ImageImageImage

Official Game Thread: Panthers vs. Penguins 7:30 pm

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,809

Official Game Thread: Panthers vs. Penguins 7:30 pm 

Post#1 » by unowen85 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 pm

I've never been a Panthers fan, and I haven't been following the season. But now with the Heat down in the lottery, let's give the Panthers some love.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by unowen85 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:13 am

Damn, two games in a row now that the Panthers have gone into the last period with a two goal advantage and end up losing. And Carolina doing the exact opposite, only Carolina lost in shootout, but they did get that point.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by timd1218 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:21 am

The Panthers played a tight defensive game until the end. It seems as if most teams are trying this on the Pens the past few games.

Anyway, that penalty on Geno Malkin at the end of the game should not have been called. It was a penalty, but not one you call with a minute left in the game. But I will take it.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by unowen85 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:47 am

The Panthers color commentator was calling out Malkin for diving at the end of the game, and saying how he is losing respect amongst his peers for doing that and that he should be embarrassed. Sounded like a sore loser.
timd1218
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#5 » by timd1218 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:07 am

unowen85 wrote:The Panthers color commentator was calling out Malkin for diving at the end of the game, and saying how he is losing respect amongst his peers for doing that and that he should be embarrassed. Sounded like a sore loser.

He did dive on a few of them. But the penalty he did get for diving, he actually got his legs slashed out from under him.

The color commentator sounds like a sore loser. He wasn't diving all game and he hardly does during games anyway.
I know what you're thinking. We're in the middle of a city, what's a hawk doing there?

Return to Florida Panthers