The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1461 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:06 am

Calinks wrote:I heard live was decent.

2K15 makes Dante Exum seem like a big douche. Just another reason to hate the Jazz.

Ha yeah he came out and bragged about "schooling" me the other day, man I wanted to punch him in the face.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1462 » by Devilzsidewalk » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Calinks wrote:The draft in Madden is so much more exciting than NBA 2K's because the talent is way way way deeper. I have been killing it in these madden drafts walking away with 3-5 difference makers in nearly every draft. It's really fun stuff, I spend nearly two hours when draft time comes up with scouting, wheeling and dealing, and finding the best gems possible. Then I Like to review every teams draft and see who did the best. One player in the last draft was a 89 right out of the gate!

Do the Madden drafts still repeat? I remember a couple years ago I got Madden and looked it up online and somebody found there was something like 30 pre-set drafts programmed in, and they did the gruntwork to post the ratings of the meaningful players, so come draft time, I used that guide to cheat my way to a pro bowl team
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,137

Post#1463 » by Calinks » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
Calinks wrote:The draft in Madden is so much more exciting than NBA 2K's because the talent is way way way deeper. I have been killing it in these madden drafts walking away with 3-5 difference makers in nearly every draft. It's really fun stuff, I spend nearly two hours when draft time comes up with scouting, wheeling and dealing, and finding the best gems possible. Then I Like to review every teams draft and see who did the best. One player in the last draft was a 89 right out of the gate!

Do the Madden drafts still repeat? I remember a couple years ago I got Madden and looked it up online and somebody found there was something like 30 pre-set drafts programmed in, and they did the gruntwork to post the ratings of the meaningful players, so come draft time, I used that guide to cheat my way to a pro bowl team

LOL yea, that was in the old ones. Last year I got Madden 13 for like 10 bucks. I really did not like when I found out everyone was premade but it did have some great perks. Those custom stories were awesome for the players and it made drafting fun because you knew the developers put some diamonds in the rough in every draft. I wound up getting a pretty beastly team too but didn't cheat.

This year they got rid of that in part because people play online franchise and you could just look up who the best players were and always pick awesome guys. Now its random but some of the story stuff is sitll in there as they probably have about 100 premade stories they randomly link to some players who probably have some attribute that makes the story make some sense.

It's not as unique as the tailor made stuff in the old games but the trade off of having random rookies is worth it. The only possible issues so far is I don't think we get the truly unique AMAZING mega star players anymore you could get with the premade players. You still can draft future hall of famers and great players, I just haven't seen that top tier guy come out yet. Although I know the Cardinals did take a QB was a top 5 QB in the league in his first season.

It's a lot of fun though and I now have a pretty stacked team for the future. I have nearly perfected my drafting method. I have recently discovered there is one trait that is usually a very good indicator if a player will be a star or not.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1464 » by Calinks » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:13 am

So I'm going to be running a Simulation GM NBA 2K15 tournament and streaming the games on twitch. It has some rules to it. I am looking for 16 teams and so far we got 13. All teams have already been drafted but there are still a lot of quality players to put teams together with. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give more details.
ace625214
Bench Warmer
And1: 604

Post#1465 » by ace625214 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:27 am

Calinks wrote:So I'm going to be running a Simulation GM NBA 2K15 tournament and streaming the games on twitch. It has some rules to it. I am looking for 16 teams and so far we got 13. All teams have already been drafted but there are still a lot of quality players to put teams together with. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give more details.

You fantasy drafted teams before all the slots were filled? Those last few teams are going to get slaughtered.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1466 » by Calinks » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 am

ace625214 wrote:
Calinks wrote:So I'm going to be running a Simulation GM NBA 2K15 tournament and streaming the games on twitch. It has some rules to it. I am looking for 16 teams and so far we got 13. All teams have already been drafted but there are still a lot of quality players to put teams together with. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give more details.

You fantasy drafted teams before all the slots were filled? Those last few teams are going to get slaughtered.

Not really. It's not perfect but guys are slotted into certain tiers. You can only take so many from so many tiers. So yea, people who picked first do get their choice of guys from those tiers and will has "better" teams but there are still quality teams to be made. A person picking last can still put together a team that can win it all.

It's been a pain in the ass just getting people to make proper tiered picks and everything, coming up with a draft process for 16 people would have taken way way more time than I am willing to invest. Some people sign up and are never heard from again.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#1467 » by packforfreedom » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:19 pm

can't wait till 2K updates the roster for playing online.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1468 » by Calinks » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:22 pm

One thing I will say, I could never do crap with Thad on 2K15. Will be great having some size at PF again.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1469 » by Calinks » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:13 am

So now that Thad and Brewer are gone I wonder who takes over in all cut scenes for new people who join the wolves in my career? I might have to start a new one just to find out.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,259

Post#1470 » by Sothron » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:12 am

So when do they update the roster for 2k15? I have to start a new Twolves campaign just to have KG on it. He retired after year 1 in my current TWolf franchise so I can't put him on the team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#1471 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:04 am

Sothron wrote:So when do they update the roster for 2k15? I have to start a new Twolves campaign just to have KG on it. He retired after year 1 in my current TWolf franchise so I can't put him on the team.

Probably overnight or some time tomorrow
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1472 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:05 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/568622518551994369[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/568572609345949696[/tweet]
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,259

Post#1473 » by Sothron » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Klomp wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/568622518551994369[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/568572609345949696[/tweet]

That is awesome. I'm not sure how the card game mode works though. Is it like Magic or Hearthstone?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1474 » by Calinks » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:18 pm

:lol: I murdered Lebron last night.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85qnB7miJNA[/youtube]
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1475 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:15 am

Oh hellllllllllll naw! In my career the wolves traded Dieng for Corey Joeseph. Then a week later they traded Shabazz for Mozgoz. They never gave Bazz play time either, I'm pissed.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1476 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:21 am

Also I think there is a glitch, Rubio has been injured for 4-6 months since the end of the last season. I just simmed through the rest of the season and he's still out. He's been injured for almost two years.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1477 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:39 am

Calinks wrote:Also I think there is a glitch, Rubio has been injured for 4-6 months since the end of the last season. I just simmed through the rest of the season and he's still out. He's been injured for almost two years.

LOL

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1478 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 am

So yea, its a glitch. Just simmed another season. Wovles won the championship over Love and the Cavs. Rubio is still injured. The worst thing is, he still plays games he's just hobbled. So we got this chump taking minutes playing like trash every game. ITs really ruining My Career. They need to let us influence the roster, I'd have him traded if hes' just going to be like this forever. Apparently this has happened to a lot of people. Amazing 2K hasn't fixed this.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#1479 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:52 am

Calinks wrote:So yea, its a glitch. Just simmed another season. Wovles won the championship over Love and the Cavs. Rubio is still injured. The worst thing is, he still plays games he's just hobbled. So we got this chump taking minutes playing like trash every game. ITs really ruining My Career. They need to let us influence the roster, I'd have him traded if hes' just going to be like this forever. Apparently this has happened to a lot of people. Amazing 2K hasn't fixed this.

LOL hope it's not a foreshadowing of Ricky's career to come.

I turned my PS4 on for the first time in like 2 months today, don't know why I even got the thing.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1480 » by Klomp » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:20 am

Grits n Gravy wrote:I turned my PS4 on for the first time in like 2 months today, don't know why I even got the thing.

I'm so glad I didn't upgrade when the PS4 and XBox One came out, because I knew the same thing would happen to me.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves