The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,318

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1441 » by Calinks » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Heads up lots of deals this week and especially on Black Friday. If anyone here is thinking about buying games or a new system now's the time to start looking. K-mart is selling several games on sale right now including the highly acclaimed Shadow of Mordor for $25 bucks. Amazon.com tends to match prices. Please don't pay full price for any new game this week unless you are just dying to have it or don't give a damn.

Also I thought this was kind of funny. I'm impressed with any average Joe who can get more than 5.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaO2WIUGUSA[/youtube]
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#1442 » by packforfreedom » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Calinks wrote:Heads up lots of deals this week and especially on Black Friday. If anyone here is thinking about buying games or a new system now's the time to start looking. K-mart is selling several games on sale right now including the highly acclaimed Shadow of Mordor for $25 bucks. Amazon.com tends to match prices. Please don't pay full price for any new game this week unless you are just dying to have it or don't give a damn.

Also I thought this was kind of funny. I'm impressed with any average Joe who can get more than 5.

Haha, first I thought Martin is selling games, now he's injured. had to google, that K-Mart is also the name of a shop
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1443 » by Calinks » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 pm

packforfreedom wrote:
Calinks wrote:Heads up lots of deals this week and especially on Black Friday. If anyone here is thinking about buying games or a new system now's the time to start looking. K-mart is selling several games on sale right now including the highly acclaimed Shadow of Mordor for $25 bucks. Amazon.com tends to match prices. Please don't pay full price for any new game this week unless you are just dying to have it or don't give a damn.

Haha, first I thought Martin is selling games, now he's injured. had to google, that K-Mart is also the name of a shop

LOL those are some hard times to fall on if dude is on the streets selling videogames to get by!
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1444 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:48 am

2K15, Madden 15, and EA Sports MMA have all arrived. Friday I get the One hopefully and kick things off. Def excited to play as the non injured wolves in the new GM mode.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1445 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:04 am

A lot of gaming deals are going live already. Microsoft Store is selling the Xbox One with Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flags+Any free game of your choice for $329

Ebay is selling the PS4 for $329 right now too.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1446 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Just started the new GM mode and it seems awesome. Didn't know you would have this much interaction with the owner.

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1447 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Calinks wrote:A lot of gaming deals are going live already. Microsoft Store is selling the Xbox One with Assassins Creed Unity and Black Flags+Any free game of your choice for $329

Ebay is selling the PS4 for $329 right now too.

I didn't see a $329 PS4, but i saw a ps4/gta5/last of us package for $399 on Amazon that was tempting, but then I remembered I already played and beat GTA5, I don't much care about Last of Us, and the only time I get to play video games without kids jumping on me like a I'm a **** jungle gym is after 11 pm Fri/Sat, and by then all I want to do is sleep.

Now if they put out a 2k15/Madden PS4 package for $399, that might do it. Otherwise I think i'll wait for a little more motivation like a new Mass Effect/Fallout/Elder Scrolls title or a big price drop.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1448 » by Devilzsidewalk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 pm

that Assassin's Creed Xbox1 package at Target is tempting too. Says they're in stock at Midway, hmmm...
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1449 » by Calinks » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:02 am

There are some truly great deals out there but I don't recommend people jump ship unless they really are wanting to get into the new wave. Right now there are enough games to warrant a purchase but you should make sure they would be worth it to you to play them. If you feel like you wouldn't mind waiting longer, next year things will be even cheaper and the there will be about twice as many good games as there are now.

After spending 3 or four hours with my new console, I'm pretty excited over it but its not like a door blasting revolution. There are a lot of cool features and the graphics are nice but its not like the old days when you would go from a Playstion One to the N64 or N64 to PS2. Those were dramatic leaps.

Some thing are a pain in the ass too. You have to install every game. And on the xbox these have all been 30 minutes to an hour for me. I have spent most of my time installing games and its annoying. PS4 is supposed to be a lot more reasonable with the install times.

I will say this, if anyone is interested on capitalizing on BF (or the many deals that will run through until probably Tuesday) you can get most games for very cheap. You can NBA 2K15 for at least 30 dollars right now. I highly recommend skipping the retail stores and buying online if you can. It's crazy out there.

Check out this thread for those that are interested. I had a field day in the last 24 hours with these deals.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/338 ... ed-112714/

BTW Devilz, I got a great bundle at the Microsoft store. X1+Assassins Creed bundle (I'm kind of meh on the AssCreed games but I'll still took it)+Any free game I wanted for $329.999. If you were so inclined you could take 2K as that free game. Also, if you still have your old 360 you can trade that in for 100 making the deal now $229.99
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1450 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Dec 2, 2014 12:05 am

I'll have to wait to see some solid gameplay footage, but I'm thinking Mad Max sounds up my alley, and then this game too:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgW-_ZH2STI[/youtube]
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1451 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 2, 2014 7:39 pm

2K has some faces really down. It's crazy.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1452 » by Calinks » Sat Dec 6, 2014 6:54 am

XD Brewer!

Also I called Shabazz out and he got pissed. Now he's all depressed and I'm worried its going to come down to a trade situation or something.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,889

Post#1453 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Went for a 5x5 last night. Don't think I've ever done that before. Finished with 31 pts, 21 reb, 13 ast, 7 stl, 5 blk.

I'm a 7'1" 235 lb center
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1454 » by Calinks » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:11 am

Patch came out for 2K15. Liking what they have changed. I'm really struggling with the wolves though. It's hard to use Young. I also cant edit players anymore but luckily I got most of the guys where I want them, Shabazz was way off stat wise (no post game at all).

My GM is really cool though, lots of stuff going on. Other GM's actually call you to make deals. Looks like the wolves owner, modeled after Glenn Taylor is selling the team. That sucks because he was easy to work for. Don't know what the new guy will demand or expect. Here is a short video so you can see what its like for those who don't have next gen.

http://xboxclips.com/Calinks/0a8dce54-3 ... cf109f91e6
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1455 » by Calinks » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Scouting is really cool in 2K15 GM mode. You send your scout out, he comes back with a report on several prospects, you get a lot more information than before including a social media page where you can see what people have been saying about them. Multiple big boards from various sites and mick drafts.

Simcast is really good now too. It sims games really fast and you can jump in at any time. Makes it a lot easier to get through games while still having some direct control. You can just play all 4th quarters if you wanted to.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1456 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:59 pm

whats up with NBA Live - I didn't hear any horror stories this year nor any praise, so I'm assuming its solidly mediocre at least
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1457 » by Calinks » Thu Jan 8, 2015 2:04 am

I heard live was decent.

2K15 makes Dante Exum seem like a big douche. Just another reason to hate the Jazz.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1458 » by King Malta » Thu Jan 8, 2015 2:35 am

Calinks wrote:Scouting is really cool in 2K15 GM mode. You send your scout out, he comes back with a report on several prospects, you get a lot more information than before including a social media page where you can see what people have been saying about them. Multiple big boards from various sites and mick drafts.

Simcast is really good now too. It sims games really fast and you can jump in at any time. Makes it a lot easier to get through games while still having some direct control. You can just play all 4th quarters if you wanted to.

That's racist.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1459 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:37 pm

haven't been playing too much 2K. Been playing the mobile my team game though, that thing is addicting. I have also been hooked on Madden. The draft in Madden is so much more exciting than NBA 2K's because the talent is way way way deeper. I have been killing it in these madden drafts walking away with 3-5 difference makers in nearly every draft. It's really fun stuff, I spend nearly two hours when draft time comes up with scouting, wheeling and dealing, and finding the best gems possible. Then I Like to review every teams draft and see who did the best. One player in the last draft was a 89 right out of the gate!
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1460 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Corey Brewer is a jerk to in 2K15. Where does he get off doing this? He has done other things to my center too. One day we are going to get him.

http://xboxclips.com/Calinks/670abd60-c ... ddd77db869

This also blew up in my face later as the media got a hold of it. Thanks Corey!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves