ImageImageImage

The Newest Video Game Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Re: The Newest Video Game Thread 

Post#1281 » by packforfreedom » Thu Jun 5, 2014 11:31 am

hehe, I play 2k14 on PS3 and I'm a 2.15m (is this 7'1? i have no idea, USA y u no use metric system?) 125kg athletic center. I was drafted by Boston at 16 and after half of my rookie season a demanded a trade to the wolves, to which i was traded for Pek then. Well and I'm pretty much the most dominant rookie of all time. 33ppg, 13 rpg, 3bpg with a FG% of 67% and PER of 35. As a center i cannot change to 3-2, which means Love is pure garbage. he usually finishes with 3-11 shooting (3-11 from 3) and 7 rebounds (I think after the season I will demand his trade) But Martin and Ricky really work with my playing style. Ricky and I playing pick and rolls with brew and martin camping at the 3pt-line.
after some losses the wolves found their groove and we're at the 8th seed (10th before my arrival) right now.

some general aspects of 2k14. Ricky is such a beast.
when you play association, things start getting better when adelman is gone.
Shved is also really good. Barea plays exactly like Barea
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,807

Post#1282 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 5, 2014 3:36 pm

packforfreedom wrote:Shved is also really good. Barea plays exactly like Barea

I was just coming here to say something like this.

Injuries have killed my team. Love missed a bunch of time with injuries, so the new starting frontcourt was Dieng and Pekovic. It did not work (at least with what I wanted to do). Then a couple days before Love got healthy, Martin got dinged up. In comes Rubio, with myself sliding from PG to SG. Not ideal, and our production suffered.

Thankfully the AllStar break came at the right time. Kevin Love finally got healthy. However, Rubio then went on the shelf for 6-8 weeks with an injury. Next man up was Shved to SG with me taking over PG again. In his first game as a starter, he put up 18 points including a number of threes.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,225

Post#1283 » by Calinks » Thu Jun 5, 2014 6:48 pm

In my game I played Barea is trash. Can't hit anything. In 2K13 he was damn good.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,807

Post#1284 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 5, 2014 6:50 pm

Calinks wrote:In my game I played Barea is trash. Can't hit anything. In 2K13 he was damn good.

So you're saying 2k14 is much more realistic... :wink:
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1285 » by Calinks » Thu Jun 5, 2014 7:06 pm

Ok what is up with the shoes? Why do some players have crazy loud colored shoes that dont match their uniforms at all? Like Some wovles players have these really bright red shoes on.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1286 » by Calinks » Fri Jun 6, 2014 3:28 am

I am having a hard time with the controls. First of all, them nbot requiring us to pull the trigger when we shoot is really hard to get used to. Also I am playing on the Playstation 3 now and its really tough to get used to the gamepad for this kind of game. Also, 2K really did a bad job on the visuals, the 360 version of this game looks smoother. Don't know what they were thinking here.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#1287 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:05 am

I gave up on My Player in that game. I don't derive any enjoyment out of having to literally take care of the entire offense and defense single handedly just to eke out a win. GM mode with fantasy draft is pretty fun, but the cpu still can't comprehend what a normal, balanced roster should like and their trades and signings reflect that. The team that had CP3 spent all their free agent money on Rajon Rondo. Another team had Damian Lilliard and like 3 starting quality SGs and big holes in the front court. I look at the headlines and see they traded a SG and for a second I was happy they finally made a sensible trade, then I realize they traded for Tony Parker, who of course becomes a 6th man and quickly pissed at his role and minutes.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1288 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:10 am

how come the first post in this thread is February 2011...over 3 years to make 65 pages? People are not playing enough video games around here.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1289 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:15 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:Love is useless because rebounding ability continues to have no impact. He can shoot though so he's pretty good on threes and pick and pop

3 years later and no change in rebounding!
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#1290 » by AQuintus » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:43 am

The worst part is that the problems would be super easy to fix.

1) Roster balance problems (both in trades and the draft): Take the ratings of each player at each position (and 50% of each secondary position) and add them together. Whichever position has the lowest number is the position they target in trades or in the draft. It's not perfect, but if a team has a 90 starting PG, a 50 backup PG, and two 80 SGs, they won't draft or trade for SG. At least if they take a PG, that PG will fill a clear role (backup).

2) Rebounding - before this year, at least, with its completely broken player awareness, this problem was 100% player attribute based. Poor rebounds' rebounding ratings are waaaay too high. It doesn't matter if Love has a 99 rating, if a career 5 rebound per game guy, like Beasley, has an 80. I made my own custom roster last year based on actual player stats, and rebounding was much better. Apparently 2k hired on one of the better custom roster makers recently, so hopefully all ratings and tendencies will be better going forward.
MinotauroBigNog
Junior
And1: 112

Post#1291 » by MinotauroBigNog » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:12 am

Anyone excited from all the E3 news? Games your looking forward to?
Pride Never Die
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1292 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:43 am

I have played a lot of games over the years so I am pretty jaded when it comes to new stuff. It's hard to get me really excited as I have seen it all before. What I wanted to see at E3 is new, interesting ideas or at least big innovations on old ones. I haven't seen too much of that. With that said, I am excited for No Man's Sky. I have heard good things from Live but EA ALWAYS talks up Live and then apologizes 6 months later.

I'll probably finally bite the bullet and get a PS4 this summer or fall. I really hope the new GTA V for next gen has more additions than simply graphics. Wish I had a PC that could run it.

As for NBA 2K14. I keep asking about the shoe issue, not many people seem to know what I am talking about. I get these really outlandish shoes on my players. Colors that do not match the tam, like Orange and turquoise, with ruby soles. I dont know if its a glitch or what but every other game the shoes are all messed up.

I also learned my PS3 controller is messed up so that is part of the reason why I am struggling with the controls.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,313

Post#1293 » by Mattya » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:52 am

No Man's Sky does look fantastic.

Batman stole the show for me, but i'm a big Batman fan. GTAV and Last of Us remasters have me excited to retire my ps3. Uncharted teaser looked good. The Order 1886 graphics looked good, but need to see more about the gameplay. Sunset Overdrive looks crazy fun.

Playstation TV is going to be a big seller if you ask me.
Adenusi
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#1294 » by Adenusi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:33 am

Yea, i'm getting that white PS4.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1295 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:55 am

I think I'm gonna wait it out till I can get a base system with 1 game for 299. Right now it seems like all they have to offer is games I already played, but with better graphics.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1296 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:34 pm

http://youtu.be/vQy8h1kxO6c?t=7m43s

:lol:

EA writing checks with their bulldog mouth that their chihuahua asses cant even cash.

It would be hilarious if 2K releases a trailers later this year that starts off with the clip of the EA guy talking smack and then transitions right into a series of highlights of the best looking Football game you have ever seen. Then it ends with a release date the same day as Madden.That poor guy would probably get fired lol.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#1297 » by UcanUwill » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:35 am

I reinstall my Windows 7, and now I cant load any modern games. Seems like I installed all the drivers, directx. Any ideas what the hell am I missing? Thanks.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM

Post#1298 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:01 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I reinstall my Windows 7, and now I cant load any modern games. Seems like I installed all the drivers, directx. Any ideas what the hell am I missing? Thanks.

are the games on cd/dvd, from Steam, or "other"
and
what is happening when you try to execute the game file, are you getting any error messages
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#1299 » by UcanUwill » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I reinstall my Windows 7, and now I cant load any modern games. Seems like I installed all the drivers, directx. Any ideas what the hell am I missing? Thanks.

are the games on cd/dvd, from Steam, or "other"
and
what is happening when you try to execute the game file, are you getting any error messages

Steam. I get program stopped working message or anything at all. It just stops working before anything happens. Weird.
Streakers33
Sixth Man
And1: 202

Post#1300 » by Streakers33 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Freakn another injury. I thinking the CPU hates the wolves like the rest of the world. Two weeks before playoffs and Rubio out for a month. And we just stopped the losing streak. Grrr

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves