ImageImageImage

The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

CoffeeJanitor
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#81 » by CoffeeJanitor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:06 pm

pumunga wrote:Has anyone ever played Dynasty Warriors game? If so which one is the best
Thanks
Literally every Dynasty Warriors game is the same thing. I'm not exaggerating here, it's Madden-like with its per-game improvement rate, but maybe even less.

So any one would do. One thing to think about is that the games have awfully repetitive gameplay. I have heard the newest one (DW7) is better in this facet.
*Kebo 4 MVP*
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#82 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 3, 2011 12:32 am

Rented Homefront and beat in 3 days. The story is seriously about 4 or 5 hours long. :nonono: If I bought that game I'd be PISSED!

As far as Dynasty Warriors goes. My favorite was Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires because you weren't doing stories. You picked, or created a guy and started a campaign to conquer China. I loved recruiting warriors and executing others. I wish every D Warriors was like that.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#83 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Apr 3, 2011 3:01 am

I haven't played Dynasty Warriors, but I played the spinoff Samurai Warriors 2 or 3 or something, that was pretty good.

Right now I'm in Assassin's Creed 2, never played the first one. Kind of overly puzzle-y, but its pretty cool. I like the "we're **** with stoner's minds" back story.
Esohny
RealGM
And1: 339

Post#84 » by Esohny » Sun Apr 3, 2011 6:39 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I haven't played Dynasty Warriors, but I played the spinoff Samurai Warriors 2 or 3 or something, that was pretty good.

Right now I'm in Assassin's Creed 2, never played the first one. Kind of overly puzzle-y, but its pretty cool. I like the "we're **** with stoner's minds" back story.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed 2. I've still got half of AC: Brotherhood to finish when I finally get back to it.
SMAC-K wrote:Mayo>>>>Love and that 5th pick
OJ Mayo is one of the best defenders in the league, hes a two way player and hes a great passer and playmaker.
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#85 » by jade_hippo » Tue Apr 5, 2011 3:16 am

so who bought a 3DS and how is it? I was a little unimpressed with the launch titles and have held off as a result. A friend of mine got one and said he has trouble seeing in 3D. Makes me think, I have a really tough time seeing those magic-eye things so the 3DS scares me... to this day I've never seen that F'ing sailboat
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#86 » by CoffeeJanitor » Tue Apr 5, 2011 3:27 am

jade_hippo wrote:so who bought a 3DS and how is it? I was a little unimpressed with the launch titles and have held off as a result. A friend of mine got one and said he has trouble seeing in 3D. Makes me think, I have a really tough time seeing those magic-eye things so the 3DS scares me... to this day I've never seen that F'ing sailboat
I would def hold off for now. As for the 3D effect they're set up in Best Buys so I would go check one out at one of those if you wanna see if it works
*Kebo 4 MVP*
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#87 » by Calinks » Tue Apr 5, 2011 3:47 am

Yea, there a few people who aren't capable of seeing 3d.
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#88 » by jade_hippo » Tue Apr 5, 2011 3:56 am

I was really leaning towards the PSP, but I saw a bunch of comercials for Street Fighter on TV... I'm having a baby in July, my parents threw a big hissy fit when we told them we weren't having a baby shower. Since we already bought the stuff for the baby, I filled our registry with things that I wanted. I'm really hoping someone picks up the the PSP and the Star Wars Legos for little baby Olie.
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#89 » by CoffeeJanitor » Tue Apr 5, 2011 4:06 am

jade_hippo wrote:I was really leaning towards the PSP, but I saw a bunch of comercials for Street Fighter on TV... I'm having a baby in July, my parents threw a big hissy fit when we told them we weren't having a baby shower. Since we already bought the stuff for the baby, I filled our registry with things that I wanted. I'm really hoping someone picks up the the PSP and the Star Wars Legos for little baby Olie.
That's pretty awesome dude. :lol:

Are you talking about the PSP2, tho? That looks like it may be delayed due to the japan earthquake
*Kebo 4 MVP*
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#90 » by jade_hippo » Tue Apr 5, 2011 6:47 am

First reference is to PSP2, second is to just regular PSP. heck, i'd be happy with either.
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#91 » by Gremz » Tue Apr 5, 2011 7:19 am

I am the best at Metal Slug. No one beats me.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#92 » by Calinks » Wed Apr 6, 2011 3:18 am

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6307236.html

No EA sim-basketball for 2011. Also, it looks more like my theory of them dropping the Elite name may be true. I bet they want nothing to do with it.
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#93 » by jade_hippo » Wed Apr 6, 2011 4:27 am

no EA game is probably a good thing, their games have been crap for 5-10 years. I'd like to think people bought them just because it had the name EA on it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#94 » by Klomp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:17 am

I love how player potential overrates guys in 2k11. A combo of Beasley/Flynn/Randolph/1st can get you ANY player in the NBA.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#95 » by _AIJ_ » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:06 am

Kyrie Irving | Luke Ridnour
Wesley Johnson | Martell Webster
Michael Beasley | Jeremy Lamb
Kevin Love | Bismack Biyombo
Rakeem Christmas | Tyson Chandler

23-8 so far 8)
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#96 » by jade_hippo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:21 pm

has anyone else been playing the Pokemon dream world thing? I have gotten the **** collection of pokemon there. It seems to be you can only get a bunch of rejects that you never wanted from previous gen games. Oddish, Polliwag, and some stupid rat-looking thing from crystal gen have been my best choices from the dreams.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#97 » by B Calrissian » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:17 pm

I've been trying to figure out who to have on my team for weeks now. So many choices. I've ev trained an exeggutor and got it up to 50 by grinding e4. So I have one half done out of six.. This is going to take forever.

jade_hippo, I'm not sure how to meet specific ppl for trading but if you can explain it to me I'll give you that skitty and bulbasaur. When you first mentioned your skitty/primeape strategy I thought normalize turned the opponent into a normal type. But now I see that it turns all skittys moves into normal type. Am I misunderstanding it? I have every starter from all games so if you want one of those let me know. That last sentence goes for anyone playing.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#98 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:13 am

Trade 1: Flynn, Pekovic for Oden, Fernandez
Trade 2: Randolph, Webster, 2011 1st for Iguodala

Rubio/Ridnour
Iguodala/Fernandez/Ellington
Beasley/Johnson/Hayward
Love/Tolliver
Oden/Milicic
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#99 » by theGreatRC » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Flynn has so much value on 2K11 it's crazy. He's 4 1/2 stars during the 2011 season and 5 stars at the start of the 2012 season so you can package him with a 1st round pick and pretty much get a waaaaaay better player than him
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#100 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm

yea I was wondering whats up w/ that value, they adjusted Love's rating during the season, but apparently they couldn't be bothered to watch Flynn

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves