ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings vs.... everybody thread

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Kings vs.... everybody thread 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:33 pm

So we get off to a quick start with a shootout win over the Canucks, though Kopi takes 18stitches to the grill.

Next up the Flames lit into us 3-1.

So we've seen both Goalies and once again Quick proves he's a guy who rises to big moments. Not too worried about Bernier's loss, but he'll need to start being a stud if he wants to be #1. Right now I like Quick and think the size knock is bull.

2 games and no fights?.. and against both Vancouver and especially Calgary no less? Where are you Westgarth?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Kings vs.... everybody thread 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Happy Birthday Bob Miller. 72? He seems way younger than that.

I really like the showing vs Atlanta. It showed alot of the hitting we were used to last year and it should quiet the lame Ryan Smyth criticism I keep seeing on the internet. Lost a step? maybe a little speed, but that's not his game. He bangs, he find people for good passes, and he threatens the defense with excellent dives to the net creating opportunities all over the zone for everyone. Stoll also showed up and hammered some people. 3-1 win.. I like.

That physical a game and we have again 0 fights. Dean Lombardi just kicked his dog or Westgarth.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Ok, the Kings are on a Tear winning 6 of the last 8. Stoll and Brownie have been Great. Smyth and Kopi are doing their job and so far the only big issue is a Doughty concussion. That being said... is this the NFL? No Fighting League, or is Kevin Westgarth just doing about absolutely nothing?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Tied for the best start ever, just whooped the Stars, and ranked #1 in the NHL! Alllfreaking-right!

If my biggest complaint is Westgarth not kicking people's ass, it's a good year.

Jack is actually living up to the hype a bit and Williams and Stoll have been difference makers.
Impressed by Cliffords strength and Browns continued offensive growth.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#5 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm

very dissapointed with the season to date. We have mostly the right pieces, but can't seem to take that next step, now Dean is being a league menace. Jeez. Make a couple playoff push moves, keep your mouth shut, and get back to early season form.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Danny Darko » Tue Mar 1, 2011 1:01 am

alright, I'm a little ashamed. It's been a month since I posted. The kings are back in the hunt and I've been remiss in posting. That being said, these guys find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory often enough in my 25years of faithfully hoping for a cup that I get a little sand wormy when it looks like trouble is brewing.

so, the west is tight as tight could be, the Kings are on a roll, and todays deadline brought Penner from the Oilers. I like Penner, wish he was a little meaner, but a 6'4" 245 LW who can score and skate is highly welcome to a team needing a LW. I will miss Tuebert, though and have to watch him in Edmonton. I know he's supposedly too mean and can't tone it down etc... but he was a great prospect and I love feisty guys.

Let's go Kings!!! Game on.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#7 » by Danny Darko » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:15 pm

Kopi broke his ankle? holy crap.. i try to think this won't be the end of our aspirations, but it damn well might be
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:07 pm

A few gams in we look like world beaters. Even with an injured Drew Doughty, we have defensive depth, two great goaltenders, and our FA pickups are scoring machines. Niiiiice.

I'll say this... Westgarth sucks... new enforcer please.

Return to Los Angeles Kings