ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings trade Lubomir Visnovsky for Stoll and Greene

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Kings trade Lubomir Visnovsky for Stoll and Greene 

Post#1 » by Danny Darko » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:45 pm

The Edmonton Oilers shored up their blue line Sunday by trading forward Jarret Stoll and defenseman Matt Greene to the Los Angeles Kings for puck-moving defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky.

Stoll had 14 goals and 22 assists last season. The 26-year-old assistant captain had 59 goals and 106 assists in 186 games with the Oilers.

Greene, 25, had one assist last season with Edmonton, missing 34 games with an ankle injury. He has one goal and 12 assists in 151 games since being selected by the Oilers in the second round, 44th overall in 2002.

Article

I like this trade... we get rid of the big contract, and while giving up a a great offensive D man... we get tougher on D, can fill Lubo's shoes with Drew, and get a nice fore checking center in Stoll.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Re: Kings trade Lubomir Visnovsky for Stoll and Greene 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:08 pm

I still think its a good trade, but I'm kind of sad for Lubo after finding this on Letsgokings:

article

The major news of Monday morning in hockey circles in Slovakia was undoubtedly the unexpected trade of Lubomir Visnovsky from Los Angeles Kings to Edmonton Oilers for Jarret Stoll and Matt Greene. This information surprised not only the fans and experts, but also the 31-years old offensive defenseman himself. Last summer, Visnovsky signed a new 5-year contract for 27 million dollars, which goes in effect next season. The contract also contains a no-trade clause, according to which the club can only trade the player to another team, if the player agrees to it. But the Kings used pretty much the last chance to avoid this clause, since it kicks in at 1st of July.

"I'm frustrated and very sad. They pretty much didn't do anything that they couldn't, according to the contract. However, there was a verbal deal under the table, according to which they shouldn't trade me at all. They told it to me and my agent straight into our faces a year ago, when we were signing the contract. 'You're our player, we won't trade you.' Even the owner called me back then and told me: 'Lubo, your home ain't Bratislava and Slovakia, it's LA. You'll play here for us. We're happy to have you here, and you'll stay here.' So I was 100% sure, that I'll stay in LA, and if they wanted to trade me, that they'd trade me after a mutual agreement, so both sides were content." stated Lubomir Visnovsky on a press conference about this trade.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#3 » by UTMCretin » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:57 pm

"I'm frustrated and very sad."

Welcome to Edmonton! You'll get used to that.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#4 » by Danny Darko » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:38 pm

UTMCretin wrote:
"I'm frustrated and very sad."

Welcome to Edmonton! You'll get used to that.

:rofl:
TommyTheCat
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#5 » by TommyTheCat » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:11 am

Corvus Crow wrote:I still think its a good trade, but I'm kind of sad for Lubo after finding this on Letsgokings:

article

The major news of Monday morning in hockey circles in Slovakia was undoubtedly the unexpected trade of Lubomir Visnovsky from Los Angeles Kings to Edmonton Oilers for Jarret Stoll and Matt Greene. This information surprised not only the fans and experts, but also the 31-years old offensive defenseman himself. Last summer, Visnovsky signed a new 5-year contract for 27 million dollars, which goes in effect next season. The contract also contains a no-trade clause, according to which the club can only trade the player to another team, if the player agrees to it. But the Kings used pretty much the last chance to avoid this clause, since it kicks in at 1st of July.

"I'm frustrated and very sad. They pretty much didn't do anything that they couldn't, according to the contract. However, there was a verbal deal under the table, according to which they shouldn't trade me at all. They told it to me and my agent straight into our faces a year ago, when we were signing the contract. 'You're our player, we won't trade you.' Even the owner called me back then and told me: 'Lubo, your home ain't Bratislava and Slovakia, it's LA. You'll play here for us. We're happy to have you here, and you'll stay here.' So I was 100% sure, that I'll stay in LA, and if they wanted to trade me, that they'd trade me after a mutual agreement, so both sides were content." stated Lubomir Visnovsky on a press conference about this trade.

yeah, that's a bit underhanded.
spicoli76
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#6 » by spicoli76 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:41 pm

It's a little sad to see Lubo-Cookie depart to Edmonton, however let's look at the bright side here. Now that the Kings have finally acquired a legitimate pivot for their number two scoring line (Jarret Stoll), think about just how intense the games are going to be when Sean Avery and the Dallas Stars come to town!

The Kings are going to have Staci's Mom's, aka Rachel Hunter's, current boyfriend, Jarret Stoll squaring off against the Cougar's fomer boy-toy, Sean Avery. This has all the makings of a brutal grudge match! Also, whenever the Stars are playing the Kings next season, there is potential for more bad blood between Sean Avery and the recently acquired defenseman, Denis Gauthier. Remember it was Denis to whom Sean was refering to when he said, "I think it was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not back anything up. I'd think if a guy like Brett Hull was coming up the middle, somebody probably wouldn't have stepped up and hit him, but like I said, a typical move from a guy wearing a visor that certainly doesn't like to get scratched at all."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=137855

Mr. Avery, meet Mr Stoll & Mr. Gauthier. Mr Stoll & Mr. Gauthier, I believe you know Mr. Avery. Please have a wonderful time getting reacquainted with each other...
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#7 » by Danny Darko » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:19 pm

Fantastic Post! all the makings of a Hollywood story. Spicolli76 you've done it again. I had totally forgotten the Gauthier comment and didn't know about Rachel Hunter. So I guess we might need an enforcer now. I don't know if ol' Raitis' metal face will hold up.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Considering our current Salary floor problems I can't think of a good reason to have Traded Lubo. Now we need someone with a contract like his. Bah

Return to Los Angeles Kings