What is your first Habs game experience?

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Snayr
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

What is your first Habs game experience? 

Post#1 » by Snayr » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:34 am

I figured I'd do something a little different on here. What was the first Habs game you ever attended? What was the score? What do you remember? Etc... I'll go first.

The first ever Habs game I attended was with my cousin. He phoned me up, knowing I was a diehard from the Eastern Townships (he's from TMR) and said he had 2 free tickets and wanted to know if I was interested in going? Obviously I said yes! So a couple days before the game, the guy who was giving my cousin the tickets (or so he thought) only gave him one. Explaining the situation to the gentleman, he thankfully and graciously gave him both so that I would be able to attend the game as well!

In the end we attended the April 10th, 2006 game, with the Habs winning 3-2 against the Sens, and David Aebischer (of all people) standing on his head for the Habs. It was such an amazing experience, and one I'll never forget. I've been to around 8-9 more since that time (all but 1 in the playoffs - Mostly the playoffs where Halak stood on his head)! Miss it now, being in Vancouver, however... looking forward to being able to watch a game in the Bell Centre again in the near future!

Here's a link to the TSN write-up about the game - http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=162098

Go Habs Go - Bleeding Bleu-Blanc-et Rouge!
Montreal Canadiens Fan | Toronto Raptors Fan | Montreal Alouettes Fan - Proud to be Canadian!!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,749

Re: What is your first Habs game experience? 

Post#2 » by spykelee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:06 am

I have yet to experience a habs game live. In fact, I've only seen 1 live NHL game in my life and it was the laughs against the Islanders at MLG. I'll always be saddened that I never made it to a game in the forum, that would have been epic, but I'm sure the bell centre is incrediable as well.

That game sounds pretty awesome Snayr. I love how Aebischer stood on his head. It seems as though every goalie we ever trot out there always plays well above and beyond his abilities... must be a Montreal thing... I can't even fathom the a playoff game live in montreal. The games are so loud an intense on tv I can't wrap my head around in person.

and my condolences on being in vancity... next to Ottawa, that's the biggest poser hockey nation in Canada.
DaveMeyers
Pro Prospect
And1: 34

Post#3 » by DaveMeyers » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:46 am

I haven't seen a habs game in person either, unfortunately. I am targeting a game against the Canucks at Bell Centre for this season though because I will be in Montreal for nearly a week in November... Hopefully it works out. Going to one of these games looks simply incredible. Only two NHL games in my life; Blackhawks vs. Blue Jackets in Chicago and Wild vs. Oilers in St. Paul.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Post#4 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:18 pm

April 29 1986, Montreal Forum
Hartford Whalers vs. Montreal Canadiens
Second Round of the Playoffs,
Game Seven.

Claude Lemieux pots the winner in overtime.

I remember the tickets sort of fell into my parents lap, we didn't know that we were going till that night and piled into the car and downtown, it was also the night I got my first Habs jersey.

Way to young to appreciate it till years years later, but I couldn't think of a more ideal way to make me a Habs fan for life.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,749

Post#5 » by spykelee » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:57 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:April 29 1986, Montreal Forum
Hartford Whalers vs. Montreal Canadiens
Second Round of the Playoffs,
Game Seven.

Claude Lemieux pots the winner in overtime.

I remember the tickets sort of fell into my parents lap, we didn't know that we were going till that night and piled into the car and downtown, it was also the night I got my first Habs jersey.

Way to young to appreciate it till years years later, but I couldn't think of a more ideal way to make me a Habs fan for life.

Wow, that's tremendous. Yea in retrospect, that is absoslutely, the best way to go to your first game. The Whalers, in the playoffs, at the forum.... WOW, very nice Morris.

Return to Montreal Canadiens