mean the end of Holmstroms career too since they're so close.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Lidstrom to call it a career 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 am

Probably the second best D-man ever, behind Orr. He was unbelievable. It's been a privilege watching him play all these years.

At the same time, I'm excited to have a bunch of cap space and to see Brendan Smith come up. Still, a sad day
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#3 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Jun 1, 2012 6:33 pm

I will not sugarcoat this I think for me it was a lot tougher to see Steve Yzerman retire. He was my sports idol growing up and was the main reason I became a Wings fan. Nik is my 2nd fave Wing. It was tough to see him go out but at least he went out on his terms rather then trying to prove something to somebody.

What a career! Thank you for everything Nik you will be missed and your #5 will be retired by The Wings and I believe Team Sweden at some point
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#4 » by TSE » Sat Jun 2, 2012 3:20 am

Well what was saddest for me was when Illitch introduced Holland as the best GM in the league. That's sick considering it also contributed to us losing Yzerman twice.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#5 » by ajaX82 » Sat Jun 2, 2012 8:12 pm

TSE wrote:Well what was saddest for me was when Illitch introduced Holland as the best GM in the league. That's sick considering it also contributed to us losing Yzerman twice.

Thanks for keeping it on topic. If you have thoughts on Lidstrom, please share. Otherwise no need

Return to Detroit Red Wings