Moderator: Morris_Shatford

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

18 Games in, Top of The East! 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Perhaps its a little early;
But we are nearly a 1/3 of the way through this season and we are topping out a very tight Eastern Conference.

Markov is healthy and actually playing fairly well;
Gally is second in the team in scoring, tied with Diaz who has nearly as many points this season as he did all of last season, and Pac play makes me a little less worried about his contract every game.

The beauty of strike shortened seasons I guess?
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Re: 18 Games in, Top of The East! 

Post#2 » by spykelee » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:Perhaps its a little early;
But we are nearly a 1/3 of the way through this season and we are topping out a very tight Eastern Conference.

Markov is healthy and actually playing fairly well;
Gally is second in the team in scoring, tied with Diaz who has nearly as many points this season as he did all of last season, and Pac play makes me a little less worried about his contract every game.

The beauty of strike shortened seasons I guess?

I can't believe at how well Markov has played. He's certainly a step slow, but can't argue with his production. Still has that great shot and terrific eyes on the ice. His passing is incredible, and a needed boost to our backend for sure. Galchenyuk has been impressive. I was somewhat down on draftimg him but he has played as well as could be expected, and then some. He's proven to be fairly dynamic on the powerplay, that's for sure. With PK back on D with Markov and Diaz, and Price in goal, and now some size up front with Prust, and Ryder, coupled with some speed and skill from Gally, this team is starting to actually look pretty decent in short order. I'm impressed that's for sure.

Return to Montreal Canadiens