The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1421 » by Calinks » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 am

theGreatRC wrote:Doing a playthrough of My Career on 2K15 next gen if anyone is looking for more 2K vids besides Smooves.

I chose to re-sign with the Wolves after my rookie year and Doc Rivers became the head coach? LOL. :crazy:

After giving this game about 20-25 hrs of gameplay, it's cheesier than ever, but maybe i'm getting used to it..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXH-W5faG3E&list=UU7owLKpQeQH2DNGO6lhAh5Q[/youtube]

RC in the lets play business? Kid is coming up!
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1422 » by Calinks » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKnChzuFDwE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUw9oLACwiw[/youtube]
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#1423 » by theGreatRC » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Calinks wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Doing a playthrough of My Career on 2K15 next gen if anyone is looking for more 2K vids besides Smooves.

I chose to re-sign with the Wolves after my rookie year and Doc Rivers became the head coach? LOL. :crazy:

After giving this game about 20-25 hrs of gameplay, it's cheesier than ever, but maybe i'm getting used to it..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXH-W5faG3E&list=UU7owLKpQeQH2DNGO6lhAh5Q[/youtube]

RC in the lets play business? Kid is coming up!

LOL. Thanks man. Some dude called me a dickrider though, because i'm on the Wolves like Smoove..SMH
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,920

Post#1424 » by Klomp » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 pm

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1425 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:47 am

Has anyone bought 2k15 for 360? How is it? Amazon customer reviews rate it a 1.5 out of 5, so is it really that bad?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1426 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:28 am

I rented it for a few days. From what I could tell it was 2K14 with updated rosters. Maybe some slight game play enhancements. the biggest thing is they brought crew mode back. All the real improvements went into the next gen version.

Good news for me is I should be getting it soon. Last summer I took advantage of a promotion at the microsoft store and traded in a bunch of games to get about 300 bucks in credit. Been sitting on that and now the X1 is discounted by 50 bucks for a few weeks. Add that to a bundle that comes with a game and I can save 400$ on buying an X1. I'll probably walk out the door with the bundled system and game having paid less than 70 bucks out of pocket. XD
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1427 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:23 am

The wolves playing well have broke me. This month I am getting a next gen console and getting 2K15. Can't put them off any longer. Needs to jam on fools with Wiggins in my home whenever I please.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1428 » by King Malta » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:57 am

Calinks wrote:The wolves playing well have broke me. This month I am getting a next gen console and getting 2K15. Can't put them off any longer. Needs to jam on fools with Wiggins in my home whenever I please.

Quick word of advice, pick and roll with LaVine.

Is hilariously able to dunk over just about anything that gets in his way
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#1429 » by Nitroglycerin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Hey guys i need some advice from game experts around here.

next year I will probably buy a new graphics card. I mostly play 2K and some adventure stuff like Assasins Creed,DMC with my dirt cheap old GPU.
But 2K15 is so laggy and can only play decently in blacktop mode. Is 2K15's next gen graphics similar to all the present and upcoming games that will demand high-end specs?
Or is 2K15 a badly ported game and the game IS the issue of lags,stutters,etc?
Because I dont want to buy a high-end grapix card if a middle-end card will do. TIA :-)
Trust the PRosas!
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1430 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:Hey guys i need some advice from game experts around here.

next year I will probably buy a new graphics card. I mostly play 2K and some adventure stuff like Assasins Creed,DMC with my dirt cheap old GPU.
But 2K15 is so laggy and can only play decently in blacktop mode. Is 2K15's next gen graphics similar to all the present and upcoming games that will demand high-end specs?
Because I dont want to buy a high-end grapix card if a middle-end card will do. TIA :-)

Wish I could help but PC gaming is pretty alien to me.

This list may help

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gam ... ,3107.html

And it's decided. I am getting an X1 on black friday. I am hoping the Microsoft store has some deal where they are selling the system for 330 bucks or so. If that's the case I can get one for less than 50 bucks! :nod:

On top of that with the sales I have looked at, I should be able to get 2K15, Madden, Shadows of Mordor all for 70 bucks. I may get another couple games as well.

All in all I should be looking to spend roughly $170 for a console and a bunch of games. Pretty good deal that's easy for me to pull the trigger on.
breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#1431 » by breatnach » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:42 am

Any WoW players out there? Newest Expansion came out yesterday.
I played the first 3-4 expansions, but haven't played for about 3 years. Old habits do die hard, tempted to check it out...
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#1432 » by Note30 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:33 am

What are your specs?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#1433 » by Nitroglycerin » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 am

Note30 wrote:

What are your specs?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I3 550 quadcore 3.20ghz i think
2GB Ram :oops:
1GB NVIDIA Geforce 210 :-( (I bought it when I was in grade school)
I have been content with its performance until 2K15 happened
I'll save to upgrade my ram and vidcard. My problem is if buying a high end card will be good long term wise or I can buy a mid end card and that 2K15 is just badly optimized for PC.
Trust the PRosas!
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#1434 » by jpatrick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:35 pm

King Malta wrote:
Calinks wrote:The wolves playing well have broke me. This month I am getting a next gen console and getting 2K15. Can't put them off any longer. Needs to jam on fools with Wiggins in my home whenever I please.

Quick word of advice, pick and roll with LaVine.

Is hilariously able to dunk over just about anything that gets in his way

I'm just starting my second season with the Wolves in MyCareer mode, also had Doc coming to coach the Wolves while Flip is now coaching the Clips. LOL. As a SG, I've displaced Martin's piss poor defense in the starting lineup with my own crappy defense. Love come running the break with Wiggins, alley opps all day.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1435 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:15 am

Calinks wrote:

This list may help

And it's decided. I am getting an X1 on black friday. I am hoping the Microsoft store has some deal where they are selling the system for 330 bucks or so. If that's the case I can get one for less than 50 bucks! :nod:

On top of that with the sales I have looked at, I should be able to get 2K15, Madden, Shadows of Mordor all for 70 bucks. I may get another couple games as well.

All in all I should be looking to spend roughly $170 for a console and a bunch of games. Pretty good deal that's easy for me to pull the trigger on.

why the xbox1 and not the ps4, just curious
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1436 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:24 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Calinks wrote:

This list may help

why the xbox1 and not the ps4, just curious

After that E3 where Microsoft came out with that shotgun, loaded it, got in front of the podium and blew their own heads off I was PS4 all the way. Then of course they had to back track on everything and make the system more appealing. I was still PS4. Then the price drop happened and they were fairly even but I was till PS4. Then 6 months ago Microsoft store had a promotion where you could take in any old game and get 10 bucks credit. I dumped at of old games I wlill never touch again on them and got like 250-300 bucks in credit. Then decided to wait.

Over the summer Xbox has had some good games come out and right now I think they have a better line up and seeing as how they are now selling them for 350 or maybe even 330 on Black Friday with game bundled. I figure now is as good a time as any to cash in, get a system for like 50-80 bucks out of pocket.

I'll probably spend actual real money on getting a PS4 next year or when No Man's Sky comes out depending how the landscape is looking. On top of that, odds are I will be able to capitalize on another good deal. So basically X1 because its cheap, easy, and a better time right now (Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, D4, Halo Collection).
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1437 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Haha looks like I will have fun being a center this year.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFdsI1ZQ9j0[/youtube]
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1438 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:31 am

Pre-Black Friday sale.

NBA 2K15 and Madden 15 are on sale fight now for $30 each at Walmart.com
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1439 » by Klomp » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:08 am

Calinks wrote:Pre-Black Friday sale.

Now I feel like an idiot for paying full price for both a week ago....oh well.

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1440 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:Pre-Black Friday sale.

Now I feel like an idiot for paying full price for both a week ago....oh well.

footage of Klomp going video game shopping

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves