ImageImageImage

The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#41 » by jade_hippo » Wed Mar 9, 2011 7:26 am

Which guy should I pick first? the fire one usually turns out to be the best for endgame pokemon if I remember right.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,318

Post#42 » by Calinks » Wed Mar 9, 2011 9:32 pm

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#43 » by B Calrissian » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:47 pm

jade_hippo wrote:Which guy should I pick first? the fire one usually turns out to be the best for endgame pokemon if I remember right.

I'd go with Oshwatt or Snivy. I've seen tons more Tepigs offered on the trade system so you could always snag one on there. Plus you can get Viciniti not too far into the game and it's fire/physic.

I now love the trade negotiations system. My goal was to get a female and male Eevee (one japanese one american).
It took awhile to get the female. I eventually got it from a guy that let me pick between 3 diff ones. My greeting was PLEASE EEVEE.
So in around ten trades or so I went from..

Snivy
2 Panpours
Musharana

to

Eevee (male)
Eevee (female)
Meganium (shiny)
Machamp (shiny)

I felt like David Kahn. AR for Brewer? Beasley for 2 2nds? Darko for Cardinal? Yes please.

Having said that I still don't like the other trade format. Wouldn't it make it ALOT easier to be able to enter the Pokemon you want to trade then see what ppl are offering for it?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,890

Post#44 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:35 am

In my first My Player season, I forced my way to the T'Wolves. I was swapped in for Tolliver. More recently, as in the past two days, Kahn's been busy making three separate trades.

Trade 1: Luke Ridnour and 2012 1st for Eric Bledsoe and Ike Diogu (WTF?)
Trade 2: Wes Johnson for Ed Davis
Trade 3: Darko Milicic for Christian Eyenga

BTW, I'm a 6'9", 255 lb all-around C/PF from Norway, 62 overall, starting and getting 28 mpg
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
collin_k41
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#45 » by collin_k41 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:14 am

I've been keeping myself busy lately with the My Player mode of 2k11 as well. I'm a 6'8" SF, got drafted by the Nets and I'm starting now. Tonight I got into an exciting double-overtime game with Portland and ended up winning by two. I'm only a 53 overall so I think I'm going to bide my time and improve for a while before trying to force a trade to the Wolves.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,890

Post#46 » by Klomp » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 am

This same thing just happeed to me
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPAFukmzLj4[/youtube]
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#47 » by CoffeeJanitor » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:06 am

Just picked up Black tonight. We should have some Realgm battles at some point.
*Kebo 4 MVP*
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#48 » by southern wolf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Klomp wrote:This same thing just happeed to me
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPAFukmzLj4[/youtube]

Wow, so far I've only had the odd minor glitch. That's crazy.
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#49 » by B Calrissian » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 pm

CoffeeJanitor wrote:Just picked up Black tonight. We should have some Realgm battles at some point.

What do you think of it so far? I didn't like the first few gyms. They seemed way too easy.
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#50 » by CoffeeJanitor » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:42 pm

B Calrissian wrote:
CoffeeJanitor wrote:Just picked up Black tonight. We should have some Realgm battles at some point.

What do you think of it so far? I didn't like the first few gyms. They seemed way too easy.
To tell you the truth my DS' battery is dead and I have no idea where I put my charger. I just beat the first gym and yeah it seemed kind of easy, especially how they gave you a counter with the monkey.
*Kebo 4 MVP*
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#51 » by B Calrissian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:46 am

CoffeeJanitor wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:

To tell you the truth my DS' battery is dead and I have no idea where I put my charger. I just beat the first gym and yeah it seemed kind of easy, especially how they gave you a counter with the monkey.

Damn that sucks that you can't find your charger after just getting the game.

I've been breeding Eevees to get fitting natures for all the upgrade paths. So far I only have a Flareon and Leafeon. It seems like a pain to get the two that upgrade when their happiness level reaches a certain point. Probably because I can't figure out how to see what their current happiness level is.
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#52 » by jade_hippo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:49 am

B Calrissian wrote:
CoffeeJanitor wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:What do you think of it so far? I didn't like the first few gyms. They seemed way too easy.

Damn that sucks that you can't find your charger after just getting the game.

I've been breeding Eevees to get fitting natures for all the upgrade paths. So far I only have a Flareon and Leafeon. It seems like a pain to get the two that upgrade when their happiness level reaches a certain point. Probably because I can't figure out how to see what their current happiness level is.

I still haven't decided which starter to pick... :-?
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#53 » by CoffeeJanitor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:01 am

jade_hippo wrote:
Go with the cute one
*Kebo 4 MVP*
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#54 » by jade_hippo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:18 am

CoffeeJanitor wrote:
jade_hippo wrote:
Go with the cute one

in my ideal world Skitty would be a starter pick
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#55 » by B Calrissian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:28 am

I wouldn't dwell on the starter much. As I said before you can always trade for one of the other two if you don't like the one you pick. Plus you can trade your starter you don't like for a kings ransom to the right person.

I started with a Snivy and have had atleast two Oshawotts. I didn't trade much (just a bunch of minor trades) to get either Oshawott and ended up trading my Snivy and an Oshawott for a Shiny Machamp and Shiny Meganium. I think I traded the other Oshawott for a Spoink with PKRS.

The saying one mans trash is another mans treasure is very true when it comes to trading on this game. For example I had that hardest time trying to trade for a female Eevee until I found someone that had been breeding them. He/she more or less gave it to me after others were demanding the world for one. Just takes patience to find the right trade partner.

I probably just repeated the exact same stuff I said in an earlier post but oh well.

* Coffeejanitor- What starter did you pick?
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#56 » by CoffeeJanitor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 am

B Calrissian wrote:I wouldn't dwell on the starter much. As I said before you can always trade for one of the other two if you don't like the one you pick. Plus you can trade your starter you don't like for a kings ransom to the right person.

I started with a Snivy and have had atleast two Oshawotts. I didn't trade much (just a bunch of minor trades) to get either Oshawott and ended up trading my Snivy and an Oshawott for a Shiny Machamp and Shiny Meganium. I think I traded the other Oshawott for a Spoink with PKRS.

The saying one mans trash is another mans treasure is very true when it comes to trading on this game. For example I had that hardest time trying to trade for a female Eevee until I found someone that had been breeding them. He/she more or less gave it to me after others were demanding the world for one. Just takes patience to find the right trade partner.

I probably just repeated the exact same stuff I said in an earlier post but oh well.

Oshawott.

Can't wait to find my charger...I plan on burning through the main game quickly when I do, that way I can start making a competitive team. Definitely a lot of work, but so worth it.
*Kebo 4 MVP*
jade_hippo
Starter

Post#57 » by jade_hippo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 am

B Calrissian wrote:I wouldn't dwell on the starter much.

I also bought Goldeneye 007 and i've been awake for like 40 hours. Playtime is at a premium right now. I just haven't been inspired to get my Pokedex on.
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#58 » by CoffeeJanitor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:41 am

jade_hippo wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:I wouldn't dwell on the starter much.

I also bought Goldeneye 007 and i've been awake for like 40 hours. Playtime is at a premium right now. I just haven't been inspired to get my Pokedex on.
It's a nice remake. Do you have either of the Mario Galaxies? Those are some of the most well-made games I've ever played.
*Kebo 4 MVP*
B Calrissian
Head Coach

Post#59 » by B Calrissian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 am

CoffeeJanitor wrote:
B Calrissian wrote:I wouldn't dwell on the starter much. As I said before you can always trade for one of the other two if you don't like the one you pick. Plus you can trade your starter you don't like for a kings ransom to the right person.

Oshawott.

Can't wait to find my charger...I plan on burning through the main game quickly when I do, that way I can start making a competitive team. Definitely a lot of work, but so worth it.

I didn't play Heart Gold online and haven't fought anyone online in this version. So basically I expect to get destroyed when I jump in.

Does it match you up with someone that is in a certain level range of you? Or do people play at strict levels like 50, 75, or 100? I can't imagine getting six up 100. How do you grind out that many levels? I suppose in the Black version you could just keep fighting the trainers in Black City or whatever its called.
CoffeeJanitor
Rookie

Post#60 » by CoffeeJanitor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:58 am

B Calrissian wrote:
I didn't play Heart Gold online and haven't fought anyone online in this version. So basically I expect to get destroyed when I jump in.

Does it match you up with someone that is in a certain level range of you? Or do people play at strict levels like 50, 75, or 100? I can't imagine getting six up 100. How do you grind out that many levels? I suppose in the Black version you could just keep fighting the trainers in Black City or whatever its called.
No idea...I mostly just play with a few of my buddies who are pretty good, but hopefully they have 6v6 battles online now. That's where the fun is at
*Kebo 4 MVP*

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves