The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1561 » by ace625214 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
ace625214 wrote:I remember when SportVU first came out they tracked everyone's sprint speed and put out a list. The sample size was limited at the time, but Ricky had reached the second-highest speed of any PG. It's criminal that they make him that slow.

sometimes I wonder if they do stuff like that to intentionally lower a player's personal rating or a team's rating to make the simmed games and standings more realistic

That's a definite possibility. Ricky is very fast, but normally only really flies around on defense. On offense he stays pretty balanced and controlled. Maybe they lowered his speed so you can't get to the rim at will, which he doesn't do in real life. It sucks that it affects him in the open court though.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1562 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Calinks wrote:This I cannot believe.

The numbers extrapolated from NPD results for September on Neogaf show NBA Live 16 as having sold just over 8,000 copies in North America. That’s compared to well over a million for NBA 2K16 in the same region. As 2K has been consistently growing, Live’s share continues to shrink, going from about 2-3% of the basketball market in the last few years to now under 1%.

NBA Live is at the point where it does nothing for them. How does someone only get 1 percent of the market share in a 2 horse race?

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/10/20/no-one-bought-nba-live-16#more-100796

I don't get how they can year in year out put out a laughing stock game. A lot of people haven't been happy w/ the 2k progression and are just begging for Live to be a competitor, but somehow they manage to not even be close every time they try.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#1563 » by Worm Guts » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:19 pm

NBA Live '95, now that was a hell of a game.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#1564 » by Mattya » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:19 pm

I don't understand how Live is even a thing anymore. It can't be profitable.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,768

Re: RE: Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1565 » by UcanUwill » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:21 pm

ace625214 wrote:I remember when SportVU first came out they tracked everyone's sprint speed and put out a list. The sample size was limited at the time, but Ricky had reached the second-highest speed of any PG. It's criminal that they make him that slow.

They always make him slow for some reason, those 2k people dont know crap sometimes. Did they finally realizid he can defend, because I remember in some previous games his defensive ratings were in low 50s...
UcanUwill
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1566 » by UcanUwill » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:

sometimes I wonder if they do stuff like that to intentionally lower a player's personal rating or a team's rating to make the simmed games and standings more realistic

If u rate everyone right, you shouldnt have this problem.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1567 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:03 am

Mattya wrote:I don't understand how Live is even a thing anymore. It can't be profitable.

maybe that's the key - spend like 3 grand to develop the game, sell 200 copies, profit
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,318

Post#1568 » by Calinks » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 pm

EA is going to have their meeting with share holders soon. I don't see how they are going to justify Live right now. 1 percent is just ridiculous in their position. This really could be the end. Even Live has to cost an enormous amount of money to make. The NBA license alone is probably a decent chunk of change, maybe they will go in another direction and try to bring back NBA street or something.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,890

Post#1569 » by Klomp » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:10 am

Man I wish we could make 2k trades into reality. I was able to get Greek Freak for Adreian Payne and a future 1st.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#1570 » by UcanUwill » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:51 pm

at this point, Live would probably make more money if they bought Euroleague or CBA license and made that game. No one is abandoning 2k for a **** NBA game.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1571 » by Calinks » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:25 am

Rubio is a damn malcontent in 2K16. I got to get this guy off my team.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkGybJ0SCh0[/youtube]
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#1572 » by Takingbaconback » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:26 am

daym I wish i had xbox one, i wanna play the new halo
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1573 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Dec 2, 2015 2:57 pm

Anybody playing Fallout 4? I put in 2 hours and barely scratched the surface. I might have made a mistake picking survival difficulty because I already ran into a deathclaw and unloaded almost all my ammo into it just to take it down. And that was with some guy also taking shots at it from a roof and me in a store where it couldn't get to me.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1574 » by King Malta » Thu Dec 3, 2015 12:38 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Anybody playing Fallout 4? I put in 2 hours and barely scratched the surface. I might have made a mistake picking survival difficulty because I already ran into a deathclaw and unloaded almost all my ammo into it just to take it down. And that was with some guy also taking shots at it from a roof and me in a store where it couldn't get to me.

I think I've probably put about 40-50 hours into it and whilst I feel like I'm advancing through the story a decent amount it still feels like I've got a massive amount to go.

I still find myself going to fufill what feel like pretty routine side-quests only to find I'm still outlevelled by enemies on some of them, even this far in, the game is huge.

I just played on Normal as I enjoy a bit of a challenge but primarily play for the story and don't want to get murdered every 5 minutes :lol:
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1575 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:06 pm

King Malta wrote:
Devilzsidewalk wrote:Anybody playing Fallout 4? I put in 2 hours and barely scratched the surface. I might have made a mistake picking survival difficulty because I already ran into a deathclaw and unloaded almost all my ammo into it just to take it down. And that was with some guy also taking shots at it from a roof and me in a store where it couldn't get to me.

I think I've probably put about 40-50 hours into it and whilst I feel like I'm advancing through the story a decent amount it still feels like I've got a massive amount to go.

I still find myself going to fufill what feel like pretty routine side-quests only to find I'm still outlevelled by enemies on some of them, even this far in, the game is huge.

I just played on Normal as I enjoy a bit of a challenge but primarily play for the story and don't want to get murdered every 5 minutes :lol:

I've been getting murdered every 5 minutes.
Everybody shrugs off point-blank shots to the face because they have a million hit points and my perks aren't up to par. And I'm always scraping the bottom of the barrel for ammo too. My dog is a loser too - I ask him to go find stuff nearby and he sniffs the ground directly under him and says "nope, nothing here!" and then I go walk 5 feet and find some stuff.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1576 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 3, 2015 11:37 pm

I've already put a ton of time in Fallout 4. Most anticipated game of the year for me. I used an unarmed character so while I use guns often, I don't worry about ammo as my main weapons don't require any. There is no level cap in this one which will get me in trouble because basically my quest is to become over powered. I'm getting there as I can managed to knock out some deathclaws in two blows if the conditions are right.

The game gets a lot easier, do some quest early on to level up quite a bit. Take perks that help you find more ammo and increase gun damage. None of the companions in this game that I have come across are too great. There is one, a guy named Danse who is probably the most reliable. In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, your companions did a lot more work, especially if you outfitted them well.

I might be done playing though as I have ran into a couple of big bugs. One wont let me finish a quest, the other gives me an infinite loading screen. The loading screen one seems to be getting worse and that's a killer.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1577 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:01 pm

So I decided to play NBA 2K last night. Don't know what it is but I have hardly played the game and I usually love doing franchise mode. Anyway, I decided to sim past the season and start up in the off season, to try and improve the team. They actually wound up making the 7th seed which kind of sucks cause I was hoping I'd be able to draft a good player.

The off season stuff has a lot of new additions this year, frankly I was surprised. There is a whole process of hiring new staff after the season, some of your staff can get hired away, you can go after other teams people. You actually get turned down a lot. Then they actually have a little draft lottery show where they talk a ibt about every team in the lottery say a few facts and hen reveal each pick to see which teams are picking where. 76ers had 2 top 5 picks in my lottery and they dropped out of the top 5 with both.

Then the draft is mostly the same from last year just visually looks cooler.

The biggest addition though is summer league. They actually got it in this game and you get to make your team up of guys from their first few seasons and then a big selection of free agents. Its cool becasue pretty much any undraffted or waived rookie shows up in there and you can take them for a spin.

I'm pretty impressed with the off season stuff. Might just really go deep into a simmed franchise with this game.
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#1578 » by YourBuddy » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:59 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AX7-ty9z7s[/youtube]

Apparently Andrew and Karl will be playing some Call of Duty early DLC tomorrow.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1579 » by Calinks » Mon Feb 1, 2016 8:33 pm

That's really random
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1580 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Feb 2, 2016 12:42 am

they're live now, KAT is legit good at COD

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves