Panthers' Bouwmeester inks one-year contract

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,832

Panthers' Bouwmeester inks one-year contract 

Post#1 » by unowen85 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:42 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/hockey/florida-panthers/story/621418.html
''We're real happy to have been able to get an agreement with Jay and his agent,'' Martin said. ``We feel it satisfied both parties. It's a fair deal for us, a fair deal for what he brings to the table. He's a young player, one who plays a lot of minutes and a lot of different situations. It's good to have this behind us.

Quite frankly, if it's true he could have gotten more after arbitration, then that little line right there by Martin is a little insulting.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Re: Panthers' Bouwmeester inks one-year contract 

Post#2 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:47 am

unowen85 wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/hockey/florida-panthers/story/621418.html
''We're real happy to have been able to get an agreement with Jay and his agent,'' Martin said. ``We feel it satisfied both parties. It's a fair deal for us, a fair deal for what he brings to the table. He's a young player, one who plays a lot of minutes and a lot of different situations. It's good to have this behind us.

Quite frankly, if it's true he could have gotten more after arbitration, then that little line right there by Martin is a little insulting.

he`s going to be traded this season anyway..
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by unowen85 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:13 pm

I don't think the Panthers will trade him. If they make the playoffs, I think he'll re-sign to a long term contract. And if they don't make it, they'd still have some depth on the defensive line to risk letting him leave.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Snayr » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 am

Time to say Adios to him... officially eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Should have traded him when they had the chance!!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#5 » by Heat3 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:04 pm

This organization is a joke. In the middle of Feb. they were all over the local sports stations proclaiming the panther's return to the playoffs. Now I don't follow Hockey, but I know the playoffs don't start in Feb! I figured they must be way ahead in the standings, then I check and they're only in 6th place with very little difference between the 6th seed and not even making it. Now look, they can't even finish strong. Can we get someone with a clue to run this team? Maybe then more people will care about hockey in south florida! It's been this way since Wayne got a free arena then got rid of them.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by unowen85 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:47 am

Damn. I remember those ads. Wasn't it something like buy four tickets for the playoffs or season tickets for next year, and then get four games free next season if they don't make the playoffs. And then DeBoer says, I guarantee we'll get there, and I got the guys to back me up. Damn son. That's embarrassing.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,164

Post#7 » by Heat3 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah, a lot (or maybe not) of people are getting free tickets for next year. Lol
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Return to Florida Panthers